PDA

View Full Version : Things That an Employee Shouldn't Do to Impress the Boss:

Sprinkler Buddy
10-22-2012, 08:26 PM
Hey Leo, check this out as he shows his ability to pop a wheelie with my new ZTR. Putting him on the weed eater for 2 weeks stopped him from doing it again, in front of me anyways. lol

This happened years back, what sort of things have your guys impressed you with?

jc1
10-22-2012, 08:48 PM
They had a mishap was how they termed it. I was not impressed.

Sprinkler Buddy
10-22-2012, 09:02 PM
They had a mishap was how they termed it. I was not impressed.

Reminds me of the time they left a blower between the truck and trailer. lol It's funny now, not then. lol

"mishap", I can so see them explaining that mishap. lol

93Chevy
10-22-2012, 09:08 PM
One of our trimmers is bent because the guy had it between the handlebars of the mower, but forgot it wouldn't fit width-wise into the enclosed trailer gate.

alldayrj
10-22-2012, 09:33 PM
A couple weeks ago my guy thought he would put a wheelbarrel over the side of my truck instead of in the back. The tail gate was already open. He picks it up, stumbles, and drops it on the bedside then it slides down the whole back removing the paint nicely.

Also a couple years ago a different guy ran a wheelbarrel under the tailgate of my old truck which was already down removing lots of paint.

Same guy used to drive my dump truck. We had a big pile of broken concrete in the road and he pulls up in the c70. I fill it up with skid and tell him to hurry and go dump so i can load it again. He hops in, lets the clutch out and rolls up to the pile of concrete. I'm still in the skid and can't believe my eyes as he backs up then gasses it and launches the truck up and over the pile landing squarely on the gas tank. Took an hour to break it out from under the truck and luckily he didn't crack to tank.

Its an awesome new adventure every day
Posted via Mobile Device

zak406
10-22-2012, 11:43 PM
One of our trimmers is bent because the guy had it between the handlebars of the mower, but forgot it wouldn't fit width-wise into the enclosed trailer gate.

I actually did this once haha o wekl
Posted via Mobile Device

ACA L&L
10-23-2012, 01:04 AM
just today the guys came back to the shop. I ask them How did it go, any problems, issues, everything all good..............yeah, yeah all good.....oh wait no uhm jesus bumped a tree today on the walker at the HOA.....Oh ok lets take a look.........its cracked from the top to the bottom and at the front????if you smack a tree with the walker the damage is on the side not the front. I was on call with the company we use for collecting late pay accounts so i couldnt deal with it but tomm am will be fun. Its always interesting to hear the story they come up with when they decide to tell you a lie about what happened.

Dugann
10-25-2012, 12:00 PM
I had a guy that parked in front of a stump, after mowing the the property the crew got into the truck and started drive away to the next job. The problem was that they forgot that there was a stump in front of them. The stump abruply reminded them where they parked as the truck passed over it. I also reminded them when they called and said boss we have a problem.

DanaMac
10-25-2012, 10:09 PM
One employee hit a 3'-4'concrete footer/column in a parking lot that was for a light post that wasn't installed yet. Smashed up the front quarter of the truck.
Another employee stopped at a construction site to use the porta potty. When he took off in the truck, he didn't see the green T post. It went in the side of the extra cab, and out the back of the cab. Nice hole. Eventually sold him the truck.

93Chevy
10-25-2012, 10:20 PM
Just had a guy yesterday turn the truck with the tailgate down into his V-nose trailer. How nice.

Matt_MapleHill
10-27-2012, 02:11 AM
pull perennials when i told him to pull weeds.

cpllawncare
10-28-2012, 11:20 PM
Brings the truck in nice and clean at the end of the day, ask how everything went, replies great but I didn't have time to finish the route.

bob
10-29-2012, 11:06 AM
My guy put the blower on the railer rack & didn't put the pin in. At the next stop all I had was a blower tube on the trailer. I did get the blower back. And I always check for the pins in place.

BPS##
10-29-2012, 11:31 AM
Its always interesting to hear the story they come up with when they decide to tell you a lie about what happened.

Interesting isn't the word that comes to my mind, what comes to mind is another word that also starts with i.

Infuriating is more like it.

I can handle the truth. BS is what makes me violently ill.

Like one day the walker comes back with the blades all serrated edged....... it was OBVIOUS the operator ran over a whole lot of rocks. I was told "I hit one or two".
BS, a whole lot of rocks got mowed, in less than 4 hours more wear was put on the blades than I put on in 2 or 3 days.

nobagger
10-29-2012, 11:49 AM
Here I thought I was just about the only company who had issues! How about just being lazy as hell. As I walk past them with a wheel blower he just sluff's along with a back pack blower just doing nothing. Or, during an interview they accept a phone call AND KEEP TALKING!!! Or just doing stupid things like dumping fuel all over our best and nicest property's driveway. We're starting from scratch with guys next year and they all have to go through a training program and just about done with a re-vamped employee hand book that holds them accountable for damage by doing stupid things.

BPS##
10-29-2012, 11:53 AM
Here I thought I was just about the only company who had issues! How about just being lazy as hell. As I walk past them with a wheel blower he just sluff's along with a back pack blower just doing nothing. Or, during an interview they accept a phone call AND KEEP TALKING!!! Or just doing stupid things like dumping fuel all over our best and nicest property's driveway. We're starting from scratch with guys next year and they all have to go through a training program and just about done with a re-vamped employee hand book that holds them accountable for damage by doing stupid things.

If I was doing an interview and that happened......... unless it was a serious family emergency...... I would thank the guy for coming and end the interview.
That is highly disrespectful.