PDA

View Full Version : Wright Walk behind opinions

deere615
09-25-2012, 10:56 PM
Who has a wright walk behind? I am partial to Wright standers and might add a 36 or 48 walk behind. I am looking at a hydro mower, Mainly how they do on hills? And any other opinions on them I have never used them but really like the quality of the standers.

joef450snowplow
09-26-2012, 12:27 AM
I have a 36 walk behind belt drive i love it , pistol grips and controls are up higher then scags witch is a plus if ur a tall guy like me , never had a problem with it still going strong

deere615
09-26-2012, 08:09 PM
I have a 36 walk behind belt drive i love it , pistol grips and controls are up higher then scags witch is a plus if ur a tall guy like me , never had a problem with it still going strong

Ok sounds good thanks!

PTP
09-26-2012, 10:14 PM
That's funny. I have a 32" walk behind with the belt drive and I hate it. It mostly stays in the shop and only gets taken out under extreme circumstances.

Give me a T-bar control any day. It works great on those really tight gates though.

I expect that the Hydro mower would be completely different though.

Why would you even think about getting a walk behind if you have experience with standers?
Posted via Mobile Device

Church2224
09-26-2012, 10:37 PM
That's funny. I have a 32" walk behind with the belt drive and I hate it. It mostly stays in the shop and only gets taken out under extreme circumstances.

Give me a T-bar control any day. It works great on those really tight gates though.

Why would you even think about getting a walk behind if you have experience with standers?
Posted via Mobile Device

Walk behinds are better for smaller yards and are lighter than standers. One LCO where I live uses nothing but his 50+ walk behinds and finds them the most productive for what he does.

Wright makes a good walk behind, plus the hydros look like they are more comfortable than the pistol grips on the gear drive models. Although I would also suggest looking into some floating deck mowers from Toro, Exmark, and Gravely if you can look find them, much easier to adjust the deck than the fixed deck Wrights.

deere615
09-27-2012, 09:58 PM

Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah I would want hydro and because while the standers are great I could still use a walk behind for hills and gates
Walk behinds are better for smaller yards and are lighter than standers. One LCO where I live uses nothing but his 50+ walk behinds and finds them the most productive for what he does.

Wright makes a good walk behind, plus the hydros look like they are more comfortable than the pistol grips on the gear drive models. Although I would also suggest looking into some floating deck mowers from Toro, Exmark, and Gravely if you can look find them, much easier to adjust the deck than the fixed deck Wrights.

Yeah thats another thing I was concerned about while I dont change deck hieght to often and it would be less with the walk behind I still do occasionally. How hard is it? what has to be done?

Church2224
09-27-2012, 10:04 PM
Yeah I would want hydro and because while the standers are great I could still use a walk behind for hills and gates

Yeah thats another thing I was concerned about while I dont change deck hieght to often and it would be less with the walk behind I still do occasionally. How hard is it? what has to be done?

It usually takes about 5-10 minutes depending on how well you can do it. There are two of which I know how to do it, could be more.

1. Moving the spacers underneath the deck that position the blade to where it is.

2. Changing the casters of the front wheels.

McG_Landscaping
09-27-2012, 10:13 PM
are you sure you dont want to buy my cub? haha

deere615
10-01-2012, 09:01 PM
It usually takes about 5-10 minutes depending on how well you can do it. There are two of which I know how to do it, could be more.

1. Moving the spacers underneath the deck that position the blade to where it is.

2. Changing the casters of the front wheels.
ok thanks!
are you sure you dont want to buy my cub? haha

hahaI dunno maybe is it a hydro?

McG_Landscaping
10-01-2012, 11:12 PM
ok thanks!

hahaI dunno maybe is it a hydro?
That it is!
Posted via Mobile Device

kawasaki guy
10-02-2012, 08:19 AM
That it is!