PDA

View Full Version : Eow

williams lcm
10-02-2012, 09:00 PM
EOW(End of weekly) OR (every other week). I will be starting the eow schedule the 2nd week of November in order to have off for the holiday weeks. I want Thanksgiving week and Christmas off. Anyone just splitting up the schedule to do half one week and the other half the following? You guys pay your help the same amount or half pay? Thanks

Ric
10-02-2012, 10:47 PM
EOW(End of weekly) OR (every other week). I will be starting the eow schedule the 2nd week of November in order to have off for the holiday weeks. I want Thanksgiving week and Christmas off. Anyone just splitting up the schedule to do half one week and the other half the following? You guys pay your help the same amount or half pay? Thanks

Back when I cut grass I set up my EOW Schedule to cut right before Thanksgiving and X mas so my customer had fresh landscape for the Holidays. You can not split your route and do that. Besides I always did more Landscape install in the winter and need more man power for those installs. I never split my mowing routes.

GrassmasterB
10-03-2012, 03:23 AM
Back when I cut grass I set up my EOW Schedule to cut right before Thanksgiving and X mas so my customer had fresh landscape for the Holidays.

. same here. i always work these 2 weeks. my customers like their yards to look there best when they have family coming over for the holidays. especially if they still have trees shedding.

Florida Gardener
10-03-2012, 08:54 AM
I pretty much do the same. Don't really care about having the week of either holiday off as we get the individual days and 90% of my accounts are weekly all winter anyways.
Posted via Mobile Device

billslawn89
10-03-2012, 07:27 PM
I'm with Ric. I make sure the clients property looks cleaned up for the holidays.

DMlandscaping
10-07-2012, 12:12 PM
There's also a little extra money to made around the holidays. A lot of people don't mind paying a small one time fee to spend a little longer on their place to really "doll it up" before a holiday. Of course you have juggle your schedule a bit that week, but offer the extra service on a first come first served basis. You can't do ALL of your clients the day or two before a holiday, but fortunately they ALL won't want it. Usually, you'll end up working longer than normal hours for those couple of days, but it's worth it. So I guess instead of having time off around the holidays, I'll plan to work overtime.

Patriot Services
10-09-2012, 12:53 PM
Shoot, EOW still feels months away.:usflag:

BCL Services
10-09-2012, 05:33 PM
Shoot, EOW still feels months away.:usflag:

No only about 2 weeks or so. :waving:

Ric
10-09-2012, 06:26 PM
No only about 2 weeks or so. :waving:

Yep Remember Day light is getting shorter as we head into winter. Day light plays a big part in plant growth. Shorter days are signaling the Plants to slow down.

Patriot Services
10-12-2012, 04:54 PM
Still hot, but a lot drier. We tool less than a quater inch of growth off the grass. Everything else still seems to be growing at a good clip.
Posted via Mobile Device

jbannick18
10-12-2012, 11:36 PM
I make my schedule so that I have the week off for thanksgiving and Christmas. Nothing grows fast enough in a week during the winter to ever look bad for the holidays. Rather spend that week with family and friends. Hasn't been an issue for me in 5 or so years.
Posted via Mobile Device