PDA

View Full Version : Bering truck opinions..

steveair
01-23-2003, 09:56 PM
Hello,

Does anyone know a whole lot about Bering trucks.

For some reason, there are a rash of brand new, 2000 year model mk26 trucks out there going for what seems a unbelievable price.

I've seen a 24 ft cab and chassis, with 5.9 cummins, 6 speed manual, ac, power everthing, air over hydraulic brakes, pto's, and a load of other stuff go in the range of 20,000-23000. That seems incredibly cheap for a brand new 25.5k gvrw truck. There is nothing even close to that price for its class.

Is there something wrong with these 2000 year trucks? It seems like one heck of a deal.

steve

Mowingman
01-23-2003, 11:56 PM
There are some new ones on E-Bay right now and it states that "parts are available". I believe I heard that Bering has pretty much thrown in the towel. If so, that is probably why the seller is making it known that parts are avail. don't really know anything about them.:confused:

Henry
01-24-2003, 02:47 PM
That company is out of business. I was thinking about getting one of thier trucks when my lease ended but they were already gone.

eslawns
01-24-2003, 04:17 PM
If they are out of business in the US, I'd stay away from them. As far as I know, only Daihatsu has pulled completely out of the US market, but you couldn't give one of their cars away.

Bering is Hyundai. Look into UD (Nissan), Mitsubishi, and Isuzu.

gslam88
01-24-2003, 11:04 PM
what I found

Bering, the company that was making and importing a line of Class 3-8 trucks in partnership with Hyundai, has suspended operations and is pursuing legal action against Hyundai for dumping them in favor of an alliance with DaimlerChrysler.

Bering Truck Corporation was the first new commercial truck manufacturer to come on the scene in more than 70 years. The chassis was manufactured by Hyundai, and American-made components (including a turbo-charged Detroit Diesel engine, an Allison transmission, a Spicer drive line, Lemmerz wheels, air conditioning compressor, alternator, starter and oil filter) were shipped to Hyundai's assembly line in Korea. The Bering truck was seen as a welcome addition to the commercial truck market. Too bad it became the sacrificial lamb in the struggle between two giants. N

from

http://www.reevesjournal.com/CDA/ArticleInformation/features/BNP__Features__Item/0,3815,61808,00.html

Pete