PDA

View Full Version : Is the Super Z for me??

luckylawnboy
01-20-2003, 01:44 AM
I am in the market for another mower this spring. I have Dixie Chopper Flatlanders now and for the most part like them pretty well. I am very curious as to how the Super Z mowers perform?? Is it a problem running double blades on a super z. Do they have enough power to mow at speed with doubles. Is there a OCDC for these machines?? I wanted some feed back from people who use them now. I am really concerned as to how well they stripe as well. My choices are either the XT 3000-60, XT2800-60, or the Super Z-60. I just do not want an under powered machine. I like to run doubles and mow fast. Having enough power really is important to me. If any one has pictures of some lawns striped using a hustler Z please post them.

Hustler
01-20-2003, 09:28 AM
I can help you with a couple of your questions. Others, we'll wait to see what LawnSite people have to say.

The 27-hp Kohler is coming in March.

As to an OCDC. Qwikchute is manufactured by one of our dealers in Florida. It is a pretty slick device and works well on the Hustlers. Call Lou Zoerbe at 407-944-9878

P&J Lawncare
01-20-2003, 05:37 PM
I run my super z with doubles and I haven't had any problems yet, the power is great and it maintains it's speed very well. I would buy the kohler 27 because the kawasaki is very sensitive to dust and dirt (changed fuel filter 3 times and the air cleaner 4 times). The super z lays excellent lines and the quality of cut is excellent, I can't think of a reason not to buy one of these mowers. My super z is almost twice as productive as my scag turf tiger and it definately has a better cut.

grassdaddy
01-20-2003, 07:49 PM
Is that 27kohler an air-cool??will it be avail. in the z or just super-z?Is that the only new engine coming out?we at least got a pict of the new w/b.can i wait till march??:o

mowerconsultant
01-20-2003, 08:21 PM
The Kohler 27 we are going to use is a air cooled engine.
It will only be on the Super Z.
There will also be a 28 Kohler EFI air cooled engine, again only on the Super Z
As soon as they are available everyone here will know first !!

Later
Pj

excel25
01-21-2003, 06:00 AM
This is with a super-z, I use dbl. from time to time with no problem. speed is great!! You won't be sorry if you get one.

65hoss
01-21-2003, 10:57 AM
DEMO!!! The only way for you to know is demo the machine on YOUR properties. This is very important, just riding in a parking lot tells you nothing.

How a Hustler cuts? I can't tell you. How it is built? Very strong and High quality.

Did I mention DEMO?

dannyc33
01-21-2003, 11:56 AM
how much does the OCDC cost?

Artman
01-21-2003, 05:14 PM
We just sent out a Product Bulletin alerting all dealers that the 27-hp Kohler air-cooled engine will be available in April of 2003 on the Hustler Z and Super Z.

The Kohler EFI has been delayed and a date has not been set as to availability.

I do not recall the price on the Qwikchute but you can contact them at 407-944-9878.

John Gamba
01-21-2003, 05:44 PM
Artman
Can you post a Pic Of the Qwikchute?

Johnny G.

mowerconsultant
01-21-2003, 10:02 PM
Here is a pic of the unit.......
Hustler does not sell these units, they are sold by a group of dealers that is increasing daily.
I have several of my dealers selling and stocking the unit.
It will fit the Hustler and Exmark with no holes drilled, it bolts into current holes.
E-mail me for your closest dealer, or dealer suggestions....

http://www.qwikchute.com/DSC01425.JPG

mowerconsultant
01-21-2003, 10:03 PM
Also,
Here is there website......
www.qwikchute.com

Later
Pj

John Gamba
01-22-2003, 06:48 AM
Pj Just Seen It thank You
John
Why exmark?

PaulJ
01-23-2003, 05:32 PM
What about an OCDC for the walkbehind?
Does this ocmpany or anybody make one for the Hustler?
Or anyother brands that could be addapted?

Ps: I'm still waiting to here if the dual exhaust on the walkbehinds will be CHROME:D

mowerconsultant
01-23-2003, 08:25 PM
I am not sure if this unit will fit the WB, I will check and see......
I am not aware of another brand or type that would work.....

Later
Pj