PDA

View Full Version : RAIN!!!!!!!!!

Cutter1
08-18-2000, 04:10 PM
I'm sick of rain. I know I shouldn't be complaining, but I'm allowed. We cut one yard today before the rain came and it never left!! Its august, but the grass is growing like april!! No offense to the guys in texas, but I'm sick of rain.

bob
08-18-2000, 04:18 PM
Cutter, I got rained out Monday and today. I'd rather be a day behind from rain, than in a drought situation like last year. Don't worry, You"ll catch up this weekend!

Jerrys Lawn Service
08-18-2000, 04:28 PM
Cutter1, You're not alone I only got 3 yards done this
afternoon (after some morning showers, just enough to screw
it up) the last yard in a down pour! It'll just make
tomorrow more interesting,HA HA.

Good Luck!
jerryslawnservice@home.com

Barkleymut
08-18-2000, 05:21 PM
The last 2 years have been drought city, but this year the rain has been unreal. Most of my lawns are soggy and have been that way for months. Hell you could have seeded a lawn in July and it would look great now.

richard2
08-18-2000, 05:28 PM
i am done early and did all my houses in the rain....it's easy- don't use a rotary mower....they suck in the rain....use a power reel. in seattle we only get 2 months (in a good year) of dry weather....reels will pick up every bit of grass and do it very well....sometimes an old way of doing things is better

greenflag
08-18-2000, 06:45 PM
Please send the rain to Texas. It is no fun mowing dry grass.

MOW ED
08-18-2000, 06:49 PM
Ditto for the Spring like growth here in N.E. Wisconsin. We seem to be much luckier - it rains at night. We are 6" above normal for the year and I had to bag almost all of my accounts this week.
I hope it slows a little but I can't complain about the paycheck.

SKDCO
08-18-2000, 06:53 PM
Please let us have rain. If anyone could,, Would you do a rain dance for East Tennessee. I would appreciate it

cuttin
08-18-2000, 06:56 PM
The rain's been tough to deal with in NJ.Hard to stay on schedule and makes for hard cuts, but the lawns look great and the money's great too!

SJR Lawncare
08-18-2000, 07:35 PM
The rain has been very abundant here in central Md. too. Big difference from last year. Anyway, I'll take it. Bring it on!!!
SJR Lawncare

Charles
08-18-2000, 07:47 PM
They had an article in the paper the other day. A meteoroligist say they have no idea why the north is getting so much rain. They are going to study it they say. We are back to dry hot humid weather. Heat index of 103 yesterday. Just a week of heat like this is killing the grass again after we had all that nice rain. Well I made the most of what we did have

cuttin
08-18-2000, 07:51 PM
Hey SJR- notice many mushrooms this year?

SJR Lawncare
08-18-2000, 08:12 PM
Cuttin, Yes I have seen quite a few mushrooms, alot of big white ones, & a few small skinny grey ones. They make me want to stop for a pizza!!
SJR

cuttin
08-18-2000, 08:17 PM
Mmmm,pizza.

RYAN
08-18-2000, 08:57 PM
I got rained out yesterday myself. I had to bag nearly all my lawns today and the bed of my truck is busting at the seems there is so much grass in there. Better wet than dry though.

thelawnguy
08-18-2000, 10:00 PM
I too am sick of all the rain. Since July 25 there has been only five rain-free days.

On the plus side, I have mowed as much so far this year as all of last year. On the downside, from now til the end of September is the height of hurricane season, and with the ground so saturated when one hits you can bet there will be many uprooted trees.

I usually count on a break this time of year when the dry season comes, but lacking that I am taking a break anyways; no work next week. I will catch up the following week, one way or another. Two customers have expressed their displeasure, but too bad; for $30 a cut its not worth me worrying about them.