PDA

View Full Version : Large leaf containers??

RussellB
10-13-2012, 09:04 PM
I am looking for large leaf containers to purchase. For you older guys, the ones I am looking for are the kind the garbage men used to carry down the street to collect trash. Any ideas where I can purchase them? thanks in advance.

knox gsl
10-13-2012, 09:11 PM
I know JDL used to carry them, not sure anymore.

Darryl G
10-13-2012, 09:52 PM
These? http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100119163/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=chem-tainer&storeId=10051

Lowes and JDL do carry them too, according the the manufacturer website.

RussellB
10-13-2012, 10:02 PM
That's it. Guess I need to freshen up my google searches. Thanks guys!

Darryl G
10-13-2012, 10:07 PM
It's hard to find them unless you know the name of them. You may have to do a "ship to store" order on them for Lowes or HD. Lesco/JDL should have them in stock.

kawasaki guy
10-15-2012, 02:02 PM
These? http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100119163/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=chem-tainer&storeId=10051

Lowes and JDL do carry them too, according the the manufacturer website.

those are the best cans you can find!

slapon
10-15-2012, 04:36 PM
I am looking for large leaf containers to purchase. For you older guys, the ones I am looking for are the kind the garbage men used to carry down the street to collect trash. Any ideas where I can purchase them? thanks in advance.

RussellB,

I am a sponsor of this forum and I saw your thread and thought you might be interested in considering the Tough Guy 48 gallon square waste container and my product, the Slap-on attachment, that is an accessory to the waste container. Both products are discussed on the Slap-on website, www.slapon.net and both products are sold through Grainger, www.grainger.com. Links to the products at Grainger are provided on the Slap-on website. Grainger also sells a 55 gallon square waste container that may also be suitable.

Thanks and take care, Eric

Darryl G
10-15-2012, 09:28 PM
Eric - Holding the bag with the Slap-on on just one side secures it? What about the other sides? Do they stay on somehow without any aid? Honestly it's not something I can see myself using, as I have a pretty good aresenal of leaf cleanup gear, but I'm just curious.

Good job on getting in with Graingers. They sell quality stuff, unlike some of the other major catalogs that sell mostly crap.

slapon
10-15-2012, 10:22 PM
Eric - Holding the bag with the Slap-on on just one side secures it? What about the other sides? Do they stay on somehow without any aid? Honestly it's not something I can see myself using, as I have a pretty good aresenal of leaf cleanup gear, but I'm just curious.

Good job on getting in with Graingers. They sell quality stuff, unlike some of the other major catalogs that sell mostly crap.

Darryl,

Thanks for asking. The Slap-on attachment secures one side and the ground secures the other side when the waste receptacle is turned on the side opposite the the attachment. So, the upper side of the receptacle and the lower side are secure. The other two sides remain loose so that the large air pockets that exist between the inside walls of the container and the bag can escape on those sides. Otherwise, if you tried to tie the bag tightly around the lip of the receptacle, you would have a ballooning effect that would shut off your opening. Securing the liner while allowing the air pockets to escape prevents the bag from collapsing inside the receptacle. You can then forcibly rake or push debris into the container as it is set on its side as if the liner does not exist. Picture being able to rake debris into a large square collection bin that is set on its side. You convert the receptacle into a great big collection device with a secure can liner inside to easily bag debris. It is like a 48 to 55 gallon dust pan with a 23 1/2" square opening that you can plow debris into. Does that help?

Darryl G
10-15-2012, 10:25 PM
Yes, thanks for the detailed explanation. Makes sense!

Think Green
10-18-2012, 07:59 PM
Russel,
Are you near any seed companies??
I have found some 40 bushel bags made from heavy geo textile material with heavy woven handles that soybeans, corn, and other ag seeds is delivered in. There is a funnel flume on the bottom but all you have to do is sew the thing shut. The problem is..........wet leaves makes for a back ache as the things will haul 2-3 hundred pounds of leaves.
For leaf season in small areas, I use kid pools, with a tie rope attached on one side. I don't care what all the other lco's say as we transport 2 pools around with the equipment, as I see them try to hand lift a already heavy can over the trailer.