PDA

View Full Version : My clients Ivy been cut & not by me. Your oppion.

gusbuster
08-17-2000, 05:31 PM
Got a weird situation here. Today I went to do my best and most profitable customer. He has some ivy that he has trained over the years to climb his fence. The problem, the new neighbor behind him I guess had the back hill cut and guessing that neighbor didnít like the ivy on the wall, the people who did the work didnít realized that it belonged to somebody else or the neighbor had them do it. Now the problem, my client is out of town for the next 2 weeks. I also know that he will probably ask me to go talk to the people since he always too busy. The ivy is starting to fall away from the fence to the ground. I shouldnít have to secure it or have to charge extra my client at least thatís my feeling, since it was work that was performed by another company and in violation of property rights. What do you guys think? Go talk to the neighbor? Send the neighbor a bill for my time and effort? I am thinking of doing the latter, realizing Iíll never see the money, but maybe in the future, they will talk to my client first before they do anything. What do you guys think?? I will probably be posting pics of what was done later tonight. Will edit this post so I can put the link in.
John

Getmow
08-17-2000, 06:01 PM
You have the photos. Your client will want it fixed. Fix it and you will come out on top. Give your client the bill and let him take care of his neighbor.

Guido
08-17-2000, 06:25 PM
As Long as you say you have the evidence on film of the problem and extra work for you, you should wait till your customer gets back and se what he wants to do about dealing with his neighbor. You don't want to start a battle between the two yards, in case your customer doesn't want to get involved in that feud!! Good Luck and let us know what happens when your client gets back.

:)

bob
08-17-2000, 09:20 PM
Take pictures. Don't send the neighbor a bill. Wait for your customer to get home and explain the situation to him. Let him decide what to do. He might say that he doesn't really care about the ivy. Don't get yourself all worked up over this!

gusbuster
08-17-2000, 10:37 PM
<a href="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=976030&a=7929850">
Pictures of the damaged,cutivy</a>
Talked to my client since my post. He said to do what ever I think should be done. I think one of the drip lines that waters the trees that are not in view in the pics I'm going to post has been damaged or is not their.:mad:. I'm unable to test manualy from the valves or timer because they are located in a building that has an alarm. My code didn't work. His wife must of got mad at the husband again and changed the codes.:p
To those people that replied; bob,andrews,Guido & Getmow, Thanks.That's what make this site so good
John

FIREMAN
08-17-2000, 10:57 PM
TIE UP YOUR CLIENTS IVY....DON'T GET INVOLVED IN A NEIGHBOR WAR...ADVISE YOUR CLIENT OF HOW THIS SITUATION OCCURED, BE HONEST AND DON'T ACCUSE ANYONE OF ANYTHING. REMEMBER WORD OF MOUTH IS THE BEST ADVERTISING AROUND, BUT IT WORKS TWO WAYS. YOU COULD END UP WITH A BAD RAP FROM THE NEIGHBOR, AND WHO KNOWS HOW MANY PEOPLE HE KNOWS THAT COULD BE FUTURE CLIENTS. BOTTOM LINE, TAKE THE BEST CARE POSSIBLE OF YOUR CUSTOMER, HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH HIS NEIGHBOR SHOULDN'T BE YOUR CONCERN. THIS IS JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION HOPE IT HELPS