PDA

View Full Version : Min ex Torrent mulchers

AWJ Services
10-22-2012, 11:21 AM
Anyone have any experience with them. They make one for my size machine that looks promising.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnxIl8xtxd0

This video is a KX161 and the first tree is a 6 inch poplar.

4 seasons lawn&land
10-22-2012, 07:20 PM
nice I have a 161 but finding enough work to justify spending as much on one of those as a real nice chipper costs might not happen. Thought I saw $20k, is that what they go for? 8-10 would be more realistic to me. I could see myself buying a mower for the mini one day. It seems like theres a narrow window of what that would work for. A 50 size machine wont do big trees and mulchers dont do as well with brush and grasses as a cheaper mower attachment does. Maybe Im missing something.

AWJ Services
10-22-2012, 08:03 PM
nice I have a 161 but finding enough work to justify spending as much on one of those as a real nice chipper costs might not happen. Thought I saw $20k, is that what they go for? 8-10 would be more realistic to me. I could see myself buying a mower for the mini one day. It seems like theres a narrow window of what that would work for. A 50 size machine wont do big trees and mulchers dont do as well with brush and grasses as a cheaper mower attachment does. Maybe Im missing something.

A flail mower will be close to 10k and it will not mulch effedtivley. This will be 16k but it will mulch. I need it for clearing areas for septic systems. I am currently pushing everything into piles and it can sometimes be a pain. The thing looks pretty impressive in the video. The Torrent also uses bits that are more like a knife than a hammer so they cut vegitaion good. I have a rotary cutter and I have mowed and cut 100's of acres with it. That is not what I need and thats why I was looking at this mulcher.

4 seasons lawn&land
10-22-2012, 08:35 PM
sure, if you get into patches with many small trees then it makes sense. Thats cool about the hammer knives. Basically makes it a bad azz brush mower that will do larger stuff. Although I would think doing the heavier wood would wear the sharp bits out fast.