PDA

View Full Version : digital imaging CD

ConPro
01-22-2003, 12:33 AM
Got my first digital camera and love it. Does anyone recommend any programs where I can take a picture of someone landscape and change it to their needs? I've heard, but which have you tried?

ConPro
01-24-2003, 04:17 PM
Why no reply to this post? Does anyone even know what I'm talking about? Hello. Take a picture of someone's landscape, then go back and erase what's gonna be removed and add your new plants, mulch, walls.:blob1:

KenH
01-24-2003, 05:17 PM
I use DIG, by Designware. Search the web for Designware...they have a site.

Here you go
http://www.designimaginggroup.com/designware.cfm

ConPro
01-24-2003, 05:27 PM
Thanks Ken, How much does their basic program run? cost wise.

KenH
01-24-2003, 05:51 PM
I purchased mine about 4 years ago......I think it was 699. I think it went down considerably.

Lanelle
01-24-2003, 07:11 PM
Yes we do know what you are talking about, just got tired of discussing this exact topic once a month for the past three years. If you use the search feature you'll see what I mean. (I use DIG also)

SCL
01-25-2003, 10:23 AM
Just so you know, we wet to a trade show two weeks ago and DIG did not go down, it went up. Price at show last year was $499, this year $710. It was still the cheapest of the premiums. If you just want to get a feel try a Sierra program, little more labor intensive but it does work. Augment it with the erase and clone features of Adobe Photoshop and it actually gets pretty close. This should start some debate:eek:

KenH
01-25-2003, 12:12 PM
When I first purchased DIG, I wrestled with the idea for a while because of the cost. Get their free trial version (30 days) and do a design for a client. Gauge their reaction. If the design was done properly, I can guarantee the program will pay for itself.

AGLA
01-26-2003, 08:40 AM
I have done exactly what SCL said - Sierra and Photoshop together. Sierra was a pretty good low end program, but they stopped making it. You might find it on a discount rack somewhere. I saw it on a 3 programs for $50 rack at Best Buy last summer .... the Sierra package was counting as one software and you would pick out two more.
You can probably find it on ebay.

Photoshop is a premium software for any kind of photo manipulation. It is highly used by all types of professional graphic and design people. I think it runs about $700.

One Degree
01-29-2003, 10:15 AM
I just purchased the new Design Ware 3 total package earlier this month. It is very easy to use and has several training movies to help you along. I believe the new version is about $900. It went up after Jan 1 03. I bought it before it went up and I will receive my upgrades for free. The tech support has been great this far. It is easy to use a digital camera or a scanner to import images. I looked at Pro Landscape but it was $1,200. I had a class in college with Design Ware. This even influenced me more to buy this program because I already knew how to use it. I would stay away from the cheap programs. Before I spent $75 for a Wal-Mart program I would buy a stamp kit and do it by hand. It would proably be faster according to my experience with the cheap programs. I guess patience would be a must for those $75 programs. Good luck and start saving your money.