PDA

View Full Version : Ready to buy a new ZTR mower

turnerbend
10-11-2012, 08:56 PM
New member here. I'm ready to buy a new ZTR mower. Looking at the Toro Mx 4260 mower 42". Do anybody have this mower? If so, what kind of service and what would be a good price for this mower? Was quoted a price out the door of $3787 this includes the mulching kit (Local Dealer). Response please. Thanks.

antv20
10-12-2012, 05:47 PM
You probably won't find many on here that have that mower or would recommend that mower.

I have one question...how much area are you mowing?

turnerbend
10-12-2012, 09:18 PM
You probably won't find many on here that have that mower or would recommend that mower.

I have one question...how much area are you mowing?

I'm mowing just my homes (3) properties of about 2 acres. All flat land.

ccecilm
10-13-2012, 08:29 AM
I have what may be the forerunner of that machine (Time Cutter Z4200) and I really am not impressed with it:

1. No suspension system so gives a very rough ride.
2. Has mulching kit but does not mulch very well like my old Deere did.
3. Rear wheels project out past the mowing deck just enough to make getting up real close to objects difficult without bumping into them with the deck.

Lawn Novice
02-02-2013, 11:45 AM
I am also a new member with about a 1/2acre lot. Last year I was in the market for a new ZTR. Purchased the Gravely ZT42 with the 21hp Kaw engine. Best mover I ever owned. Also bought bagger as I live in a subdivision with many trees. What used to take me hours to rake up or bag with my walk behind mower takes only about an hour with my Gravely. Not sure if you have made a decision yet, but you cannot go wrong with the Gravely.