PDA

View Full Version : What causes rand dead rings of grass?

RLS 2010
10-01-2012, 11:16 AM
Anyone have any ideas what would cause random dead rings of grass like in the attached picture? This is in one of the lawns I mow, I haven't seen anything like it before. Also any idea what would cause a dead ring of grass about 15 out from an oak tree?

Dave does lawns
10-01-2012, 11:18 AM
Beginning of fairy ring?

R & R Yard Designs
10-01-2012, 01:36 PM
NRS That looks to be
Posted via Mobile Device

grandview (2006)
10-01-2012, 06:43 PM
Fairy rings.

RigglePLC
10-01-2012, 07:23 PM
Notice the more intense and sharper border on the opposite side of the ring. More diffuse on the near part of the circle. I suspect that someone was standing on the opposite side and tried to kill a weed in the center. Is that a clump of Bermuda in the center? Can you find a dead weed in the center. Maybe they were using a hollow cone nozzle.

Do you have big dogs in Leonardtown? Is there any sign of intensified green?

RLS 2010
10-02-2012, 09:59 AM
Notice the more intense and sharper border on the opposite side of the ring. More diffuse on the near part of the circle. I suspect that someone was standing on the opposite side and tried to kill a weed in the center. Is that a clump of Bermuda in the center? Can you find a dead weed in the center. Maybe they were using a hollow cone nozzle.

Do you have big dogs in Leonardtown? Is there any sign of intensified green?

I'll have to check the center of the rings when I return Saturday. The customer did recently have a falling out with her Fert & Squirt company and was at one point spring dandelions as she saw them, so this is a very viable option. I'll try to get some better pictures too.