PDA

View Full Version : Most powerful backpack blower as of Sept. 2012?

mattwalter85
09-24-2012, 02:43 PM
Im wonder what's the most poweful backpack blower in production as of right now? Im leaning towards the big Redmax blower but still not 100 percent sure? Any advice is welcome :)

CorpusLawnCare
09-24-2012, 03:14 PM
Yes it still is the most powerful blower on the market that I know of.

mattwalter85
09-24-2012, 10:38 PM
So the Redmax EBZ8500/Husqvarna 580 is/are the most powerful backpack's out right now?

CorpusLawnCare
09-24-2012, 10:42 PM
Don't know nothing about that Husqvarna, but I have had my share of blowers and the Redmax ebz8500 can blow.

JLSLLC
09-24-2012, 10:58 PM
love my ebz8500 redmax

JLSLLC
09-24-2012, 11:00 PM
Don't know nothing about that Husqvarna, but I have had my share of blowers and the Redmax ebz8500 can blow.

Im not sure, but i think redmax and Husqvarna are tied together. I have both blowers and they both got kawi's on them, which is fine with me!!!:waving:

highclimber604
09-29-2012, 06:11 PM
Hands down the STIHL BR600 is the most reliable/efficient/quiet/easy to use. I have 8 of them and Id never buy anything else.

Patriot Services
09-29-2012, 08:05 PM
Numbers on paper don't mean crap. Its about a balance of usable power, weight and quality.
Posted via Mobile Device

TN_mower
09-29-2012, 08:46 PM
Br200 will blow peoples pants off. It will also produce tsunamis if you blow into a pool

mattwalter85
09-29-2012, 10:29 PM
I have a br600 now and want something more powerful.......
Posted via Mobile Device

highclimber604
09-29-2012, 10:32 PM
I have a br600 now and want something more powerful.......
Posted via Mobile Device

good luck with that. might have to find a walk behind to outpower the br600

mattwalter85
09-29-2012, 10:40 PM
Redmax 8500 is more powerful
Posted via Mobile Device

lindenwoodbil2013
09-29-2012, 11:14 PM
What about the 2 stroke or 4 stroke shindaiwas they have higher ccs than the other competition including makita, etc.

THEGOLDPRO
09-29-2012, 11:47 PM
Br600's are weak, the shindaiwa eb802 is twice the blower the br600 is. I own both and hate the br600.

scagrider22
09-30-2012, 12:02 AM
The Br 600 is the weakest blower we have. Our Redmax has way more power.

THEGOLDPRO
09-30-2012, 12:03 AM
Shindaiwa eb802.

DISPLACEMENT 79.2 cc

AIR VOLUME @ NOZZLE 695 CFM

MAX AIR SPEED @ NOZZLE 243 mph

Stihl br600

DISPLACEMENT 64.8 cc

AIR VOLUME @ NOZZLE 712 cfm

MAX AIR SPEED @ NOZZLE 201 mph

The Shindaiwa has a bigger displacement, and alot more air speed from the pipe.

The redmax looks nice, has a ton of cfm.

RedMax EBZ8500RH

Cylinder displacement: 75.6 cc

Air flow in pipe: 907.59 cfm

Air Speed: 206.25 mph

Turf Commando
09-30-2012, 12:22 AM
I'm not one to doubt that there' s more powerful blowers besides the br 600. Most important is what works best for your business.
Posted via Mobile Device

HLM HustlerZ
09-30-2012, 03:38 AM
On paper, the Redmax has more overall blowing power (cc's), but the BR 600 far better designed for balance to weight ratio. You can't beat a Stihl BR 600 Magnum for under 500 bucks.

soloscaperman
09-30-2012, 04:26 AM
LOL I still have the Redmax 8001 when it first came out and it still has the same spark plug and air filter. It seems to get even more powerful. I use it for blowing snow off of decks and walkways as well! hands down the Redmax blower was the best investment in my life! I have a few buds that have the BR600 and laugh at them since they are always having problems.

THEGOLDPRO
09-30-2012, 09:20 AM
I'm not debating that the br600 is light and comfortable to use all day because it clearly is, in the fall time my guys all want to use the br600 because its smooth and light, it also has the little springs on it to help reduce vibration, but the point stands that its half the blower the shindai eb802 is as far as power goes. hell even my 10 year old shindi eb630's blow harder then the br600.

Turf Commando
09-30-2012, 11:38 AM
Someday I may switch to another blower, but I've been using stihl since 2007 . My favorite thing with stihl is design factor (turtle shell) its sleek , comfortable and capable to make some CFM... Also in my location stihl reigns supreme.!
Posted via Mobile Device

mattwalter85
09-30-2012, 11:42 AM
I think im gonna go with the Redmax
Posted via Mobile Device

Darryl G
09-30-2012, 11:47 AM
I have the Husky 580 and I ran it side by side with a BR600 Mag and Echo 770 and it blows them both away. I like that it has a padded hip belt and chest strap that the Redmax don't. It does a great job of blowing large amounts of leaves and even light brush...I didn't even use my wheel blower last season. However, with the factory tube configuration it really doesn't scour stuck stuff very well for such a large and powerfull blower. It comes with a high velocity nozzle (the curved flat kind) but it's pretty much unuseable at any significant throttle...you just can't hold it. Instead I bought an extra intermediate tube and it scours very well with the extra length and blows out drainage ditches too very well too. And I can also literally blow pavement from 30 feet away with it when I'm out on the mowing route. It can get a little tiring...it makes it a pretty big heavy tube, but if you're a big strong landscaper (like me, lol) it's really not an issue. I usually leave the extra tube on and take it off if I want more air flow...the same thing I do with my old Shindaiwa EB630s....but the fit is pretty tight at first. I've comtemplated trying the end tube from the 570 on it...that one tapers at the end whereas the 580 one flares out. For Goldpro's use, blowing large amounts of leaves alongside his Hurricanes, the 580 might be good in the factory configuration. You're welcome to drop in and give mine a try if you want to take a short road trip...PM me if you're interested Gold.

THEGOLDPRO
09-30-2012, 03:43 PM
I didnt even know husky made backpack blowers till right now lol, Sounds like a good blower tho. its identical specs to the Redmax blower.

Husky 580BFS

Cylinder displacement 75.6 cc

Power output 4.3 hp

Air flow in pipe 907.6 cfm

Air speed (round nozzle) 206.2 mph

Darryl G
09-30-2012, 03:57 PM
The Husky is the Redmax 8500 with some modifications...mainly the hip belt/chest strap and the air filter has snaps instead of screws. Diff color of course too. The hip belt makes a big diff when you're burning a tank full at a time. I was just out back on my rear acreage with mine blowing the sticks and wet leaves off my roadway and trails...got a hell of a lot done in a short amount of time.

One thing I will say is that it's freaking loud as hell at WOT (112 decibels at your ears I think) but i'm usually only running it at 75 to 85% on the cruise control and use the throttle trigger as sort of a turbo boost. No probs at all with it in the year I've owned it and I can't believe how clean the air filter stays compared to my Shindys.

Turf Commando
09-30-2012, 11:22 PM
I didnt even know husky made backpack blowers till right now lol, Sounds like a good blower tho. its identical specs to the Redmax blower.

Husky 580BFS

Cylinder displacement 75.6 cc

Power output 4.3 hp

Air flow in pipe 907.6 cfm

Air speed (round nozzle) 206.2 mph
Posted via Mobile Device

Turf Commando
09-30-2012, 11:23 PM
Where you been Gold? You're in the green industry shame on you.
Posted via Mobile Device

Turf Commando
09-30-2012, 11:33 PM
Efco, Solo, also make commercial back-packs just not recognized .
Husquavarna doesn't get enough credit. They have some great chain saws too.
Posted via Mobile Device

Darryl G
10-01-2012, 12:34 AM
Found this demo on You Tube that was recently put up. He could use a little work on his technique but you get the idea. The thing blows! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgCeCOzlqGg

Here's another one that I've put up before...used as a jet pack
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFR4e-Fm45Q

Please post your vids of a Stihl BR600 doing this stuff ;)

THEGOLDPRO
10-01-2012, 10:09 AM
Where you been Gold? You're in the green industry shame on you.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have never even seen a husky dealer near me, let alone a husky blower lol. we are dominated by stihl in my part of ct.

Turf Commando
10-01-2012, 11:41 AM
I understand we also have stihl dealers everywhere. Husquvarna isn't hottest item but they're taking some ground.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ridin' Green
10-01-2012, 02:43 PM
For those who don't know this-
Husky owns Redmax, but Redmax makes Husky's blowers to Husky's design specs. That's why there are certain differences between the two brands.

I've run them all at one time or another. The Husky/RM's are the top of the heap in power. The Shindy 802 is an excellent blower, but for the size of its engine. it doesn't perform as well as it could/should. Plus, the numbers for the Shindy can be confusing and misleading. They have two different nozzles for it, one for higher CFM at lower MPH for moving large piles of stuff, and the other is more narrow so that it provides higher MPH at lower CFM's for getting stuck down crap loose. The numbers GOLDPRO posted are a combination of the best of both tubes, but that's not the way it works, and it's why I said the numbers can be confusing.

See the specs for both nozzles here-
http://www.shindaiwa-usa.com/Products/Blowers/EB802RT.aspx

Last fall I demo'd all of the big BP's on real world debris because the specs don't always tell the whole story. For me the Husky 570 was the best of the bunch. It has high CFM's at high MPH (770 FCM, 236 MPH). The high MPH is very useful for scouring wet leaves and dirt loose, but it has more than enough CFM for anything. I have a BR600M as well, and it is an excellent blower,with lots of power, but I still prefer the Husky.

I chose the 570 over the RM 7500 because the shoulder strap/harness system is a lot better, it has a better system to remove the air box cover, and the handle can be adjusted for pitch. The only thing I don't like about the Husky blowers is the way the tube mounted handle is offset to the side of the tube instead of being directly over the tube's center.

lindenwoodbil2013
04-07-2013, 10:41 PM
I found a dolmar 75.6 cc for 389 shipped.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

Armsden&Son
04-07-2013, 11:30 PM
SHINDY 802!!!!!!!! DUH!!!!!!! But seriously folks, we can go back and forth about factory specs and side by side comparisons...... The max's and stihls and echo's... they all do what they are supposed to and that is blow grass or leaves or debris. The Shindaiwa 802(not the 802rt because that is tube throttle and who the hell uses tube throttle? Hip throttle all the way dummy!) is the most comfortable BP ever! Even with it being a few more pounds than the comp, it is so ridiculously comfortable.... And comfort is a big deal because when doing clean ups and having it on for more than a couple hours at a time, it is very important to be comfortable and be able to keep that thing on all day.....

GRPM LLC.
04-08-2013, 07:30 PM
As soon as my Echo takes a sheeoott, I will be getting the Husky. I remember hearing about them last fall, and not a day later saw a crew roll up on a heavily leaf laden property, and 2 guys with the Husqvarna's blew the entire front and sides of the residential to the curb in no time. Both of those blowers going at the same time sounded like a jet engine. I actually stopped and watched for a bit, I was sold. Not to mention it will go with my newly purchased PZ 54. :D

Exmarkboy13
04-08-2013, 07:36 PM
Hands down the STIHL BR600 is the most reliable/efficient/quiet/easy to use. I have 8 of them and Id never buy anything else.

absolutely true.... :weightlifter::weightlifter:

Exmarkboy13
04-08-2013, 07:37 PM
Shindaiwa eb802.

DISPLACEMENT 79.2 cc

AIR VOLUME @ NOZZLE 695 CFM

MAX AIR SPEED @ NOZZLE 243 mph

Stihl br600

DISPLACEMENT 64.8 cc

AIR VOLUME @ NOZZLE 712 cfm

MAX AIR SPEED @ NOZZLE 201 mph

The Shindaiwa has a bigger displacement, and alot more air speed from the pipe.

The redmax looks nice, has a ton of cfm.

RedMax EBZ8500RH

Cylinder displacement: 75.6 cc

Air flow in pipe: 907.59 cfm

Air Speed: 206.25 mph

lol speed isn't everything. the CFMs keep the heavy debris moving.... BR 600:weightlifter::weightlifter:

32vld
04-08-2013, 09:26 PM
Can not say anything about other brands except to say this spring I bought a BR 600 and have been very happy.

Jaybrown
04-08-2013, 09:30 PM
Stihl. Same mix for all the machines. Great quality. Super nice magnum br 600. I love it. Easy to get fixed anywhere. You never need to tho

J&A Lawn Care
04-08-2013, 10:03 PM
lol speed isn't everything. the CFMs keep the heavy debris moving.... BR 600:weightlifter::weightlifter:

I have a BR600 magnum and a Redmax 8500 in the trailer. The 600 is light and I use it daily to blow off driveways.When fall time comes then the 8500 is what I use.There is ABSOLUTELY NO comparison in what they will move.The 8500 is a MONSTER!

Ridin' Green
04-09-2013, 12:26 AM
SHINDY 802!!!!!!!! DUH!!!!!!! But seriously folks, we can go back and forth about factory specs and side by side comparisons...... The max's and stihls and echo's... they all do what they are supposed to and that is blow grass or leaves or debris. The Shindaiwa 802(not the 802rt because that is tube throttle and who the hell uses tube throttle? Hip throttle all the way dummy!) is the most comfortable BP ever! Even with it being a few more pounds than the comp, it is so ridiculously comfortable.... And comfort is a big deal because when doing clean ups and having it on for more than a couple hours at a time, it is very important to be comfortable and be able to keep that thing on all day.....

That's your opinion, and that's all it is. More and more guys are going to the tube mounted throttle according to all the lawn equipment shops around here (and that's a boatload of them) for good reason. They are far more comfortable to run without that stupid arm sticking out to the left side, and it makes sense to be able to control the air speed with the arm that is actually pointing the tube at the debris.

You can have all the hip mounted versions you want, but you couldn't pay me to take one, and yes, I've run them both.

GrassGuerilla
04-09-2013, 01:39 AM
Can't hold a bg86 in your left hand if you have a hip mount huh? Yes, it will wear you out. Holding a blower in one hand is tougher than it sounds. But when you do, YOU CAN BLOW SOME STUFF! I sort of "stiff arm" the handheld, and "agitate the stuck ones" with the backpack (Kawasaki KRB750).

Kawasaki is apparently getting out of the handheld 2-stroke market. I expect close out pricing soon. Haven't needed much in terms of parts. Very good power. Also sold as Maruyama (at least the backpacks).
Posted via Mobile Device

dave_14385
04-09-2013, 02:43 AM
Hip throttle ...not for me.

Darryl G
04-09-2013, 10:59 AM
Hip vs tube is a matter of preference but you have to be careful not to snag the wires on tube-mounted throttles...not usually a problem with hip mounted.

Ridin' Green
04-09-2013, 12:08 PM
Hip vs tube is a matter of preference but you have to be careful not to snag the wires on tube-mounted throttles...not usually a problem with hip mounted.

I know that is the big claim for a hip throttle, but I have never in all the years I've been doing this snagged a tube mounted throttle wire harness on anything. Not saying it couldn't happen, but you can snag the hip control arm just as easily if you don't pay attention.

smallstripesnc
04-09-2013, 04:53 PM
Redmax EBZ8500. In my opinion.

Armsden&Son
04-09-2013, 05:08 PM
HaHa! After looking back at my post, it seems I was a little aggressive in my statement.... Didn't mean to sound so arrogant and ignorant..... Anyway, I really don't know why I like the hip mount so much... I think it's just the fact that I probably have over 1000 hours on back packs due to the NorthEast spring and fall... It is very important to be working the throttle during cleanups because you are literally using it all day... The less fuel you use the better right? Totally opinion but I just feel more comfortable and in control of the throttle when I am able to have it independent of the tube....

Ridin' Green
04-09-2013, 05:51 PM
HaHa! After looking back at my post, it seems I was a little aggressive in my statement.... Didn't mean to sound so arrogant and ignorant..... Anyway, I really don't know why I like the hip mount so much... I think it's just the fact that I probably have over 1000 hours on back packs due to the NorthEast spring and fall... It is very important to be working the throttle during cleanups because you are literally using it all day... The less fuel you use the better right? Totally opinion but I just feel more comfortable and in control of the throttle when I am able to have it independent of the tube....

I appreciate that. I understand having favorites too. I live in the upper midwest (MI) so I get plenty of time with my BP's. I don't use anything else for leaf clean-ups. Have you run the tube mounted throttles at all? You can adjust the speed as easily, or maybe even more easily than you can with the hip version. It really makes it nice, especially if you are grabbing sticks and/or trash while moving along.

nashlawn01
04-09-2013, 10:19 PM
Can't really vote here. Stihl is all that's available around here. Br600 is what we use. Have good service long life and it will blow a brick up over a curb. What the hell do I need that's more powerful than that. Anything bigger would be stuck and a shovel is the best thing for that LoL. But seriously I read good stuff about redmax. We used to have echo around and I bought 2 backpack blowers. Hate em heavy won't half azz run. Hate em

TFLE
04-09-2013, 11:14 PM
Bought a Stihl BR600... it was an ok blower, back plate broke soon after buying it from hanging it on a trailer. Anyway it eventually blew up. It lived a rough life, I also ran it over.... whoops. Current blower is a Echo PB7000 I think (??) not real sure but it's the biggest Echo makes. I didn't want a Stihl (didn't want the 4mix) so I bought the Echo. Eh, its an ok blower, not great not terrible, gets the job done. I really wanted the big Red Max but I freaking hate my red max dealer and the next closest was a bit of a drive and I was in a bind. If I had it to do over I would have bought the redmax.

Ridin' Green
04-09-2013, 11:48 PM
Bought a Stihl BR600... it was an ok blower, back plate broke soon after buying it from hanging it on a trailer. Anyway it eventually blew up. It lived a rough life, I also ran it over.... whoops. Current blower is a Echo PB7000 I think (??) not real sure but it's the biggest Echo makes. I didn't want a Stihl (didn't want the 4mix) so I bought the Echo. Eh, its an ok blower, not great not terrible, gets the job done. I really wanted the big Red Max but I freaking hate my red max dealer and the next closest was a bit of a drive and I was in a bind. If I had it to do over I would have bought the redmax.

That would be the Echo 770.;)

Give the Hsuky BP's a look see. Same as RM but better harness's by far. Go to their site and do a dealer search. You may have one a lot closer than you know about. Usually so.

Valk
04-10-2013, 01:02 AM
I know with my left-sided hip-throttle on my RM 8001 that I can get some decent shocks from static electricity when the relative humidity is quite low. Didn't I read around here that the RM tube-mounted throttles don't experience this phenomenon? Is there a fix for my situation?

I've said it many times before...but a BP blower pays for itself 2x/year over a handheld blower. Once during the regular season just by saving time, and another time again during leaf season.

joed
04-10-2013, 11:26 PM
I have both the Redmax 8500 and the Stihl BR600. For everyday use, nothing beats the Stihl. It's lightweight, great on fuel, and has good enough power to make short work of grass clippings and wet clumps that get stuck to the pavement/walkways. It works good on leaves too. However, when some serious power is need to push leaves and clean up, the Redmax is the blower of choice. It's heavier and sucks up fuel, but it does move leaves quite well. It's not as good at getting wet clumps off the ground as the Stihl though.

Ridin' Green
04-10-2013, 11:51 PM
I have both the Redmax 8500 and the Stihl BR600. For everyday use, nothing beats the Stihl. It's lightweight, great on fuel, and has good enough power to make short work of grass clippings and wet clumps that get stuck to the pavement/walkways. It works good on leaves too. However, when some serious power is need to push leaves and clean up, the Redmax is the blower of choice. It's heavier and sucks up fuel, but it does move leaves quite well. It's not as good at getting wet clumps off the ground as the Stihl though.

I've said this same thing many times on here. That is the reason I bought the Husky 570 (RM 7500) instead of the 580 which is the same machine as the 8500. I just sold my BR600. It was light, worked great and still like new, but I hated the way it fit me, or I should say, the way it always wanted to come off my shoulders. I don't have that problem with the Husky. It stays put better than any blower I have ever worn. The 570 will clean the stuck down stuff even better than the 600 does, and is so close in ability to move large piles of leaves etc to the 580/8500, that you can't tell any difference in the real world.

Valk
04-11-2013, 12:35 AM
Just for the record: there's a 10cc difference b/tw the Husky 570/65.6cc and 580/75.6cc which equates to ~1/3-1/2 hp as per Husky's-RedMax' specs.

Ridin' Green
04-11-2013, 01:57 AM
Just for the record: there's a 10cc difference b/tw the Husky 570/65.6cc and 580/75.6cc which equates to ~1/3-1/2 hp as per Husky's-RedMax' specs.

Oh, I'm well aware of that. Darryl G never lets me forget it.:D

But........I've ran them both now on wet, heavy leaves, and there's virtually no difference in their ability to move them. The 570 scours a lot better though, and when the leaves or grass clippings are wet, it makes a huge difference, or when trying to move the small sticks and crap that come down during high winds and seem to be woven into the grass.

I don't know if you have checked this video out yet, but take a look. It shows how close they are to each other for blowing power, but it doesn't demonstrate how much better the little (that's just for you Darryl;))570 is at scouring. The 570 is the same as the 7500. The 580 is the same as the 8500.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePqL085xf-g

crazyflyboy30
04-11-2013, 05:42 PM
The 580BTS is what I have now but if come out with a bigger I will be the fist in line.

dave_14385
04-11-2013, 07:36 PM
I know with my left-sided hip-throttle on my RM 8001 that I can get some decent shocks from static electricity when the relative humidity is quite low. Didn't I read around here that the RM tube-mounted throttles don't experience this phenomenon? Is there a fix for my situation?

I've said it many times before...but a BP blower pays for itself 2x/year over a handheld blower. Once during the regular season just by saving time, and another time again during leaf season.

Take some wire and mount it from a engine bolt to a bolt or nut on the plastic tube and you should be ok.

aroddy
04-11-2013, 11:38 PM
I had a guy saying he was the Poulan Plant supervisor come through my store last week looking at some mowers and we got to talking about what was made at the Nashville ar facility and I knew that Husqvarna had bought Redmax a year or two ago and he said the whole Redmax line of handheld equipment is being made there now.... I wonder how much longer the equipment will keep its commercial reputation. It seems like last year that Husqvarna is putting more of its models in red plastic and putting a redmax label on it

Ridin' Green
04-12-2013, 12:29 AM
I had a guy saying he was the Poulan Plant supervisor come through my store last week looking at some mowers and we got to talking about what was made at the Nashville ar facility and I knew that Husqvarna had bought Redmax a year or two ago and he said the whole Redmax line of handheld equipment is being made there now.... I wonder how much longer the equipment will keep its commercial reputation. It seems like last year that Husqvarna is putting more of its models in red plastic and putting a redmax label on it

Husky bought Redmax (Zenoah) back in 2007. As for RM being made in the Poulan plant- BS. It's possible that some of the homeowner line of handhelds are, but not the entire line.

As for Husky putting RM labels on their tools, that's wrong too. Husky owns RM, but RM makes many of the pro grade handhelds like the blowers and some of the trimmers. The blowers are RM's in Husky orange with a few exterior changes that were made different to Husqvarna's specifications lik eht much superior shoulder harness on the Husky's and the different style tube throttles.

http://husqvarnagroup.com/en/about/history/timeline

Valk
04-12-2013, 01:54 AM
Take some wire and mount it from a engine bolt to a bolt or nut on the plastic tube and you should be ok.

Thanks. Should this wire be on the outside or inside of the tube? Should the wire should be insulated or non-insulated?

dave_14385
04-12-2013, 04:16 AM
Thanks. Should this wire be on the outside or inside of the tube? Should the wire should be insulated or non-insulated?

Inside of tube.
Try to use a small flat braded wire with no insulation.
Works well when you install braded wire into the opening of the tubes then just reinstall tubes back together.
You only need about 3 inch inside of the tube.
You can use the tube directly after the bend tube when installing wire into.

Hope that works!

dave_14385
04-12-2013, 04:25 AM
By the way. Where are you getting that shock?

aroddy
04-12-2013, 09:39 AM
Husky bought Redmax (Zenoah) back in 2007. As for RM being made in the Poulan plant- BS. It's possible that some of the homeowner line of handhelds are, but not the entire line.

As for Husky putting RM labels on their tools, that's wrong too. Husky owns RM, but RM makes many of the pro grade handhelds like the blowers and some of the trimmers. The blowers are RM's in Husky orange with a few exterior changes that were made different to Husqvarna's specifications lik eht much superior shoulder harness on the Husky's and the different style tube throttles.

http://husqvarnagroup.com/en/about/history/timeline

Hey I'm just letting everyone know what the guy from the plant told me. I got a couple of friends that work up there that I'm gonna ride with this weekend, So i'll ask and let you know for sure but They guy that came in said it was a recent change....

Valk
04-12-2013, 10:43 AM
By the way. Where are you getting that shock?

Out of the left sided hip throttle arm that has the ignition turn-off button. Learned to not keep my hand on the arm during use.

We had an exceptionally dry/arid Spring/Summer/Fall last year with the drought...and I was getting shocked a lot.

Typically, we have significant humidity...therefore a normal year would have no shocks at all until crisp/cool Fall days in Oct/Nov.

dave_14385
04-12-2013, 04:07 PM
Out of the left sided hip throttle arm that has the ignition turn-off button. Learned to not keep my hand on the arm during use.

We had an exceptionally dry/arid Spring/Summer/Fall last year with the drought...and I was getting shocked a lot.

Typically, we have significant humidity...therefore a normal year would have no shocks at all until crisp/cool Fall days in Oct/Nov.

Hey Valk,
I have not owned a hip throttle, I am sure they are nice, although I am not sure if my remedy will help for the hip throttle.

GrassGuerilla
04-12-2013, 07:43 PM
Hey Valk,
I have not owned a hip throttle, I am sure they are nice, although I am not sure if my remedy will help for the hip throttle.

Should work fine. Ground is ground.
Posted via Mobile Device

Valk
04-13-2013, 12:50 AM
It's worth a try as it sounds fairly simple to rig up. Or, I could just continue wearing a rubber glove on my left hand on those dry/arid days.

crazyflyboy30
04-13-2013, 04:09 AM
This is totally insane.
Some idiot putt my throttle cable install wrong in the handle so was only getting about 1/2 throttle , it had slip to about 1/4 when I knew some thing was wrong .I took the handle a part and putt the cable in the right place now I am getting 100% throttle .The difference between before and now is crazy it is so power full now it stains my arm and it locks up the handle so it will not turn .

I Really Love My 580BTS Now
Who can start there BP Blower on there back ? I can.

Darryl G
04-13-2013, 06:23 PM
This is totally insane.
Some idiot putt my throttle cable install wrong in the handle so was only getting about 1/2 throttle , it had slip to about 1/4 when I knew some thing was wrong .I took the handle a part and putt the cable in the right place now I am getting 100% throttle .The difference between before and now is crazy it is so power full now it stains my arm and it locks up the handle so it will not turn .

I Really Love My 580BTS Now
Who can start there BP Blower on there back ? I can.

Try it with the flat, high velocity nozzle, lol.

weeze
04-13-2013, 06:31 PM
i can't imagine what 908cfm can do. i'd expect it to blow cars around. :laugh:

i'm hoping they come out with a more powerful 4stroke backpack that runs straight gas. if they don't i'll look into the 570bts or 580bts.

my br600 has 201mph and 712cfm.

570 has 236mph and 770cfm
580 has 206mph and 908cfm

i need something about 225mph and 825cfm. it would be the best of both worlds. :laugh:

Valk
04-14-2013, 12:42 PM
The smaller the diameter of the nozzle the higher the mph. The cfm rating is the best indicator of power. I dig my RM8001, but I'm sure it comes up lacking compared to its lil bro 8500.

Patriot Services
04-14-2013, 03:50 PM
I stopped believing manufacturer claims a long time ago. The best way is to strap it on and try it at the dealer. Your arm will tell you if its good or not. Your body will tell you if its something you want to wear for hours at a time. If the dealer won't let you try it, move on. Cfm and MPH figures are about as useful as HP ratings used to be in cars. Bragging numbers and nothing more.
Posted via Mobile Device

weeze
04-14-2013, 04:52 PM
i think darryl was toying with the idea of buying the 570 nozzle and putting it on his 580 to see if it would raise the mph. it would be interesting to know how it worked out.

Darryl G
04-14-2013, 05:17 PM
Yes, I was but it never happened...but there is still time for that and if I do it I'll be sure to report back with my findings.

Ridin' Green
04-14-2013, 08:22 PM
The only difference between the 570 and 580 nozzles is that the 580 has that added flare out to the end which is supposed to help alter/spread the airflow to make use of the high CFM. If you cut one of those nozzles off at the bottom of flare it will perform the same way We checked them at the dealer side by side and that was the only difference we could find. Otherwise, they were dimensionally the same.

Darryl G
04-14-2013, 09:30 PM
Ok...about those nozzles. Maybe I'm just not thinking properly...been working on my taxes...but what would that flare after the taper actually do? On the 570 there is no flare, so the air is free to spread out as much as it wants after it passes the taper, right? I would think that flare would actually contain and direct the air more on the 580 than on the 570. And since the air is passing through the same tapered restriction on both machines, that can't be what's causing the different air speeds. I think it's just because the air speed is being measured at the restriction on the 570 (tip of the tube) rather than out at the end of the flair that the velocitities must be different, or it's something entirely different that's causing them to have different air speeds.

Anybody follow? Likely not...but oh well, lol. Or maybe Green is wrong and they're more different than he reports....hmmmmm.

Ridin' Green
04-15-2013, 12:18 AM
Nope, I follow you alright. What I reported came from both the Husky dealer, and from Husky, but like I told you last summer when we were talking about the nozzles for your blower, I can't find the article from Husky where I read it. It was online though.

So, after saying that, we measured everything and evreything is identical except the flare out.

The air passes through the taper inside the tube end of both mine and yours to concentrate the airstream into a more confined stream, but yours has the flare out that disrupts or (maybe alters is a better term here) the airstream making it spread out more to allow the high CFM's to work over a wider area at a given distance from the nozzle (IIRC it was something like 6'-8'). This is going from memeory here, so I may be off slightly on some of this, but not by much. The dealer said that if you were to cut the flare off, you'd tighten up the air stream somewhat.

Darryl G
04-15-2013, 12:26 AM
The dealer said that if you were to cut the flare off, you'd tighten up the air stream somewhat.

That's the part that isn't making sense to me. I would think that the flare would have the opposite effect. Without the flare, the air is free to disperse as soon as it exits. With the flare it continues to be confined somewhat, so I'd think that would actually concentrate the flow rather than diffuse it.

BTW, what happened to your signature quotes? Were they removed for you or did you take them off?

Ridin' Green
04-15-2013, 12:34 AM
The dealer said that if you were to cut the flare off, you'd tighten up the air stream somewhat.

That's the part that isn't making sense to me. I would think that the flare would have the opposite effect. Without the flare, the air is free to disperse as soon as it exits. With the flare it continues to be confined somewhat, so I'd think that would actually concentrate the flow rather than diffuse it.

BTW, what happened to your signature quotes? Were they removed for you or did you take them off?

I took them off. You had made a remark a while back about it, so i figured it might be bothering you.

I see what you're saying about the flare, but what you aren't taking into consideration is the fact that the tube tapers down inside. Maybe you can't see it as easily on yurs because of the flare, but it does taper quite a bit inside the tube end. The flare disrupts the affect of that taper and causes the air to spread out faster. I'm not sure why exactly. I have my theory and it is that the air is being compressed and even crosses itself to some degree when passing through that atper, and the flare affects that crossing of the air causing it to spread out faster. I asked them if that was why the 580 had the flare and the 570 didn't, but had higher MPH, and that was what they had been told by Husky.

crazyflyboy30
04-15-2013, 11:00 PM
i think darryl was toying with the idea of buying the 570 nozzle and putting it on his 580 to see if it would raise the mph. it would be interesting to know how it worked out.

I was going to get the 570 nozzle before I ever got my 580BTS but after I got the blower I see no need in it and that was before I was getting full power .Has of now it will blow off wet grass that has been run over by car. Do not see what good it would be .

joed
04-16-2013, 07:41 AM
One thing I noticed about my Redmax 8500 is that the tubes are quite soft. The tubes on my Echo 770 are more rigid. I don't know if that effects the air coming out of the pipe but I don't find the Redmax to be much more powerful, in real world applications, than the Echo.
Posted via Mobile Device

Darryl G
04-16-2013, 09:40 AM
One thing I noticed about my Redmax 8500 is that the tubes are quite soft. The tubes on my Echo 770 are more rigid. I don't know if that effects the air coming out of the pipe but I don't find the Redmax to be much more powerful, in real world applications, than the Echo.
Posted via Mobile Device
I ran my Husqvarna 580 (sister of the 8500) next to a 770 and the difference was apparent when doing things like blowing leaves into the brush and woods surrounding the property, but I agree that for most real world applications there isn't much difference...the Echo blows pretty damn hard.

lazer 46
04-18-2013, 10:39 PM
I just bought me a new EBZ8500 to replace a EBZ8000 that I had for 10 years. Somebody wanted my 8000 and I gladly sold it. Not a thing wrong with it and it was a great blower. I got the tube throttle this time. Love it. I also have a Stihl Br600. Great blower and I use it all summer for sidewalks and driveways. It does not have the power of the 8500 which I use for spring and fall cleanups.