PDA

View Full Version : anybody out there have or use the perm-a-green ride on spreader

ant
08-18-2000, 05:50 PM
any of you own or use the perm-a-green ride on spreader.

accuratelawn
08-18-2000, 10:27 PM
I sure Lazer has one. I sent for info. the other night.

lawrence stone
08-18-2000, 10:47 PM
How about a 48" toro with a jrco spreader for $1500?

Add your own sulky and 15 gal spray tank.

bob
08-18-2000, 11:48 PM
I've got the video tape that they sent me. It looks fun to ride. Even if your not putting fertilizer down. I think it costs about $4000.

ant
08-19-2000, 06:08 AM
thanks guys i bought one in june 2000 and it is working out well. am looking for members of this forum that i can start a discussion with about maint.,spray matt., etc...
thanks anthony

jaclawn
08-19-2000, 09:55 PM
Anthony- How do you like that thing? I just recently bought their add on sprayer kit for a wb spreader. I like the kit, seems to be a huge timesaver compared with backpacking.

I may be in the market for the ride on in a year or two. Let me know how you like it.

ant
08-19-2000, 11:32 PM
JACLAWN:CHECK OUT MY REPLY ABOUT THE RIDE ON AT MY GRASS SEED POST. (I POSTED ATHE REPLY ON THE WRONG POST)

jaclawn
08-20-2000, 08:16 AM
Anthony wrote in another post:
JAC: THE RIDE ON WORKS WELL. I FERTILIZE PART TIME (I WORK 7-3 M-F
AT A PLANT )I HAVE 125 + ACCOUNTS. LARGEST 95,000 SF,SMALLEST 2200
SF ALMOST 100 % I RIDE. IT TOOK 1 HR. TO GET USE TO IT AND ABOUT 20
LAWNS TO GET THE HANG OF IT.
WELL BUILT,NOT MUCH TO GO WRONG. THEY ARE GREAT (SO FAR) AT THE
MAIN OFFICE. FOR ME IT IS WORTH 4000 FOR IT. I CANT BELEIVE THAT I
DID WITH OUT IT ALL THIS TIME. THE ONLY DRAW BACK IS I HAVE NOT
FOUND ANY FUNGICIDE THAT I CAN SPRAY OUT OF IT. AND I PUT ON 10
LBS..MOST LIQUID BROADLEAF WEED CONTROLS WORK WELL,BUT WHEN I
SPRAY IT GETS ON MY LEGS. (I AM GOING TO HAVE A DRAPE MADE).

WHAT PRODUCTS DID YOU SPRAY OUT OF YOUR WALK BEHIND UNIT?

I have been running Momentum at the rate of 6oz per gallon. I haven't been back to any of the areas I treated to check on results yet. Hope to pass by today or tommorow. I would have liked to run a fingicide through it as well. I checked with Perma Green, and they told me that they didn't ever use them through it, but didn't know why one couldn't. I will have to check on availability of products.

I don't have any problems with the spray getting on my legs. Feet are a different story, rubber boots are a must.

Do your nozzles drip for a few seconds after stoping the spray? Mine do, and it lands right on the spreader tires. I don't think that it is a huge deal, but with running hot mixtures?

Did you get the optional hitch mount carrier for the unit? It looks like the way to go, no trailer, keep material in back of truck.

ant
08-20-2000, 11:55 AM
JCLAWN: MINE DRIP NOW AND THEN WHEN IT DOES I CLEAN THE NOZZEL RUBBER GASKET. THE HITCH MOUNT IS NICE.
THE PROBLEM WITH FUNIGICIDES IS THE GAL PER 1000 SF OF H20.
IT PUTS OUT 16 OZ/1000. VERY LITTLE. I TRYED TO CHANGE NOZZELS NO LUCK.

E-MAIL ME YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS
ANTHONY