PDA

View Full Version : city landscaping

rfed32
10-19-2012, 11:46 AM
i am looking into taking on some accounts that are in the city most lots are 13x60 was wondering what u think a good price is for these and for the guys that do work in the city what kind of set up do u run?? i was thinking about just putting 36" in the back of my truck with trimmer and blower and going that route.

zechstoker
10-19-2012, 08:47 PM
94 views and 0 responses... Not sure what's up with that, but I'll give my $0.02

That setup sounds about right. I see a number of LCO's doing this type of work around here that are running 36 WB's, and they're doing alright with that. As for pricing, I couldn't tell ya because the market here is going to be way different than it is there. Have you asked this question in the "network north" forum? That might be a better part of this forum to check with.

BOSS LAWN 2343
10-19-2012, 09:47 PM
Not going to throw numbers around BUT do keep in mind they have a budget.

Good luck.

ed2hess
10-19-2012, 10:06 PM
Fifteen dollars and don't mess with trying to get a 36" machine in your truck just use simple 21".

lawnkingforever
10-19-2012, 10:13 PM
Fifteen dollars and don't mess with trying to get a 36" machine in your truck just use simple 21".

Yep, not worth fighting with a 36", a pushmower is all you need. I would love to sell all of my high dollar equipment and take on city lots. Stick edger, trimmer, handheld blower, pushmower in the bed of a pick up. The smaller the lot the higher the profit even more if you can group them together.
Posted via Mobile Device

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping
10-20-2012, 11:56 AM
I do 80% of my mowing accounts with the 36'', 20% each for the 48'' and 21''. A couple of the 36'' yards you might be able to use the 48'' on, but I don't like fighting a large mower in a smaller space and IMO the smaller yards look better striped with the 36''. I love the smaller lawns, better margins. I have a few lawns, about 1K sq ft, that I charge my $20 minimum for. A couple of those 1k lawns I just do with the trimmer, takes longer to get parked than doing the lawn! The remaining small yards are at $30 average and are less than 5k sq ft.

nnusskern
10-20-2012, 09:02 PM
I agree just use a 21 inch. I have done alot of city yards with my neighbor who owns a bunch of rental properties. and on some of the properties a 21inch is tight i can not even imagine using a 36.
Posted via Mobile Device