PDA

View Full Version : Wet Saw

swampdonk
09-24-2012, 04:18 PM
I'll be purchasing a new wet saw rather quickly and was fishing for some comments.

With the cutting I am doing I'm going with a 20" electric. Husqavarna has a husqvarna guardmatic ms510 that looks nice. From what I can tell, it's the line from Target. What other saws would you recommend (clipper, MK, etc.). I want the ability to cut completely through a 6" block with out flipping it over. I have a MK for pavers so this one would be strictly for blocks and steps. Please give me your thoughts. Thanks a bunch!

DVS Hardscaper
09-24-2012, 06:16 PM
EDCO. Concrete cutting equipment is their speciality. They dont make drills and circular saws. only concrete cutting equipment.

xtreem3d
09-24-2012, 09:49 PM
Edco,MK, Contrax,Imer, Multiquip
Depending on what brand you choose...this site has been the cheapest I have found for what I like http://www.masterwholesale.com/index/Masonry-Saws.html
Steve

saw'doffcrew
09-24-2012, 11:17 PM
why don't you just quit complaining and flip the block over. You might as well buy a really heavy saw and carry it on your back. Just roll it up in your little debbie hardscape trailer. lol

swampdonk
09-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the info thus far. Has anyone used a 20" saw and how do you like it. I realize transport is an issue, but that aside what are your thoughts. Also, can't find a decent web site that sells the 20" edco. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks alot

xtreem3d
09-27-2012, 06:38 AM
Thanks for the info thus far. Has anyone used a 20" saw and how do you like it. I realize transport is an issue, but that aside what are your thoughts. Also, can't find a decent web site that sells the 20" edco. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks alot

When I was researching saws..this was one of the best prices I found for the Edco 20" http://www.gordysequipment.com/equipment/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=56
Steve

DVS Hardscaper
09-27-2012, 08:05 AM
Call your local rental company. Most rental companies sell EDCO equipment. EDCO caters to the rental companies.
Posted via Mobile Device

swampdonk
09-27-2012, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the input. I will be giving the sales rep in my area a call tomorrow. All fingers point to edco. Is there saw that much better than the others? What makes their saw so popular. Is it it's durability, precision????? Just want to make a educated buy here. Money is not the issue. Just want a quality piece of equipment because I plan on owning it for a long time. I will not buy junk to save money. Thanks again. Keep it coming!!!!

xtreem3d
09-27-2012, 10:14 PM
I know a couple block companies here use the 20" Edco to cut customers blocks. I am partial to MK because i have one (14) and like it so I probably would buy their 20-24". little off topic but are you concerned about a 20" saw throwing breakers ? ( thought you said you wanted electric)
Steve

DVS Hardscaper
09-27-2012, 10:16 PM
EDCO's 20" is a gas saw (i believe, 95$ certain).

xtreem3d
09-27-2012, 10:19 PM
This one is electric http://www.gordysequipment.com/equipment/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=498&idcategory=56

xtreem3d
09-27-2012, 10:24 PM
After I enlarged the picture I realize it's a nice looking piece.. probably not a deal breaker to the OP but it doesn't have any fork pockets like these
http://www.masterwholesale.com/mwistore/display.php?RecordID=1048367766

swampdonk
09-27-2012, 10:54 PM
They have a 20" gas power and electic. The electric is either 5 hp single phase (which is what I would get), or 7 hp 3 phase. Not concerned about tripping breakers. Just want a saw that cuts true and will last. I realize that a lot of my jobs I won't need it much, but we do a lot of curved free standing walls out of anchor highland stone. I'm tired of flipping the block over and not getting that nice clean cut. Most of the competition will have gaps in the joints or rough looking cuts. I won't do this. I want to set my work apart from that. So I don't mind spending the money on good equipment. It will pay for itself. I just want to spend the money once and get a good quality saw.