PDA

View Full Version : Viola/Pansy color combination

muddywater
10-02-2012, 08:12 PM
What colors do you use to really make your annual beds pop? I have done true blue and yellow the last couple years. Hard to beat that contrast, but I am trying to think of a better color combo to be a little different.

KrayzKajun
10-02-2012, 08:16 PM
I like the blue / yellow combo. I just did a purple/yellow combo with mums at a high school. Definitly eye catching.
Posted via Mobile Device

larryinalabama
10-02-2012, 08:39 PM
Pansys come in so many different colors
They all look good. One thing you can do is plant some tulip bulbs while you plant the pansys and in spring it will be a real showcase.

muddywater
10-02-2012, 10:06 PM
Pansys come in so many different colors
They all look good. One thing you can do is plant some tulip bulbs while you plant the pansys and in spring it will be a real showcase.

I have ordered 200 bulbs to test. In our southern climate i think they have to be chilled first to get a good bloom.

I am going to try some snapdragons in the last row of the beds.

I dont agree that all colors look good. If you go dark purple or dark red, the flowers almost disappear bc they are such dark colors. Even when you layer whitr then purple, the purple is still dark. Hard to tell if is mulch or flowers. I have one property i am going to try "lavender shades" and hopefully it wont be too dark.

muddywater
10-02-2012, 10:09 PM
I like the blue / yellow combo. I just did a purple/yellow combo with mums at a high school. Definitly eye catching.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah i like blue yellow too, but too many people do it and it bores me now. I am going to do bright orange, then true blue, then true yellow, then snap dragons in back drop.

Unless i hear of a better combo!

The reds and violets are just too dark.