PDA

View Full Version : ipad/amp tester

TimNNJ
10-23-2012, 09:48 AM
Hey does anyone use the ipad or laptop for estimates and what not..pictures, videos...I just bought one...so I can sit in front of the people house and do the estimate right there...show them pictures..and hopefully close the sale right there...any useful apps or programs?..

side note what is your best method for measuring amps...?...

postcards should be out in the next day or two...lawn signs are hitting the streets this week as well..

dstifel
10-23-2012, 10:38 AM
Invoice2go and service vine

GreenI.A.
10-23-2012, 06:33 PM
I love using my iPad on sales calls. We can bring up a folder filled with pictures of simular jobs and the customer can scroll through on there own. I still do all the day to day work on my laptop though.

addictedtolandscaping
10-24-2012, 05:39 AM
I had been considerring an I pad as well for this year, but I can't figure out the I phone for the most part, LOL.

To test amps, pick up an appliance amp tester. Plug it into your power source, then plug your piece into it, you got it right there on a screen. Push a button and now you have watts as well.

About 25 bucks at ho,e depot or something like that.

TimNNJ
10-26-2012, 05:17 PM
right on..I went to a client that wanted to add on..brought the laptop..ipad...internet hot spot..went to show her distributors catalog online..and it froze..gave a catalog and that was that..she didn't mind but I was furious...