PDA

View Full Version : Bidding Opportunity websites

4 seasons lawn&land
09-21-2012, 07:25 PM
Anyone know of a good website for bidding opportunities? I have one thats not too much use to me as its more for the bigger guys.
http://dodgeprojects.construction.com/index.htm

jmacd
09-21-2012, 07:45 PM
It depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for commercial projects that you would bid through a GC or bid it as the GC than I would suggest you join your local builders exchange.

I belong to mine and it cost under a $1000 a year and that includes all the projects in my state, on line plans and specs, paper plans available and lots of information on how to get into commercial bidding. That would be in site work for me, I did see a bid request for snow plowing at a hospital last week.

For the money you cant bet it.

Residential work I have no idea, advertise I guess. I found that small commercial is the best for what we do.

Duekster
09-21-2012, 08:10 PM
Bidsysnc , Bluebook in addtion to Dodge.

AWJ Services
09-21-2012, 10:52 PM
It really depends on what kind of work you are trying to get.

ARP
09-22-2012, 10:15 AM
For commercial sitework projects, has anyone had any luck using cdcnews?

jmacd
09-22-2012, 11:44 AM
For commercial site work projects, has anyone had any luck using cdcnews?

Never have used them. Back to the local builders exchange. Ours has all the projects up for bid updated daily compiled from sites like Dodge, CDC, Bid clerk etc. All the information listed, owner, bid date, bonding info etc.

Also list all the GC's bidding the job, you can add your name to list so you receive quotes from other sub contractors for the job.

They also include a take off software that has plans loaded so you can do scaled take offs, quantities, job tracking etc.

I know this sounds like a sales pitch, believe me no commission paid. It is all you really need though to enable you to follow all the commercial work going and bid on it if you want to. Wish some one told me about it long before I found out, would of helped a lot.

First, you need to be ready for this kind of work, insured for it, and be capable of providing the paper work involved and money it takes.

ARP
09-22-2012, 12:10 PM
Thanks jmacd! Unfortunately my state does not have a builders exchange. So I'm stuck trying to figure out the best way to take all the various sources of leads and condense them into 1 to 3 services that I can use to view and manage the leads.

We've been fortunate to be able to run 1 crew on a daily basis for awhile now, but with our additional equipment and resources we have now, I see the opportunity to get 1 to 2 more crews operating on a daily basis. Just need to find the projects.

Has anyone had good luck with the Blue Book project lead service?

AEL
09-22-2012, 01:57 PM
i use merx ( canadian and US public and private projects) different public buyers associations, and biddingo.com (not sure if it is in the states) also i recomend getting in touch with different consulting engineers, and asking them for any tenders they may know of or which GC are being used on there upcoming projects and then contact the GC.