PDA

View Full Version : anyone have a dumpster at their yard ?

lazor-cut
09-24-2012, 07:55 PM
Does anyone keep a container or dumpster at their yard? I obviously don't have one but I've been recently thinking about it... With all of the landscape jobs we do and bringing bags of stuff back to the shop kinda sucks. We then usually have to take it to the compost too..

Trying to see what others do interns of this... Also price wise?? Is it cost affective

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING
09-24-2012, 08:23 PM
I started leaving one of our switch and go containers at our shop for garbage and construction debris. Here is the problem,
Everyone decided that they would take use of it. So here is my suggestion.... If you get one make sure you lock it up!

Duekster
09-24-2012, 08:52 PM
Had one but no longer. The land lord went with a community unit.

agrostis
09-24-2012, 08:55 PM
I started leaving one of our switch and go containers at our shop for garbage and construction debris. Here is the problem,
Everyone decided that they would take use of it. So here is my suggestion.... If you get one make sure you lock it up!

Exactly, you have to control access to a dumpster, people will take advantage of one. And those thing's aren't cheap.

TenderCareLawnService
09-24-2012, 09:20 PM
I just recently went through this exact debate. I priced out a few. 2 yd and 4 yd dumpsters. They explained it to me like this. A 2 yd dumpsters is equal to 4 of your regular trash cans. The 4 yd dumpsters is equal to 8 regular trash cans. After pricing all of these items out I actually found out that our city provided a local dump site. Now as long as you provide a drivers license you can dump there. This site ended up being very close to my shop so it worked out. I don't know about your area but a 2 yd dumpster may run around $50-75 and a 4 yd $75-100+ a month. I hope this helps.

JLSLLC
09-24-2012, 10:32 PM
I bought a stakebody dump and that serves me as my dumpster for now lol