PDA

View Full Version : blade attachment for stihl trimmer

DiSantolandscaping
09-19-2012, 07:13 PM
ok so i have a stihl fs90r trimmer. i called my local dealer and asked if they had a blade attachment for cutting pucker brush and stuff and they said yes the blade a lone is 33 bucks and i have to buy the attachment seperatley. well before i could ask how much the attachment is they hung up on me.

does anyone that you know of make a universal type attachment that might be a little cheaper? i only need it for this one job so i dont want to spend a bunch on if right now.

Roger
09-19-2012, 09:18 PM
I use a blade on my FC85, but could use it on my FS90R as well.

I have two blades, one with many small teeth, and a three tooth blade. I recall I bought a kit to attach the blades. It consists of a cone, nut, and driver disk (serrated teeth that mesh with the post coming from the gear box).

I first bought the blade with many small teeth and used it for several years. I really don't recall why, but then bought the three tooth one, a much different design. I like the three tooth one better. I use it for overgrown grass along a creek, and also for tall weeds. It really works well for the heavier material (e.g. thick, overgrown grass and heavy weeds), where a string is ineffective.

My parts have paid for themselves many, many times over with the work I've done with them. You may think you have one job, but may quickly find other work that you didn't realize you could handle (and get paid).

rlitman
09-20-2012, 08:07 AM
It's just a handful of small parts (mainly a cone washer of sorts, and a bolt) that adapt the blade to fit where the string trimmer head goes. The blade is the most expensive part if you already have the straight shaft string trimmer gearbox.

DiSantolandscaping
09-20-2012, 07:51 PM
It's just a handful of small parts (mainly a cone washer of sorts, and a bolt) that adapt the blade to fit where the string trimmer head goes. The blade is the most expensive part if you already have the straight shaft string trimmer gearbox.

yea my trimmer is the straight shaft. I was just wondering if like home crapo or lowes has like a universal kit type one thats cheaper then 45 or 50 bucks

easy-lift guy
09-20-2012, 08:48 PM
You will need to secure a brush cutter blade adaptor kit from a Stihl dealer. Do not go back to the dealer you mentioned earlier on in this thread.
easy-lift guy

cgaengineer
09-20-2012, 08:51 PM
It comes with a left hand nut, washer and a metal disk. Blade is about $15 and adapter kit is about $12 if I recall.
Posted via Mobile Device

cgaengineer
09-20-2012, 08:51 PM
yea my trimmer is the straight shaft. I was just wondering if like home crapo or lowes has like a universal kit type one thats cheaper then 45 or 50 bucks

Buy the Stihl kit....
Posted via Mobile Device

DiSantolandscaping
09-21-2012, 09:07 PM
ok thanks for the replys, i bought the kit from my stihl dealer. I think he used me up pretty hard on the deal tho. It cost me 29 plus tax for the blade,
5 bucks for the nut, 5 bucks for the washer, and 8 bucks for the aluminum spacer thing that goes with it. total of 48 bucks, i just hope its worth it. ill find out sometime this weekend.