PDA

View Full Version : Orlando tree service

BCL Services
10-10-2012, 05:46 PM
Hey guys who are you using for a tree service sub in the Orlando area? We handle small stuff in house, but I have a bigger job coming up to trim up about 50 palms that I don't think I care to bother with. Who do you recommend?

Landscape Poet
10-10-2012, 09:36 PM
Hey guys who are you using for a tree service sub in the Orlando area? We handle small stuff in house, but I have a bigger job coming up to trim up about 50 palms that I don't think I care to bother with. Who do you recommend?

I have used Todd Davis Tree Service out of Winter Park a couple of times. Does prompt work, is good with the customers.

http://www.todddavistreeservice.com/

RoyalTree
10-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Dont hire a company that advertises topping.

Look at the isa or tcia website for a company that uses a certified arborist or at the very least practices modern tree trimming techniques.
Posted via Mobile Device

bugsNbows
10-12-2012, 09:12 AM
Dont hire a company that advertises topping.

Look at the isa or tcia website for a company that uses a certified arborist or at the very least practices modern tree trimming techniques.
Posted via Mobile Device

Great advice. I see so many "butcher jobs" around on palms. IMO, it is pathetically unprofessional.

Ric
10-12-2012, 10:58 AM

In Orlando call Scrub Tree Service. Their Hurricane style trimming cuts right to the Heart. Yes, Trim jobs stand the test of time, in fact this might be the last time they get trimmed. BTW They specialize in Tree Remove also.

Florida Gardener
10-12-2012, 12:22 PM
"But if I hurricane cut, I won't have to have them cut for another year!"
Posted via Mobile Device

justanotherlawnguy
10-17-2012, 09:15 PM
certified arborist for palm trimming, thats funny......

why would people pay for an arborist to come out, when for 1/4 the price of a legitimate tree service they can get the $20/door knocker scabs to do it

RoyalTree
10-17-2012, 09:38 PM
Right...why hire a ligitimate company...

I guess we all know how you run your business.

Hire the guy who will spike your royals and make sure they dont leave more then 3 fronds. This wont hurt your trees at all, right? Why pay for someone who actually trains their employees when you can get a guy at the local home depot. Who cares about if the guy has insurance right? Workers comp, you will never need it, way to expensive. Besided the guy has a poulan and a ladder, he knows what he is doing.

Tree service is dangerous and lots of damage can be caused to plants, property and persons by the hacks that think they can trim treed. I am tirred of seeing the ignorance not only by the homeowners but mostly by people in the green industry.

Two tree trimmers who were not properly trained have died in the last 6 months in my city alone.
Posted via Mobile Device

Florida Gardener
10-17-2012, 09:56 PM
Right...why hire a ligitimate company...

I guess we all know how you run your business.

Hire the guy who will spike your royals and make sure they dont leave more then 3 fronds. This wont hurt your trees at all, right? Why pay for someone who actually trains their employees when you can get a guy at the local home depot. Who cares about if the guy has insurance right? Workers comp, you will never need it, way to expensive. Besided the guy has a poulan and a ladder, he knows what he is doing.

Tree service is dangerous and lots of damage can be caused to plants, property and persons by the hacks that think they can trim treed. I am tirred of seeing the ignorance not only by the homeowners but mostly by people in the green industry.

Two tree trimmers who were not properly trained have died in the last 6 months in my city alone.
Posted via Mobile Device

Amen. Thank you.
Posted via Mobile Device

RoyalTree
10-17-2012, 09:58 PM
You might also be surprised how affordable it can be to hire a professional company versus the hacks sometimes. We are trained and equipped to do the job and can do it in a fraction of the time.
Posted via Mobile Device

Florida Gardener
10-17-2012, 10:37 PM
You might also be surprised how affordable it can be to hire a professional company versus the hacks sometimes. We are trained and equipped to do the job and can do it in a fraction of the time.
Posted via Mobile Device

I agree 100%, but the problem is, you can't fix stupid.

justanotherlawnguy
10-18-2012, 12:15 AM
Jeez royal calm!
Yell at the home owners who hire these guys. My post was me being a smart a$$, not the scab tree service. I realize the benefits of hiring the right guys for the job.

Ive had many customers who needed several trees trimmed and called professional tree services with arborists, with every insurance under the sun and they tell the customer that it's $500 minimum. Now are the majority of people gonna pay $500 for a couple of trees or $125 to the door knockers?
Thats the disparity I was referring to!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

RoyalTree
10-18-2012, 06:47 PM
Most companys do not have such a high minimum. I think you can find plenty of of good guys at really really good prices in this economy. One of my crews just finished a 7 day job cleaning about 750 palms at 18 a piece.

I see why you are just anorher lawn guy. I guess you will never get it.

I cant wait for our county to start creating real enforcement over the hacks like other places in the state. This place is crawling with tree and spray hacks mutilating one yard at a time
Posted via Mobile Device

justanotherlawnguy
10-18-2012, 11:19 PM
Most companys do not have such a high minimum. I think you can find plenty of of good guys at really really good prices in this economy. One of my crews just finished a 7 day job cleaning about 750 palms at 18 a piece.

I see why you are just anorher lawn guy. I guess you will never get it.

I cant wait for our county to start creating real enforcement over the hacks like other places in the state. This place is crawling with tree and spray hacks mutilating one yard at a time
Posted via Mobile Device

Jeez, take it personal why don't you!

$18 a tree. Thats hack pricing.
Posted via Mobile Device

Florida Gardener
10-18-2012, 11:21 PM
Jeez, take it personal why don't you!

$18 a tree. Thats hack pricing.
Posted via Mobile Device

Not when you have a bucket and are doing 750. Well, only if they are queen, washy, coco. And only if they get done every 6-8 mo.
Posted via Mobile Device

justanotherlawnguy
10-18-2012, 11:47 PM
$18 per tree is valley crest like pricing for hoa's and the like. If you got a residential call for 4 trees, would you show up with the crew and bucket and do the job for $72?
No way no how would you. You probably wouldn't even show up for the estimate, cause you have a minimum right. Most guys with bucket trucks won't show up for less than a couple hundred bucks. And if you think anyone is gonna pay a couple hundred bucks for a job worth $150, your crazy. Yes I realize a few will but the majority won't. Which is why your target customer isn't someone with a few trees, it's customers with several hundred trees. Apples to oranges comparison!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Florida Gardener
10-18-2012, 11:50 PM
$18 per tree is valley crest like pricing for hoa's and the like. If you got a residential call for 4 trees, would you show up with the crew and bucket and do the job for $72?
No way no how would you. You probably wouldn't even show up for the estimate, cause you have a minimum right. Most guys with bucket trucks won't show up for less than a couple hundred bucks. And if you think anyone is gonna pay a couple hundred bucks for a job worth $150, your crazy. Yes I realize a few will but the majority won't. Which is why your target customer isn't someone with a few trees, it's customers with several hundred trees. Apples to oranges comparison!!
Posted via Mobile Device

That's why I said it is bc he did 750 of them. Of course I'm not going to show up for 4 trees at those prices....
Posted via Mobile Device

RoyalTree
10-18-2012, 11:55 PM
I am fine with one crew averaging over 1900 per day. I was just trying to show you that your pricing ideas can be very wrong.

It was a mix of mostly washies with a few royals, canaries and others. We do this shopping center twice per year.
Posted via Mobile Device

justanotherlawnguy
10-19-2012, 12:03 AM
That's why I said it is bc he did 750 of them. Of course I'm not going to show up for 4 trees at those prices....
Posted via Mobile Device

Thank You, That was the point of my original post when I said the customer would hire the scab door knocker vs. the insured professional tree service. Royal blew a gasket and missed the point of the post. Yet we managed to work through it.

Florida Gardener
10-19-2012, 12:10 AM
I am fine with one crew averaging over 1900 per day. I was just trying to show you that your pricing ideas can be very wrong.

It was a mix of mostly washies with a few royals, canaries and others. We do this shopping center twice per year.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yea, that's a nice contract if you get it 2x/yr.
Posted via Mobile Device

RoyalTree
10-19-2012, 07:03 AM
It might not have been the best example just because of the scale but note that the original post was asking about 50 palms.

We do jobs that are not several hundred dollars all the time. We are not going to drive an hour to get to a 125 dollar job but are often able to schedule it with anothet job nearby. Looking at the work sheets for today i see 3 jobs under 200 between two crews. 125 dollar jobs dont go for 500, if a tree service needs 500 to do 5 palms they are not serious about working or they have no clue how to run a business.

I guess i "blew a gasket" because it is attitudes like yours that keep the green industry as a whole in the stoneage.

Btw, my target customer is not someone with a couple hundred trees. Its the educated consumer.

I am tirred of seeing guys die and get seriously hurt in this business. Fatalities and major accidents are just off the charts. It is inherently dangerous and accident do happen but you would never find another industry in this country that will tolerate the stuff we see here.
Posted via Mobile Device

justanotherlawnguy
10-19-2012, 06:42 PM
Jesus there you go again!
Its not my attitude that keeps the green industry in the stone age: its the stupid customers that hire these guys.

You still don't get the point of my original smart a$$ reply, so let me further explain myself. Perhaps I should have said that my post was from the viewpoint of a scab homeowner then the guys doing the work.

I am not a door knocker tree trimmer.
I refer my customers to a legitimate tree service in the area, I send them $1000s of dollars a year.

Your right there are plenty of guys who get hurt, but there's nothing you can do about it!
Posted via Mobile Device

rob7233
10-21-2012, 10:52 PM
To answer the OP question for quality tree services in the Orlando area.

1) Arbor Vision Tree service

2) Arbor Ridge Tree service