PDA

View Full Version : Rainbird's new rotor

EarthWorks
08-17-2000, 11:18 PM
Has anyone used Rainbird's new 5000 series rotor sprinkler heads. Think they came out last winter. These are modeled after Hunter's PGP. Went to a Rainbird presentation today. Got some free sample heads. Being a curious one I came home and changed out a few pgp's in my yard and tested them. I was fairly impressed. Seems like they have more even distribution. It got dark on me before I could really make up my mind about them. Just thought I would throw this out to see if anyone had any good or bad experience with them.

Hardy Enterprises
08-22-2000, 01:10 PM
Hey Earthworks I installed a few of the 5000 rotors a couple weeks ago. Over all I was pleased with them except for one thing. They come with that nozzle tree that has all those different nozzle that can be changed, but once you insert a nozzle in the head you can't get it back out without tearing it up. I called Rain Bird tech support and asked them how to get the nozzle out because I figured there was a trick to make pop out. Well there reply was "that's a good question" the best answer he could good give me was to put a screwdriver in the spray orfice and pry it out. He said he would pass the problem on to engineering.

Jay
Hardy Enterprises