PDA

View Full Version : Help with new accounts

Emerald
08-18-2000, 11:09 AM
Maybe you guys can help....I am looking for information on how to get accounts from property management companies. I have been trying for the past 2 years to get my foot in the door, but haven't had any success. The types of management companies I am looking for are apartment complexes and townhomes. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Emerald

Barkleymut
08-18-2000, 02:01 PM
Just an idea, but why do you want to maintain apts and townhomes? I would go for professional offices. Everyone in an apt. complex is going to want everything to look perfect since in their mind they are paying for it. At an office complex there are generally fewer areas to weedeat and such. High end retail stores also can be real money makers since they must look really nice and generally don't take more than an hour or two per week. Just my 2 cents.

cos
08-18-2000, 03:01 PM
I think personal contact is the best idea. Phone calss usually dont get returned, mail gets filed under t for trash.

Guido
08-18-2000, 03:37 PM
You have to go there and talk to somebody that can make a decission, and put them on the spot. They will have a much harder time pushing you aside when your there in person than when you write, call or e-mail. Let us know how you make out!

Good Luck :)

cos
08-18-2000, 04:35 PM
Also,ask for the facilities manager, if you walk in there and say that you want to bid on there landscaping the receptionist already knows how to push you out the door.