PDA

View Full Version : We Have Survived

zturncutter
10-13-2012, 05:31 PM
Gentlemen I think we can say we have survived another Florida Summer - :clapping:

Area forecast discussion
National Weather Service Tampa Bay Ruskin Florida
157 PM EDT Sat Oct 13 2012

Short term (tonight - monday)...band of light showers/sprinkles
moving toward the southwest may briefly dampen the ground across the
interior central and southwest this afternoon. Otherwise continued
mainly dry weather through tonight.

Moisture deepens some on Sunday so chances of measurable
precipitation will increase a bit. For now will depict slight
chance of showers mainly from Polk County southwestward across
Manatee and points south.

On Monday...a frontal boundary will be dropping into the northern
Gulf Coast states but there will be no return flow of humid air
ahead of it. That should keep rain chances on the low side
considering the upper-level support and the surface boundary...
but still expect about a 20 percent chance of showers at any time
on Monday.

Long term (monday night - saturday)...some changes were made to
the extended forecast today. Models are showing a cooler air mass
moving in behind the front...and mex guidance has shown cooler
temperatures for the last few runs. There may be some return of
milder air and moisture on Thursday before the next cold front
approaches on Friday. We will likely have to add some rain chances
for Friday in the next forecast package.

Florida Gardener
10-13-2012, 05:54 PM
Amen zturn. Weather has def changed here...humidity is gone and temps are a couple degrees lower. It was a cruel, cruel, cruel summer
Posted via Mobile Device

Keith
10-13-2012, 09:53 PM
Most of the summer wasn't bad. It was just Sept and the first seven days of Oct that made up for it. Up until then, not once did I think about packing up and moving north ;)

Florida Gardener
10-13-2012, 10:02 PM
Most of the summer wasn't bad. It was just Sept and the first seven days of Oct that made up for it. Up until then, not once did I think about packing up and moving north ;)

I thought July/Aug were the worst and september was nice...i agree though...first week of october sucked.....

Keith
10-13-2012, 10:45 PM
Lucky you only got a week of it. Stifling humidity sucks worse than heat.

Florida Gardener
10-13-2012, 11:02 PM
yea, totally....its crazy the difference when the humidity is lifted and you get some nice winds....if florida wasn't humid, it would be perfect.

Friday was a high of 84 or 85, but the humidity was low with 20-30 mile per hour winds....what a difference

williams lcm
10-14-2012, 11:23 AM
Every LCO I see now has a big smile on their faces. EOW coming up and humidity is gone. Grass starting to slow a bit. Now I will have to start to breaking the customers back into EOW schedule. I get the same customers that call me and ask where are you at. Its those very few dreaded calls that I get from the select few customers that I have had year after year.

ringahding
10-14-2012, 12:12 PM
We have survived and are heading into our fall leaf clean up phase, but just today it rained after I do not know how many weeks. The whole summer felt like a drought stricken wasteland.

Keith
10-14-2012, 03:34 PM
Humidity is back today :(

billslawn89
10-15-2012, 08:04 PM
Humidity is back today :(

I had some rain come thru this afternoon and its like a oven outside with no wind. It won't let up here.....:cry:

Florida Gardener
10-15-2012, 08:11 PM
Low humidity here today...felt nice
Posted via Mobile Device

Ric
10-15-2012, 08:18 PM
I had some rain come thru this afternoon and its like a oven outside with no wind. It won't let up here.....:cry:.

Yep 90 today. The rest of the week is forcast to be in the low 80's and Dry. We are about to start our better weather part of the Year with an average temperature of 75.

zturncutter
10-16-2012, 06:27 AM
Humidity and temps are back up a bit here as well, but will take the mid to upper 80's over 95 for highs and upper 60's over upper 70's for lows. Typical south Florida fall weather, I remember taking my Halloween mask off between houses to get some air as a kid in Sarasota 40 years ago :laugh:

Ric
10-16-2012, 11:25 AM
Humidity and temps are back up a bit here as well, but will take the mid to upper 80's over 95 for highs and upper 60's over upper 70's for lows. Typical south Florida fall weather, I remember taking my Halloween mask off between houses to get some air as a kid in Sarasota 40 years ago :laugh:

It is the Spring Break High Tourist Season that we get the PERFECT weather. That spoils us for the Rest of the year which isn't Really that bad. The Mid West has Higher temperature in the summer and we sure don't need to talk about our 75 average in the winter. Sure we have to put up with that Tropical Rainy season in the summer when you can cut the air with a knife. But there are bigger bucks working outside than asking if you want fries with that.

zturncutter
10-16-2012, 01:08 PM
Agreed, and today is beautiful.:clapping:

zturncutter
10-26-2012, 06:53 AM
Mid 40's to low 50's for lows next week :cool2:

Ric
10-26-2012, 10:26 AM
Mid 40's to low 50's for lows next week :cool2:

Overcast & windy yesterday and today from the Hurricane moving up the East Coast. Today's 78 degrees is like heaven to us. But I have seen Yankees swim in 50 degree weather.

Sprinkler Buddy
10-26-2012, 10:34 AM
I'm thankful for the consistent rain we have received this year compared to the last few years. I actually have a little water in my small pond now. The fish are loving it too! :-)

Landscape Poet
10-26-2012, 10:44 AM
Much better temps here for sure this week. We got hit yesterday afternoon with some the outer bans from the Hurricane, good little down pour for awhile. Today we were suppose to get more, they closed school down on some of the coastal counties but as I type this the sun is out and it is just overall great weather. This is the type of stuff that lawnboys all over the state dream about.

Florida Gardener
10-26-2012, 11:58 AM
Much better temps here for sure this week. We got hit yesterday afternoon with some the outer bans from the Hurricane, good little down pour for awhile. Today we were suppose to get more, they closed school down on some of the coastal counties but as I type this the sun is out and it is just overall great weather. This is the type of stuff that lawnboys all over the state dream about.

I salivate over it.
Posted via Mobile Device

williams lcm
10-26-2012, 06:39 PM
yup....every lawn boy with a big smile on their faces. EOW starts this up coming week for me. I have noticed some started this week already

Florida Gardener
10-28-2012, 10:49 PM
Couple nice days and nights coming up here. Will def slow stuff down. "It's the most, wonderful time, of the year."
Posted via Mobile Device

zturncutter
10-29-2012, 06:42 AM
Gotta love it ! :cool2: http://www.srh.noaa.gov/tbw/ :cool2:

Landscape Poet
10-29-2012, 07:00 AM
Possible low of 42 degrees tonight they are saying....nice...very nice

Greg78
10-29-2012, 02:34 PM
This is my first week off. Got everything buttoned up nice and tight last week.

Landscape Poet
11-02-2012, 06:55 PM
Finished our regular route stuff yesterday and took today to go review a few sod jobs that were done last week and line up the work that will be happening next week. I overly excited that it is finally that time of year and with the cool down here last week the turf is looking amazing well, lawns which look like they could be cut again two days after they were actually cut are holding good a week later. Life is grand.

Florida Gardener
11-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Finished our regular route stuff yesterday and took today to go review a few sod jobs that were done last week and line up the work that will be happening next week. I overly excited that it is finally that time of year and with the cool down here last week the turf is looking amazing well, lawns which look like they could be cut again two days after they were actually cut are holding good a week later. Life is grand.
You said it Mike, life is grand.
Posted via Mobile Device

Patriot Services
11-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Finally got a chance to repair some carnage from this last season. Welding is way more fun when its not 90+ degrees.
Posted via Mobile Device

Florida Gardener
11-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Finally got a chance to repair some carnage from this last season. Welding is way more fun when its not 90+ degrees.
Posted via Mobile Device

What carnage occurred?
Posted via Mobile Device

Patriot Services
11-02-2012, 08:07 PM
Deck perforations, bent brackets, fenders, jacks. Just a lot of wear and tear.
Posted via Mobile Device

zturncutter
11-02-2012, 09:00 PM
Need to get started on some repair projects myself but it sure is hard to get motivated the first week or two after the mayhem that is summer :)

Landscape Poet
11-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Need to get started on some repair projects myself but it sure is hard to get motivated the first week or two after the mayhem that is summer :)

My first repair will be to myself, a week of rest for the most part, just supervising the finished projects for the week. Starting to get some information that has been neglected for year end tax prep underway too, but for the most part this first week is going to be spent in my home, resting from a strong spring and active summer.