PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Lighting Ideas

clayslandscape
10-06-2012, 11:04 PM
I have a customer that wants me to decorate the exterior of their home this Christmas. I am not sure how it should do so. She is in a very nice, classy neighborhood. She has a pristine lawn with a white vinyl fence backing the property. She currently has landscape lighting on the front of the house as well. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

clayslandscape
10-07-2012, 10:57 AM
Any ideas?
Posted via Mobile Device

christmas79
10-07-2012, 08:28 PM
I would outline the peaks with C9's and some of the front trees, I would wrap the trunks with mini lights.

clayslandscape
10-07-2012, 10:08 PM
I would outline the peaks with C9's and some of the front trees, I would wrap the trunks with mini lights.

So you are saying go around the entire roofline around the house?

christmas79
10-07-2012, 10:10 PM
I would do the front and maybe one side of the house the garage area?

addictedtolandscaping
10-08-2012, 05:37 AM
Roof lines including ridges, wreath in the center of the gable over the window, garland on the fence and pillar, mini in the shrubs.

clayslandscape
10-08-2012, 08:30 AM
Roof lines including ridges, wreath in the center of the gable over the window, garland on the fence and pillar, mini in the shrubs.

Would you do any spot lighting on the house or let the landscape lighting be it? What do you mean by garland on the pillar? Would you put minis on all the shrubs? There are 14 shrubs.

addictedtolandscaping
10-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Do not spot light it. It will create a hos spot, and take away both from their landscape lighting as well as your holiday lighting.

clayslandscape
10-08-2012, 10:14 PM
Do not spot light it. It will create a hos spot, and take away both from their landscape lighting as well as your holiday lighting.

I appreciate all your help! Would you put the C9's around the roofline as well as the peaks of the roof?

On another hand, Is there a program that will show you what christmas lighting could possibly look like on a house?

clayslandscape
10-08-2012, 11:13 PM
Here are some pictures from last years christmas.. Tell me what you would do differently.. Since these have been taken, new landscape lighting has been installed.

greenbaylawns
10-09-2012, 12:55 AM
Here you go Clays..Try some HDI Products and get in the affiliation.. Good Luck and Decorate!

addictedtolandscaping
10-09-2012, 03:59 AM
THis house is abou the size of mine, the blizzard LL above, gonna b way to brite, c-9/s will also be way to bright.

Do all roof lines including ridges with c-7, place garland on railings like you show in one of the pics, the mixed noble will look inredcible, I agree also with the gift boxes, I was hemming and hawing over it when i typed the last one. If you go to my facebook page (search Celebration Lighting) you will see a house where I actually do the roof lines with Icicle LL, mini in the bushes, three gifts boxes, and mixed noble garland on the pillars.

clayslandscape
10-09-2012, 10:08 AM
Here you go Clays..Try some HDI Products and get in the affiliation.. Good Luck and Decorate!

Greenbaylawns,
Thanks for the help! How much do you pay for the program you are using? I have just started with holiday decorating and only did two houses last year so I am not sure if I could afford such cost right now.

Is there any way you could use the new picture and put the c7 lights on the roofline and peak. The lady likes simple elegant ideas and oinly white lights. I like the idea of the wreath at the top around the vent. I appreciate the help in advance man!

TimNNJ
10-09-2012, 11:57 AM
Here is a quick example of c9 and some minis on the bushes..can't really see them..then a walkway lit up

addictedtolandscaping
10-09-2012, 09:03 PM
The software is $100 bucks there is also an estimating program that is 100. They really take the time out of every thing, simple design and you can use any of the holidynamics (hate typing that out) products.

Give Mike a call, he won't pressure you into anything, and you can and will get straight answers from him. He is a no bs sort of guy. Before I signed the paperwork, we must have spent probably 40 hours or so on the phone discussing different things.

There is not enough I can say about him, and really the support you get from the entire staff. There are always bumps, but all in all, some of the product is second to none. The light links are an amazing piece, the mixed noble foliage is just outstanding.

clayslandscape
10-09-2012, 10:11 PM
The software is $100 bucks there is also an estimating program that is 100. They really take the time out of every thing, simple design and you can use any of the holidynamics (hate typing that out) products.

Give Mike a call, he won't pressure you into anything, and you can and will get straight answers from him. He is a no bs sort of guy. Before I signed the paperwork, we must have spent probably 40 hours or so on the phone discussing different things.

There is not enough I can say about him, and really the support you get from the entire staff. There are always bumps, but all in all, some of the product is second to none. The light links are an amazing piece, the mixed noble foliage is just outstanding.

Who is Mike and how would I contact him? I keep trying to get on holidaybrightlights.com and it will not come up with anything.

greenbaylawns
10-09-2012, 10:26 PM
The c7 and C9 thing don't work to well with the software but you get the point..Like Addicted said, Call Mike with HDI. And If you need me to keep making you samples, 15%. Just make the checks out to Me. LOL good luck

addictedtolandscaping
10-10-2012, 04:26 AM
I don;t know what his official title is, probably something as long as the name lol. He is the guy you want to talk to about membership or whatever they are calling it now.

You won;t find holiday bright lights any more, they reorganized after last season and the new name is Holidynamics. 1-855-505-6046 and just ask for him.

clayslandscape
10-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Anymore ideas for this lady?

clayslandscape
10-11-2012, 09:32 PM
May be a dumb question, but how do you make shrubs with mini's in them look good without cords running all over the flower bed? What is the best way to connect power to a wreath in the top gable? She has one outlet in the front, and one in the back of the house.

turf hokie
10-12-2012, 06:31 AM
Clay,

I have to chime in here.

Not to sound to terribly harsh but....

The guys have given a ton of help, more than I thought they should/would.

If you have not read thru this forum, you should.

It is time for you to get out and practice, otherwise I am going to tell everyone to start charging for their time and advice, hell, the only thing left to do is for one of us to hop in a car and come over and do it for you.....

Good luck, you have just about everything you need to do this job from this forum, its a small job, use it for your practical experience.

David Gretzmier
10-14-2012, 12:54 AM
clay, while I agree with turf hokie, I will help you a bit more. The home is simple and probably needs clear simple lights. snowflake or blizzard lights would be fine, but c-9s will probably look best. you can insert a female vampire plug inline and drop a white cord to the wreath. you will have to run cords to each bush you do. hide and clean them up as best you can. I would do a 4' mixed noble wreath at the peak, the mini's in the bushes and keep the garland scallops you showed from last year. watch your amps and you'll have to learn what else is on the breaker for the front and back plugs. good luck.