PDA

View Full Version : Are Bobcats good mowers?

recycledsole
10-13-2012, 08:05 PM
Im thinking about buying a 36" bobcat class with fs481v engine.
anyone have any experience with them?
thank you so much

Darryl G
10-13-2012, 08:18 PM
Bobcat doesn't make a 36 inch mower. Did you mean Bob-Cat? They make a solid mower and are pretty popular where I am.

recycledsole
10-13-2012, 08:20 PM
Bobcat doesn't make a 36 inch mower. Did you mean Bob-Cat? They make a solid mower and are pretty popular where I am.
yes sir that is what i meant.

Darryl G
10-13-2012, 08:21 PM
I know, just bustin' on you :p

Think Green
10-13-2012, 08:28 PM
Sole,
Since I run two other Exmark units, I wanted to purchase something in the Walker line but didn't want the expense this time around. I inquired about the Navigator.................!!!
My dealer told me straight out that this unit was sub par, always needed repairs, wasn't as eco friendly as thought. My dealer said that in 10 years, they sold 10 units and all ten were in for repairs within 6 months of purchase. 3 were returned and traded back in for a Walker.
My dealer carries many brands of Z's but they were really straight forward about the bad rap on this mower.
The Bob-Cat...the green mower that looks like the Walker is just the same as mentioned above. Other's will imitate, but they can never completely copy the valued worth of the Walker. This is my opinion....and from use of my two units of 13 years each. I run Walker and Exmark because of the un paralleled cut of each mower for my usage.
I only wanted to carry one brand on the trailer's, so this was merely a visual thing. I carry a Frankenstein trailer of equipment. Stihl's, Echo's, Gravely, Exmark,Walker to name a few.
I do not know from use that this mower has problems, I can only emulate from my dealer who talked me out of this unit at the time.
Other's may chime in and have argumentative responses. That is fine..........as I would like to hear them also.

dstifel
10-13-2012, 08:34 PM
Buying one tomm I'll let you k ow how it does throughout the week

lawns Etc
10-13-2012, 08:46 PM
They are a tried and true workhorse mower. Very popular around here.
Posted via Mobile Device

Darryl G
10-13-2012, 08:54 PM
Sole,
Since I run two other Exmark units, I wanted to purchase something in the Walker line but didn't want the expense this time around. I inquired about the Navigator.................!!!
My dealer told me straight out that this unit was sub par, always needed repairs, wasn't as eco friendly as thought. My dealer said that in 10 years, they sold 10 units and all ten were in for repairs within 6 months of purchase. 3 were returned and traded back in for a Walker.
My dealer carries many brands of Z's but they were really straight forward about the bad rap on this mower.
The Bob-Cat...the green mower that looks like the Walker is just the same as mentioned above. Other's will imitate, but they can never completely copy the valued worth of the Walker. This is my opinion....and from use of my two units of 13 years each. I run Walker and Exmark because of the un paralleled cut of each mower for my usage.
I only wanted to carry one brand on the trailer's, so this was merely a visual thing. I carry a Frankenstein trailer of equipment. Stihl's, Echo's, Gravely, Exmark,Walker to name a few.
I do not know from use that this mower has problems, I can only emulate from my dealer who talked me out of this unit at the time.
Other's may chime in and have argumentative responses. That is fine..........as I would like to hear them also.

What the hell are you talking about. Bob-Cat does not make a Walker-type mower and I don't think they ever have. He's asking about a 36 inch belt drive walk behind....nice story though. :laugh:

Greg78
10-13-2012, 09:02 PM
What the hell are you talking about. Bob-Cat does not make a Walker-type mower and I don't think they ever have. He's asking about a 36 inch belt drive walk behind....nice story though. :laugh:

Not sure it they still do but Bob-Cat Ransomes did make a Walker style mower.

http://shoals.ebayclassifieds.com/outdoor-garden/muscle-shoals/bob-cat-zt100-42-only-76-hours-walker-style-mower/?ad=23373291

Edit:

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=372874

Darryl G
10-13-2012, 09:07 PM
Wow...OK, I stand corrected...but his post still has nothing to do with what the OP asked about, lol.

recycledsole
10-13-2012, 09:09 PM
its the 'classic' model

Greg78
10-13-2012, 09:11 PM
its the 'classic' model

Never heard of it. Buying it new? Got a link?

Edit: Found it. http://www.bobcatturf.com/gear-drive-mid-size-walk-behind-mower.aspx

Those are some pretty tuff mowers and proven as said before.

recycledsole
10-13-2012, 10:19 PM
the classic is a commercial model?
thanks

Greg78
10-13-2012, 10:20 PM
the classic is a commercial model?
thanks

Sure is .

MGLawnCare1
12-16-2012, 07:03 PM

What are you talking about? Bob-Cat did make the style mower. I had one. They stopped a year or so ago making them. But my dealer still has one and here is a post I did a while back

Do your research before you talk......

Darryl G
12-16-2012, 08:18 PM
What are you talking about? Bob-Cat did make the style mower. I had one. They stopped a year or so ago making them. But my dealer still has one and here is a post I did a while back

So I was right, lmao. And please don't tell me what to do....I do take requests though. I do my best to help others here....what do you do? Looks to me like every one of your posts is just you tooting your own horn!

LawnMan19
12-16-2012, 08:43 PM

Not many people know about them as the have not been on Bob-Cat's own website for years, and unless you know the model number your not going to find them. I know for a fact they did not sell well because my local Bob-Cat dealer did not sell any until the really cut the price to almost nothing on the floor model that sat on their showroom floor for almost five years. :nono: :hammerhead:

To the OP Bob-Cat makes great machines and the classic won't disappoint.

MGLawnCare1
12-16-2012, 10:49 PM
So I was right, lmao. And please don't tell me what to do....I do take requests though. I do my best to help others here....what do you do? Looks to me like every one of your posts is just you tooting your own horn!

How are you right you? You said Bob-Cat has never made a mower in that style.
Yeah they did make a mower in that style I think around 15 years. Oh but your right? Sorry to prove you wrong.

I just hate when people (like you) get on here and be smart asses for no reason. I thought this forum was about asking questions and sharing pictures of work and equipment.

But for being a smart ass, your not to smart. In this case anyways.

Just because I post pictures of what I have "I'm tooting my own horn" if that's the case there is a lot people on here "tooting their own horns"

LawnMan19
12-16-2012, 11:47 PM
Yeah they did make a mower in that style I think around 15 years. Oh but your right? Sorry to prove you wrong.

I just hate when people (like you) get on here and be smart asses for no reason. I thought this forum was about asking questions and sharing pictures of work and equipment.

Just because I post pictures of what I have "I'm tooting my own horn" if that's the case there is a lot people on here "tooting their own horns"

FYI: Darryl is by far not a smartass he'll go out of his way to help someone out when the have a question or need help with something.

I just think he doesn't like when people come on here being all cocky and acting like a jagoff.

Darryl G
12-17-2012, 01:02 AM

No, I never said they never made a mower in that style. I said they don't make one and you confirmed that....I highlighted it for you in your post where you said that...and that I didn't think they ever did. I already apologized for that..scroll back Richard Wad....it appears that they did make one and you bought it, lol.

Ask the OP how many times I've written lengthy replies to him to help him out. Really, all you do is post pics of your equipment and stripes ....good job...the world is a better place now. That's fine if you don't want to help people here, but no need to go beating up people who do. Anyway, the OP asked about 36 inch machines....have you said one thing in this post that's in any way helpful relative to that?

pugs
12-17-2012, 09:26 AM

No, I never said they never made a mower in that style. I said they don't make one and you confirmed that

You might want to check the definition of never.

Darryl G
12-17-2012, 09:52 AM
Sorry, I don't get it. I said they don't and that I don't think they did. But none of this has anything to do with Bob-Cat walk behind mowers, does it? If you guys wanna bust my effin stones over something like this I can just stop replying and helping people. Is that what you want?

Darryl G
12-17-2012, 09:54 AM
My ignore list just grew.......good day...unsubcribed

LawnMan19
12-17-2012, 11:12 AM
My ignore list just grew.......good day...unsubcribed

Yeah, it's easier then dealing with these children.:dizzy:

GMLC
12-17-2012, 12:02 PM
Some people can dish it but can't take it....

I MOW ALONE
12-17-2012, 12:51 PM
Some people can dish it but can't take it....

sure looks that way :laugh::laugh: mods will close this one fast

lawns Etc
12-17-2012, 02:55 PM
The original question from someone who has owned several Classic Bobcat mowers! Yes they are good commercial machines! Bulletproof and parts are readily available..

makktruck
12-17-2012, 04:30 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

weaver
12-20-2012, 03:26 PM
Dang i been looking around and those things are priced really reasonable.. Almost to good to be true.. They also offer a 36 hydro with Z controls but could'nt find a price on that..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BOB-CAT-PREDATOR-PRO-37-HP-DFI-72-ZERO-TURN-COMMERCIAL-MOWER-/330840222741?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d079d2c15

jiggz
12-20-2012, 05:27 PM
I have a Bobcat 48" from the mid 90's with a kawi fb460v on it that I still use..And I must say they are darn good mowers..people dont realise it but in the early days they were copied off of alot..the only problem I have with mine is the power.. but were talking about a 90's machine when they all came with 12hp engines..A 36 with a 16hp kawi will tear $hit up..It stripes great with no kit, cuts great,super simple - like a walkbehind it sopposed to be. parts are cheep..If you dont mind pistol grips..(Bobcat has always been the easiest pistols IMO) you really cant go wrong, and the price is, well you cant beat it

S. Scapes
12-29-2012, 10:44 PM
My first commercial mower is the exact one that you are looking for (belt-driven, engine type, 36'', etc.) I have had ZERO issues with mine and I have ran that thing through some nasty stuff. It's like a bush-hog and an excellent striping mower all in one. The pistol grips are easy to adjust, maintenance is a breeze, and it'll never quit. The only reason why I bought another mower is for larger accounts. I cut fescue, centipede, and bermuda it does a great job on all. Take care of it and it'll take care of you.
Oh and the one I bought was used and I would've thought it was brand new the way it runs. :waving:

Grant11
12-31-2012, 01:43 AM
Like a few others, my first commercial mower was an old bob-cat 48" walk behind. Belt driven with the kaw fb460v and I still have it. Bob-Cat's are really solid machines. They're similar to exmarks. The key is to make sure you have a reliable Bob-Cat dealer nearby. I've had my mower go out a couple times over the years and parts for any type of machine without a close dealer is a headache.