PDA

View Full Version : Flier and postcard I'm using

grandview (2006)
09-28-2012, 08:42 PM
Had a flier made up for aeration season. Then had a postcard made too. Stapled to the flier and putting them out. Has the price on there so they know how much without calling. So they can call or just mail in the postcard with there info on it.I do have a pix behind the postcard but I scanned them together.

newguy123
09-28-2012, 10:16 PM
Had a flier made up for aeration season. Then had a postcard made too. Stapled to the flier and putting them out. Has the price on there so they know how much without calling. So they can call or just mail in the postcard with there info on it.I do have a pix behind the postcard but I scanned them together.

I like it! Especially after you ink in your price. I thought about doing something similar to this with lawn mowing prices and even snow removal. I think potential customers want to know the price first and by giving them that information could potentially make it an easier sale.

Rick13
09-29-2012, 12:38 AM
Grandview....you have a very nice flier!!! Its great for running through neighborhood and handing out prices!!!

I have a question after looking over your flier:

You charge "taxes" on a Service (aeration)? I didn't know you could tax a customer on a labor service?

Do you include the tax in their estimate price?

Your flier shows "plus tax"....or should you change your flier to say, "tax included"?

So it might be $100.00 tax included...instead off $100.00 plus tax. Just a thought.

grandview (2006)
09-29-2012, 06:06 AM
Grandview....you have a very nice flier!!! Its great for running through neighborhood and handing out prices!!!

I have a question after looking over your flier:

You charge "taxes" on a Service (aeration)? I didn't know you could tax a customer on a labor service?

Do you include the tax in their estimate price?

Your flier shows "plus tax"....or should you change your flier to say, "tax included"?

So it might be $100.00 tax included...instead off $100.00 plus tax. Just a thought.

this is NY ,tax everything! Your suppose to have the price plus tax .

C Jovingo Landscaping
09-29-2012, 06:44 AM
I Inked mowing price on my door hangers when I started. It was a rough estimate/ base price (NO bagging clippings). I would not snoop around the back, just try to estimate from what I could see from the front. When I'd get a call I'd tell them that the price was rough estimate & I usually was accurate. After seeing backyard (obsticles & size) I'd let them know if it was more, but first mow price was what I put on door hanger. If they want clippings bagged it was also additional fee. If I estimate i can mow whole lawn without dumping mower basket I usually don't charge extra. I estimate how many times i will need to empty basket (big Toro Proline basket) & charge $5 per trip to truck. If i get 3 baskets of clippings, that is 2 trips to the truck to empty while mowing so charge $10 extra to bag clippings.
Posted via Mobile Device

xtreem3d
09-29-2012, 07:19 AM
I am guessing that means you have to see (be there) at every home your bidding ? Would it be easier to have a sq ft price and have them printed in advance ?...I thought about doing it that way..I'm not Warren Buffet but I still think my work time is too valuble .
Either way Good Luck

RigglePLC
09-29-2012, 10:41 AM
It is good, but now you are competing by price. I think you would be better off using one of the full color professional brochures. I am thinking Turfco has a good one. They just print your name on the brochure. Or one of these.
https://www.google.com/search?q=lawn+aeration+brochures&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=cCz&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=AQRnUNC-Bq78yAHr84DABA&ved=0CDkQsAQ&biw=1680&bih=934

Instead of a price, I would offer a discount or an end of season sale. Some kind of special sale. My wife always tries to buy stuff on sale--even if we don't need it. Or include a special incentive, 50 percent off on overseed, upgrade to premium seed if you call this week, free double pass if you call by Saturday, free organic fertilizer (3 lbs of Milorganite), 50 percent off organic topdressing (6 lbs Milorganite). Free tulip bulbs or crocus. Don't reduce your price--sweeten the deal.

grandview (2006)
09-29-2012, 01:42 PM
I use Google map .I look at the overheard shot of the subdivision and figure out an average price for a lawn and fill them out at home ,corner lots I have them with a higher price. Then I shoot out and .Did about 700 in about 2 hours.

xtreem3d
09-29-2012, 05:09 PM
I use Google map .I look at the overheard shot of the subdivision and figure out an average price for a lawn and fill them out at home ,corner lots I have them with a higher price. Then I shoot out and .Did about 700 in about 2 hours.

Sounds great !! Where do you have to put them? (does NY have any crazy laws about what can go where?....that tax thing on labor is crazy enough..hehe )It must be sort of easy in order to do 700 in 2 hours.
Steve

grandview (2006)
09-29-2012, 06:28 PM
Sounds great !! Where do you have to put them? (does NY have any crazy laws about what can go where?....that tax thing on labor is crazy enough..hehe )It must be sort of easy in order to do 700 in 2 hours.
Steve

I slam them right on the mailbox. Mailmen around here don't care.

TN_mower
09-29-2012, 07:15 PM
by slamming on mailbox do you mean taping them to mailbox? I need some advice on handing out Postcards/Flyers, i plan on just putting them in the slot below the mailbox but need more advice on where to put it if it doesnt have a newspaper holder. Thanks!

grandview (2006)
09-29-2012, 07:37 PM
Between the flag and box or underneath ,even stick it in the post anywhere it will stay.

TN_mower
09-29-2012, 08:09 PM
Same things i would probably do, Thanks for advice!

mikesturf
09-30-2012, 08:30 AM
In Illinois its illegal to put ANYTHING in or on a mailbox. I'm sure its illegal nation wide (federal). Some mailmen will remove them and throw them out. You may get a phone call telling you to stop.

I love Riggle's link. I use a similar photo on my fliers. You need to explain more WHY people should have their lawn aerated. Many know they should, but you need to get them to call you NOW. I don't like the idea of post card. My flyer tells them to call me now. Having the customer fill out a post card, them stamp it, then mail it takes too much time and you will have people not following through.

grandview (2006)
09-30-2012, 02:06 PM
In Illinois its illegal to put ANYTHING in or on a mailbox. I'm sure its illegal nation wide (federal). Some mailmen will remove them and throw them out. You may get a phone call telling you to stop.

I love Riggle's link. I use a similar photo on my fliers. You need to explain more WHY people should have their lawn aerated. Many know they should, but you need to get them to call you NOW. I don't like the idea of post card. My flyer tells them to call me now. Having the customer fill out a post card, them stamp it, then mail it takes too much time and you will have people not following through.

Don't care what the mailman does. If he wants to take them fine,never had a problem. I do have my number on the flier ,the postcards do work .When I did years ago for lawn cutting I was getting then back a year later. Seem to work ,had 2 calls even before I got home . Plus have a few calls over the last 2 days for more info. Even got calls for snowplowing.

grandview (2006)
10-01-2012, 09:23 PM
Picked up a few more phone calls from the fliers .So people are looking and reading. More importantly ,calling for service.

mikesturf
10-02-2012, 10:28 PM
Don't care what the mailman does. If he wants to take them fine,never had a problem. I do have my number on the flier ,the postcards do work .When I did years ago for lawn cutting I was getting then back a year later. Seem to work ,had 2 calls even before I got home . Plus have a few calls over the last 2 days for more info. Even got calls for snowplowing.

I'm sure they work. Everyone needs their lawns renovated after this summer. Riggle and I are just trying to help you get even more business. I see other flyers from other companies and I try and look at them for pros and cons. Sometimes I take ideas from theirs and change mine. Always seek to improve.

grandview (2006)
10-03-2012, 04:48 AM
The thing with fliers is, you can't have to much on it .You have about 3 steps before they decide to really look at it or crumple it up and throw it out. That's why I have a pix on my flier as I said ,it under the postcard.

MowingIL
12-02-2012, 09:05 PM
did you make the flier and postcards yourself? did you hand them out yourself to the customer personally or just put them in the door?

grandview (2006)
12-02-2012, 10:34 PM
Made up the flier and postcard design and had a printer run the copies for me. Just put them up at the mailbox. Worked out good and will do it again in the spring.

MowingIL
12-02-2012, 10:57 PM
Made up the flier and postcard design and had a printer run the copies for me. Just put them up at the mailbox. Worked out good and will do it again in the spring. I tried printing out my own postcards and I just felt they were cheap. that's a good idea though giving a quote on the spot. I also feel when you yourself pass them out it is also cheap. just my 2 cents. defiantly beats the price of professional postcards and direct mailing though. you put them on the mailbox with a rubberband?
Posted via Mobile Device

grandview (2006)
12-03-2012, 06:15 PM
Just stick them in between the flag,paper box,crack in the post.

RandRlawns
12-03-2012, 07:39 PM
I'm doing the exact same thing for winter cleanups and pansies planted. I hope to sell some service now and hopefully get long term customers for next season. I'm a teacher and this is my part time gig. (Texas-it's still pretty warm here). It is illegal to touch mailboxes so I was planning on putting my postcards on the front door w a small piece of tape. What you think? Any advice?
Posted via Mobile Device

RigglePLC
12-03-2012, 07:51 PM
To get more attention...you can try various methods to make your firm stand out, and to convince the customer to keep your info around for a few days, (at least not discard it immediately). What about a gardening calender--even better--with best planting and pruning dates for your city? Add a plastic bag with a half ounce of seed. Add a tulip or hyacinth bulb. Better still, gladiola with planting instructions, because then they have to keep both around till next spring.

What about a 13 month calender? Starts in December so you can put it up right away...14 month is even better. Include gardening advice for your climate, (best local planting dates for flowers, tomatoes, and grass seed). If you can, include a coupon for something. A free daffidill bulb at a garden store or department. If you do it right--the store will give away the bulb, because they know, once the customer is inside the store she will usually buy lots more. They appreciate the increased store customer traffic.
Perhaps a coupon for a free blade sharpening. Mower shop benefits from increased traffic during a slow time for them.

RandRlawns
12-03-2012, 09:24 PM
Now you're talking! Very cool ideas. I was thinking of a small newsletter w similar into but a calendar would have the staying power. Now I have some homework...
Posted via Mobile Device