PDA

View Full Version : Pro Line Trailer Issues

sixpixels
09-20-2012, 11:22 AM
Hey guys,
So Iím at a dead end here. I bought a brand new 7x16 Proline Trailer with dual 3500ln capacity Dexter axles1 yr ago and since having the trailer I have had nothing but structural issues. Within the first week I noticed the rear axle(tire) seemed to be on a slight angle. I called the dealer and he told me to call the manufacturer. Did so and they blew it off. Then I started noticing the floor start sagging and the wood coming loose. Look under the trailer and all the cross beams from middle to rear of trailer are mangled..bent. Call them again and without any hesitation they pay a local weld to fix the beams. As the months go on I notice the axle issue getting worse and floor issue starting again and getting worse buy the day. I could physically slide my foot in to the gap between the wood boards on the trailer floor. Now form day 1 I have had the same setup in trailer.1-32Ē exmark metro walk behind, 1 Bobcat 48Ē ZTR, 1 21Ē residential mower. Bags for all 3, trimmer rack on wall holding 3 trimmers, ladder rack on other wall holding 1 aluminum ladder. Shelves on back wall hold misc small items, mix, chainsaw, garbage bags etc etc. The ONLY things on the floors of the trailer are the 3 mowers and the bags. Now the max weight of trailer with load is 7000 lbs. I took trailer and dropped it on scale loaded with equipment and it should loaded weight at 3900 lbs so Iím not even close to 7K. So again I call the manufacturer and speak with Kenny who is the guy Iíve been complaining to. He tells me it needs to go to them in VA and Iím in NJ. I tell him Iím not paying to ship it there or driving it there so he agrees to have it loaded on a trailer going back to them for nothing BUT I have to pay $400 shipping fee back to NJ. I figure hey if they fix my issue under warranty ill eat the $400 shipping. I get it to them and they do exactly what I thought they would do and say- Well our guys looked at the trailer and we deem that you have been overloading it. Cross beams are bent; both axels are bent etc etc. Now Iím with the trailer everyday and I know we have not overloaded it. I know we havenít had any accidents etc. So Iím stuck with a trailer that needs all this work, stuck in VA right now not even drivable because the axles are so bad and Proline Trailers wonít cover ****. So I paid $4k for a brand new trailer which is now not working. I even had a local welder look at it and he even said itís not a weight issue it the way the trailer was built using cheap thin materials. I tell them this and of course they deny it.

So what Iím asking for is if any of you have had a similar situation and can anyone else give me any ideas on how I can get these guys to cover this issue?? Any help will be appreciated.

dieselss
09-20-2012, 02:48 PM
Well I hate to say it but your kinda s.o.l. they probably used thin metal to save money. Sure its rated for 7k but for how long. Don't sound like ur over loading it. Sounds like cheap steel and no warranty. Have u seen or measured the steel supports? Might have to do that. Find out how much its supposta hold and maybe lawyer
Posted via Mobile Device

sixpixels
09-20-2012, 05:08 PM
Well the trailer does have a 5 yr structural warranty but there trying to say that this doesnt fall under it being we overloaded. Pretty much there screwing me over and wont fess up to the fact there trailers are built cheap and liek garabge.

dieselss
09-20-2012, 05:29 PM
Exactly. Just b/c the axles are rated at 7k. Don't mean the rest of the trail is. Have u cked the steel under it and measured how thick it is ?
Posted via Mobile Device

sixpixels
09-20-2012, 05:30 PM
ha come to find out Proline doresnt even manufacturer there own trailers. Victory Trailers in VA builds them and then Proline rebrands them as there own...lol. I realized this once I noticed the warranty paperwork said Victory Trailers Limited Warranty and called Victory to confirm. FML.

sixpixels
09-20-2012, 05:32 PM
I have not personally looked but a welder friend did and said that the material used to builf the trailer was too flimsy and they should have used thicker gauge steel. I also mentioned this to proline and they still blew me off saying it was a weight issue and not a strucure issue which is BS.

dieselss
09-20-2012, 05:35 PM
That's kinda what I thought. Thin steel. One of our trails stated to sag a little,,,now we deff overload them. We just had thicker beams put in,,,all good now. Either keep fighting it, buy another trail, or get this one beefed up good
Posted via Mobile Device

ParkWelding
09-20-2012, 07:13 PM
Unfortunately I believe this is a case where you get what you pay for. I had shopped for a new enclosed trailer on and off for maybe 6 months before I bought the Stealth I have now. I'll say the Proline pricing is mighty attractive in comparison, but I am pleased I spent the extra money with a somewhat local stocking dealer. I think if you're a retailer who has to fight to make a living selling only trailers, you're gonna sell a quality product to your customer. So far, I have bought 2 trailers in a couple years on their recommendations. They haven't let me down at all. I don't think you get that from the "Factory Direct" places.

ztman
09-20-2012, 08:19 PM
I see on the pro line website there is an option to upgrade load capacity. If you need to upgrade the load capicity on a 7x16 they must use thin steel

vaacutabove
09-22-2012, 09:31 PM
where at in VA did you buy it. was it boons mill by any chance. I have been looking at them and it seems they have a hit or miss rep. they are a little over an hr from me have yet to go put my eyes on them yet.

caseysmowing
09-24-2012, 01:49 PM
I just got off the phone with the dealer I bought my trailer from. All they have to say is that you over loaded the trailer and void the warranty. So in all reality there isn't any warranty. My problem isn't as big as yours but just a pain and the next trailer I buy will be from a reputable company. Never buy a carry on trailer period.