PDA

View Full Version : Sitting on my mower and thinking

soloscaperman
10-07-2012, 03:53 PM
We can build cars that run on batteries for a pretty long time and we have hybrids that use gas to charge the batteries and the other way around. Getting tired that every second of the day I am running on gas. If I am not in my truck using gas then I am on my mower, if I am not on my mower then I am using my grass trimmer, if I am not using the gas on my trimmer I am in my truck again driving.....................

Does anyone feel what I am saying. Just imagine the money you will recoup if our business didn't use gas, but then again everybody would realize how much profit there is in landscaping then the market would get more saturated.

Duekster
10-07-2012, 04:02 PM
I wish I did not have to pay labor :D

KrayzKajun
10-07-2012, 04:05 PM
Stop thinking!
Posted via Mobile Device

soloscaperman
10-07-2012, 04:09 PM
The crazy part is I think about this every time I'm working and if I'm not thinking about this I am thinking about women lol.

cgaengineer
10-07-2012, 04:40 PM
I wish I did not have to pay labor :D

Or taxes...
Posted via Mobile Device

cgaengineer
10-07-2012, 04:41 PM
We can build cars that run on batteries for a pretty long time and we have hybrids that use gas to charge the batteries and the other way around. Getting tired that every second of the day I am running on gas. If I am not in my truck using gas then I am on my mower, if I am not on my mower then I am using my grass trimmer, if I am not using the gas on my trimmer I am in my truck again driving.....................

Does anyone feel what I am saying. Just imagine the money you will recoup if our business didn't use gas, but then again everybody would realize how much profit there is in landscaping then the market would get more saturated.

Imagine the money you would spend buying batteries.
Posted via Mobile Device

larryinalabama
10-07-2012, 04:42 PM
The crazy part is I think about this every time I'm working and if I'm not thinking about this I am thinking about women lol.

Better get a car that runs on gas if you want to catch the girls, hybrids arent very fashionable.

soloscaperman
10-07-2012, 05:10 PM
Imagine the money you would spend buying batteries.
Posted via Mobile Device

To power 3 blades and a 500 pound mower factoring that batteries are lighter then an engine block and the less maintenance cost and reduced sound of the mower I would consider it.

If the batteries go you don't have to take it apart like an engine. Make it to easy that all you have to do it slide out the battery. The other is if for some reason the battery dies you can use a second battery while the other is getting charged by the solar panels on your trailer or have a solar panel on your mower so it charges while your mowing!

larryinalabama
10-07-2012, 05:13 PM
Sounds lit the "Green" movement is messing with your head,,,Im talking about Green buds"

cgaengineer
10-07-2012, 06:08 PM
To power 3 blades and a 500 pound mower factoring that batteries are lighter then an engine block and the less maintenance cost and reduced sound of the mower I would consider it.

If the batteries go you don't have to take it apart like an engine. Make it to easy that all you have to do it slide out the battery. The other is if for some reason the battery dies you can use a second battery while the other is getting charged by the solar panels on your trailer or have a solar panel on your mower so it charges while your mowing!

You are way off base...

The amount of batteries required to move a 500 lb mower and 3 blades most certainly weigh more than an engine block...ever wonder why they don't make total electric cars? Because in order for them to have a range even close to gas you would not haul anything but batteries...you will reach diminishing returns quickly with batteries...the more weight, the more batteries.

Priced a battery lately? A deep cycle battery...one that can be taken all the way down without ruining it? Lith ion...about 500 charge cycles...

If it was such a great idea it would be used right now.

I'd much rather carry 5 gallons of fuel at 40 lbs than 400lbs of batteries.
Posted via Mobile Device

ed2hess
10-07-2012, 08:41 PM
The green mower will be up at the expo again this year I expect. If I remember correct it took 2 people to carry out the b att ery change out and that had to be done each day.

Penncare
10-07-2012, 10:01 PM
If you want to be green on a practical scale get a CNG or propane mower. We have an abundance of natural gas here in the US and you can check at http://www.cngnow.com/stations/Pages/information.aspx to see if one is near you. I think Dixie Chopper makes a CNG mower and many offer propane versions. You need not wait if you want to go battery only, get a Hustler Zeon and get back to us on how you like it.

32vld
10-07-2012, 10:25 PM
Some people don't think.

Some people don't think things all the was through.

Some people think too much.

Some people think about the wrong things.

People call batteries green energy.

Dead batteries are one the the worse environmental hazards there is.

Batteries when charged off of power grid are not so green when the generating plant burns a hydrocarbon based fuel, or worse yet nuclear power.
Burn the fuel in an engine. Or burn the fuel at a power plant.
Power plants don't run as clean our cars/trucks.

jlcrox2
10-07-2012, 10:34 PM
<https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&source=mog&hl=en&gl=us&client=safari&tab=wi&q=reel%20mower&sa=N&biw=320&bih=356#i=17>

Problem solved

soloscaperman
10-07-2012, 11:16 PM
Some people don't think.

Some people don't think things all the was through.

Some people think too much.

Some people think about the wrong things.

People call batteries green energy.

Dead batteries are one the the worse environmental hazards there is.

Batteries when charged off of power grid are not so green when the generating plant burns a hydrocarbon based fuel, or worse yet nuclear power.
Burn the fuel in an engine. Or burn the fuel at a power plant.
Power plants don't run as clean our cars/trucks.

We need a demand and I don't mean just in the industry that were in. Batteries are advancing very quickly with not just cars but with cell phones. They found ways of organisms that can charge a battery there are a lot of things that can charge a battery or hold it better but they need a push and dreaming is not a bad thing. Remember the majority of the people don't use gas like we do, I know a lot of "normal" people that only spend $50-$150 a week on gas lol. The other is there are no moving parts in batteries, I like that!

BeachysLawn
10-07-2012, 11:28 PM
. . .The other is there are no moving parts in batteries, I like that!

Cracking me up. You just going to hook the batteries right up to the axle?

mtmower
10-07-2012, 11:35 PM
I've been dreaming a lot also since I got my FX921V that is only giving me 2.0 gph!

Here in MT there is newer company making battery powered trimmer, blowers, etc. http://coreoutdoorpower.com/2011/11/core-gasless-power-cgt400-trimmer/ They're getting closer.