PDA

View Full Version : Wright parts availability.

Mark Lawncare
10-19-2012, 08:27 PM
I recently purchased a 2009 48" rapid height stander. It is a great mower that has a leaky hydro tank vent cap. The only way to fix it was to order a whole new hydro tank as the one provided from the factory was faulty and was not addressed by the previous owner. The replacement was ordered on 10/15/12 and won't be at the dealer until 10/26/12, that is two weeks. Is this typical for Wright parts? I can't imagine waiting this long for other parts and will never buy a new Wright mower if this is how long it takes for parts to arrive. Thank you for any insight.

Florida Gardener
10-19-2012, 09:00 PM
Does this dealer carry wright?
Posted via Mobile Device

WJC
10-19-2012, 09:16 PM
Whenever I have ordered parts through my local wright dealer, he has always had them within a week. And he's barely a wright dealer, he doesnt keep any mowers in stock.

Mark Lawncare
10-19-2012, 09:49 PM
Yes they are a Wright dealer. Maybe this part is taking longer because it is a revised version of the original hydro tank? Not sure just hope other parts don't take so long.

Florida Gardener
10-20-2012, 01:06 PM
Yes they are a Wright dealer. Maybe this part is taking longer because it is a revised version of the original hydro tank? Not sure just hope other parts don't take so long.

Hmm not sure then. Might just be a part that isn't stocked much vs an air filter or fuel filter...
Posted via Mobile Device

Mark Lawncare
11-07-2012, 04:49 PM
Just to update, the new hydraulic tank has not arrived. I called Wright and they didn't offer much of an explanation. Something about factory backorder, another way of saying they don't have it. How it can take this long (almost one month) to get a hydraulic tank is beyond me. My next stand on mower will most likely be a Scag V-Ride.

WJC
11-07-2012, 05:37 PM
Wow, still no tank. This seems out of the ordinary for them. My experience on getting parts has always been fast. I would be pissed too though. Maybe the EXPO tied them up.

Mowingman
11-07-2012, 10:04 PM
They don't seem to have anyone monitering, and responding to posts on this forum either. Maybe they are too busy sucking up to J.D., now that they are building mowers for them.

WrightCommercial
11-08-2012, 05:40 PM
Mark Lawncare,

We manufacture the tanks in house and use them everyday in production. Give us a call directly (301-360-9810) so we can get the dealer information and find out why the dealer has not gotten a tank. We will ship directly to the dealer if we have to to get your mower taken care of. I could understand a backorder for a vendor supplied part but not one we manufacture.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.

Mark Lawncare
11-08-2012, 07:02 PM
Thank you for the reply. I talked to the dealer (Norfolk Power Wrentham MA) they have been in contact with your people and have been told it is on factory back order. I believe the part number is: 95420005

The service bulletin number was #092

Link to service bulletin:

https://purchase.wrightmfg.com/user_images/1/Service_Bulletins/092%20Hydro%20Tank%20Upgrade%20Kits._1247147199.pdf

WrightCommercial
11-09-2012, 09:41 AM
Mark Lawncare,

Looking into why the delay in the part shipping happened, the hydro tank is shipping today and is going directly to the dealer.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.

Mark Lawncare
11-13-2012, 02:18 PM
Thank you. The part arrived at the dealer on: 11/10, 29 days after I ordered it.

Mark Lawncare
11-13-2012, 03:42 PM
I am attempting to instal the tank today. I noticed it sounded like there was something inside it. So I put a magnetic pick up tool down the filler hole and found many fragments of metal. I seem to be able to pull some out each time I put the tool in the tank. Is there any way you could send me a tank that does not contain metal fragments? Or do they all after being manufactured? I tried to call you directly just now but no one picked up.

Mark Lawncare
11-13-2012, 03:46 PM
here is what I am talking about, hope this picture works.

WrightCommercial
11-13-2012, 05:31 PM
Mark Lawncare,

I struggled with the metal shavings since the parts are laser cut but suspect the pickup tubes (which are cut) to be the source of the material. The filter is the first stop so it is unlikely to cause a problem but understand the hesitation in using the tank, if you want a new tank we can send another. We weren't able to answer the phones earlier due to a small fire which caused us to not be able to be in the building for most of the day.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.

Mark Lawncare
11-13-2012, 07:34 PM
Sorry to hear about the fire, hope all is well.

I am interested in a new tank. I really don't want to knowingly introduce metal shavings into the hydro system regardless of where the filter is. Would a new tank be free of metal shavings?

WrightCommercial
11-14-2012, 12:35 PM
Mark Lawncare,

Special attention will be paid to the replacement tank to find the potential contamination culprit, the tank parts are cleaned before welding and only one cut tube is used which is the likely culprit. The tank will get tested after each weld step. We can ship to the dealer again or directly to you, if you want it to go to you directly call us (301)-360-9810 so we can get a shipping address.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.

Mark Lawncare
11-15-2012, 11:49 AM
I just got the tank in the mail. Thank you for the prompt shipping. However this tank still has metal fragments in it. A few less than the the first tank but enough of them that you can pull some out with a magnet. Did you check this before you sent it? All I did was shake the tank after I opened the box and new there was something inside. Is there a way you can clean a tank before sending it? Should I just put it on and hope it doesn't ruin a $500 dollar hydro pump? Like you said earlier the filter is the first stop so maybe I will just start putting my spare change in the tank as well.

Mark

Mark Lawncare
11-15-2012, 06:16 PM
Had a chat with Ed Wright today. Seemed very informative and in the know. He did mention that the filter was a 10 micron filter and when I just looked at it it said 25 micron. His argument for the metal shavings not being a big problem was basically that the 10 micron filter would take care of them. Do I have the wrong filter?

WJC
11-15-2012, 07:04 PM
Had a chat with Ed Wright today. Seemed very informative and in the know. He did mention that the filter was a 10 micron filter and when I just looked at it it said 25 micron. His argument for the metal shavings not being a big problem was basically that the 10 micron filter would take care of them. Do I have the wrong filter?

My sentar sport is an RH mower and should have the same hydro system as your mower, mine uses a 25 micron filter.

Mark Lawncare
11-15-2012, 07:30 PM
I think you are right WJC. Lets hope the 15 micron difference doesn't result in metal dust and shavings getting in the pumps. At this point in my experience with Wright I am not surprised Ed Wright didn't know what kind of filter came with the mower.

WJC
11-15-2012, 07:45 PM
Bill Wright is the owner/founder of the company, not sure who Ed is. Maybe his son? But I think you'll be okay with the shavings, I cant see them going past the filter and I'm sure they assemble them that way when they're building new mowers too.