PDA

View Full Version : Dump truck for sale or trade

Irwin97
10-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Hello everyone!

Its been awhile I've been to this forum ... been busy with our family business. We are growing in much faster pace than we expect and have to get back here soon!

Anyways I've decide to sell one of our truck or will consider trade it and it is 1987 F700 dump truck. We bought this truck to use it for towing and hauling our equipment trailer along with skid steer.

Things changed - we decide to stay with mowing/lawn service side of our business and not going into skid steer service so truck need to go as its too big for our use. Will sell for reasonable offer or will take look into F250/F350 regular cab 4x4 w/ 8 ft bed and Automatic trans as trade.

It is workhorse - here's info on the truck

- 29,000 miles
- Automatic
- 10 feet Dump bed
- F700
- Single axle
- 370 V8 4B
- PTO
- Regular brakes ( non cdl )

Not Rust free but nice. Have rust on corner cab and some area. The previous owner paint the truck with POR 15 every year to keep it in good condition and it shows. However since we owned it - we haven't keep up with that ... will do that within next few days.

We have clear MD title in our name. It doesn't need to but it passed VIEP and State insp test 6 months ago. Tagged as historic - cheap insurance.

Contact us thru PM and we can go from there.

Thanks.

richardcog
10-09-2012, 03:55 PM
How much do you want for it cash

Irwin97
10-09-2012, 03:59 PM
@ richardcog ... I'm not too firm on price. I've got few offers before within $7,500 when I wasn't ready to sell. That is price will be nice for this truck but I'm not too firm on it so if cash - willing to work out a deal and we can go from there.

WorldsStrongestLandscaper
10-09-2012, 06:40 PM
Is ct too far for a trade. What year are u looking for approx. f350
Posted via Mobile Device

Irwin97
10-09-2012, 07:13 PM
@WorldsStrongestLandscaper I'm in Frederick MD so I guess you are good 6 - 8 hrs North of me. I'm not picky on years as long it is Ford :)

Irwin97
10-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Got some questions from people ... yep everything runs, works and function as it suppose to and just bear this in mind - its not 2012 Caddy. Its a old good workhorse and will ride/drive like one.

WorldsStrongestLandscaper
10-11-2012, 12:11 AM
Ok email me lets chat & throw around some #'s. WorldsStrongestLandscaper@gmail.com
Thx Steve B
Posted via Mobile Device

Duffster
10-11-2012, 10:53 AM
What does regular brake - non CDL mean?

NIXRAY
10-11-2012, 11:23 AM

It means (at least in MI) you can drive with out a airbrake endorsement, (empty with a chauffeurs. loaded you'll need atleast a B)

But to be honest if you are asking this question, its way to much truck for you to handle, ATLEAST legally :nono:

Duffster
10-11-2012, 09:45 PM
It means (at least in MI) you can drive with out a airbrake endorsement, (empty with a chauffeurs. loaded you'll need atleast a B)

But to be honest if you are asking this question, its way to much truck for you to handle, ATLEAST legally :nono:

LOL I don't think you should be talking then. :nono:

A.) Type of brakes makes no difference in the tyoe of DL needed.

B.) There is no such thing as air brake endorsement.

C.) Loaded or not doesn't change the class of DL needed.
:hammerhead:

meets1
10-11-2012, 09:55 PM
I have same truck but white and maual with parking brake. Just got inspected. I have or you need class D chauffuers lic. in iowa. I can get CDL but I dont need air brake endorsment. That is what I was just told here today and I am looking through the book right now.????? Good luck with the sell

Irwin97
10-12-2012, 10:54 AM
Ah good questions ... in state of Maryland - if your truck is regular brakes then you can drive it without having CDL. If the truck have air brakes then you need CDL in order to drive them.

Duffster
10-12-2012, 11:10 AM
Ah good questions ... in state of Maryland - if your truck is regular brakes then you can drive it without having CDL. If the truck have air brakes then you need CDL in order to drive them.

No state in this country require a CDl for air brakes alone.

Is it under CDL otherwise?

Irwin97
10-12-2012, 11:17 AM
@ Duffster ... I think you are right about CDL regards air brakes or not - I think its not require as long its under 26000 GVW so yeah. The truck is rated at 23,500 +/- so yep its non CDL.

Mark Oomkes
10-12-2012, 11:18 AM

Pot stirrerererer

You're joking, right?

I mean, really, you are kidding, aren't you?

Because nothing of what you stated is true or accurate.

LOL I don't think you should be talking then. :nono:

A.) Type of brakes makes no difference in the tyoe of DL needed.

B.) There is no such thing as air brake endorsement.

C.) Loaded or not doesn't change the class of DL needed.
:hammerhead:

Here we go again.

Go look on the driver's door jamb. What is the GVWR of this truck?

Duffster
10-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Pot stirrerererer

You should talk. :laugh:

Mark Oomkes
10-12-2012, 11:42 AM
You should talk. :laugh:

I was or am or whatever. :drinkup:

NIXRAY
10-12-2012, 01:30 PM
ok so tell me where im wrong, first your the weight of the truck and trailer (or load) is what deciphers if you need a CDL and what class, you also need a endorsement for air.. UNLESS its under 26K GV.. thats what I meant, perhaps it didnt appear that way?

According to the Federal Motor Carrier and Safety Administration, you DO NOT need a CDL with air brake endorsement to drive a vehicle that is under 26,000 GVWR that has air brakes. The reasoning behind this is that since a CDL is not required to drive the vehicle, there is no way to require the "air brake" endorsement under the CDL guidelines.
Also note that your Class C license does not contain an "L" restriction.

If any one was offended, I do apologize. Now hopefully this guy sells this truck!

Mark Oomkes
10-12-2012, 01:47 PM
ok so tell me where im wrong, first your the weight of the truck and trailer (or load) is what deciphers if you need a CDL and what class, you also need a endorsement for air.. UNLESS its under 26K GV.. thats what I meant, perhaps it didnt appear that way?

According to the Federal Motor Carrier and Safety Administration, you DO NOT need a CDL with air brake endorsement to drive a vehicle that is under 26,000 GVWR that has air brakes. The reasoning behind this is that since a CDL is not required to drive the vehicle, there is no way to require the "air brake" endorsement under the CDL guidelines.

If any one was offended, I do apologize. Now hopefully this guy sells this truck!

That almost makes sense.

All you need to do is change your terminology. There is no such thing as an air brake endorsement.

Duffster
10-12-2012, 01:48 PM

if you are asking this question, its way to much truck for you to handle

Duffster
10-12-2012, 01:50 PM
What your truck weights DOES NOT deterimine what class/type of DL needed.

Irwin97
10-15-2012, 12:26 PM
Got some questions ... the truck is 4x2 not a 4x4. Got some offers and trade offer but nobody came thru yet so yep its still up for sale. I will let everyone know if its gone so it will be up until then.