PDA

View Full Version : atv brush mower

FootHills Landscape
10-02-2012, 10:32 PM
does anyone use a pull behind atv brush mower? how do they work? what model do you use? performance in wet thick grass? tall weeds? what is your take on these mowers?

I have an atv and want to put it to more use than just plowing and dont want to keep wasting blades on Walkers mowing fields. thanks

TuffWork
10-07-2012, 12:02 AM
I looked into this idea for a while as well, but didn't really find that it seemed very worth while. If it's hot outside it will be hard for an atv to move at slow enough of a pace for an extended period of time. Even if it has a radiator with an electric fan.

My solution was to buy an old tractor mower like the ones they sell at Lowe's. It's an MTD 46" with an 18 horse motor. Runs like a champ, and didn't look that bad after I gave it a flat black paint job. I spent a little more than $300. Just my two cents. If you do go that route let me know what you thought.

FootHills Landscape
10-07-2012, 02:23 PM
Thanks Tuffwork. I found a tow behind for 150 bucks that just needs a new tire so i will pick it up and ill be sure to let you know how it goes. Thanks