PDA

View Full Version : Where do you buy seed?

Kkane97
09-30-2012, 10:32 AM
I was wondering where you guys buy your seed for overseeding, do you just go to HD and get the 25 lb scotts bags, or get lesco seed elsewhere? How much do you normally pay for a 20-25lb bag?

Just trying to find the cheapest place to get my seed for this fall

White Gardens
09-30-2012, 10:49 AM
I was wondering where you guys buy your seed for overseeding, do you just go to HD and get the 25 lb scotts bags, or get lesco seed elsewhere? How much do you normally pay for a 20-25lb bag?

Just trying to find the cheapest place to get my seed for this fall

Your just about too late for fall seedings.

We go to a local FS store (Farmer Supply). They have a turf division where they do full apps on lawns, aerate and the such. They also sell fert and herbicide to other LCO's.

They've developed some local blends of seed for guys, so I get my seed from them knowing that the blends they sell are optimal for our area.

In a pinch, I might go to Lesco (John Deere Landscapes) to get seed.

Kkane97
09-30-2012, 10:53 AM
Im not doing any people lawns with it sorry for the confusion I have a few bare spot in my lawn that need touching up... thanks for the info
Posted via Mobile Device

greenstar lawn
09-30-2012, 11:05 AM
Too expensive at big box store. I go to the elevator which sells grain, fert, salt, seed, etc. and get the seed there. 50# of sun shade mix for $60.
Posted via Mobile Device

TriCountyLawn
09-30-2012, 11:13 AM
I also hit the local elevator, I also get all my dog food and bird food there. Nice supporting local as well.

RigglePLC
09-30-2012, 06:12 PM
Cheap seed is unwise. Get the good stuff. Avoid weeds, poa annua, annual rye, outdated seed and disease prone varieties.