PDA

View Full Version : Great Ideas From Pros In The Green Industry

Sprinkler Buddy
10-25-2012, 04:21 PM
Many of us Pros have had at-least one great idea that would make our job a little easier. What's some things you all have come up with? Please don't share your idea if you ever plan on trying to get it patented.

"You didn't invent the internet because I did." LOL

zechstoker
10-25-2012, 05:01 PM
Are we talking innovative ways of getting something done, or inventions we've come up with to boost productivity?
Posted via Mobile Device

Sprinkler Buddy
10-25-2012, 05:04 PM
Either one, I might learn something that could help me with my lawn service.

GravelyWalker
10-25-2012, 07:25 PM
I would like to see some diy stuff on here. I am planning on taking an old walker and turning it into a compost spreader. Anyone build some of there own gizmos to make life easier?

zechstoker
10-26-2012, 12:36 AM
Aside from modifying my truck bed and rack setup to hold more equipment, I haven't come up with any inventions that assist in the green industry. We, as a company, have made some devices to make a couple tasks of pest control easier, but I'm not at liberty to expand on that at this time.
Posted via Mobile Device

SRT8
10-26-2012, 12:55 AM
I read a post on here a while back that an LCO uses bagged mulch/bark instead of buying it from a landscape supplier by the yard. He would buy like 5 pallets at a time for big jobs. He said it was a lot faster.

Well i was so curious as to if it would work or not.
So i bought an entire pallet of black bark. It costs about $8 more per yard if you buy bagged but Oh my god my guys flew threw that stuff!!!!!!

It was sooo worth it and from now on i will only buy bagged mulch. 2 guys spread 4 yards of bark in an hour and they had to run up stairs to get to the area where it was going to be spread.
Simce there is no shoveling involved you are able to move bark twice as fast. Definantly recomend it. I think its funny because over here i CA i have never seen it done like that.
Posted via Mobile Device

ACA L&L
10-26-2012, 11:20 AM
I read a post on here a while back that an LCO uses bagged mulch/bark instead of buying it from a landscape supplier by the yard. He would buy like 5 pallets at a time for big jobs. He said it was a lot faster.

Well i was so curious as to if it would work or not.
So i bought an entire pallet of black bark. It costs about $8 more per yard if you buy bagged but Oh my god my guys flew threw that stuff!!!!!!

It was sooo worth it and from now on i will only buy bagged mulch. 2 guys spread 4 yards of bark in an hour and they had to run up stairs to get to the area where it was going to be spread.
Simce there is no shoveling involved you are able to move bark twice as fast. Definantly recomend it. I think its funny because over here i CA i have never seen it done like that.
Posted via Mobile Device

I know we came across this nugget by accident really........Guy that sells mulch bul;k was outta town, son didnt show up to his lumber chipping facility(i swear he has equipment run off one machine, its crazy, they just move it from one thing to the next like back in the day same thing that washed clothes did something in barn...anyhoo. alot cleaner, easy to see whats what as you plop bags

()()I want to be clear, I am not original poster about buying bagged mulch just adding a story..

dstifel
10-26-2012, 04:21 PM
I did a mulch job all along a parking lot about 10 yards. Had one guy ride in the back of my truck and throw bags out as i drove along very slowly one guy spreading. Then i would head to get more mulch he would jump out and help spread. Working right across the street from a Lowes so it worked great. Im betting it cut our time in almost half.

Spring Valley Lawn Service
10-26-2012, 11:40 PM
Wat about blades with brushes on them for walkers to clean parking lots. Maybe I should try that and patent it.

Sprinkler Buddy
10-27-2012, 12:07 AM
Wat about blades with brushes on them for walkers to clean parking lots. Maybe I should try that and patent it.

That's an interesting idea and one I wouldn't have shared. LOL This time next year or if not before, they'll have them on the market. :-)

zechstoker
10-27-2012, 01:09 AM
A while back I had an idea that I wanted to make a hedge trimmer with a vacuum system attached to it so that the clippings would be collected soon as they're cut. Then I found out today that someone already created such a tool a couple years ago, and was selling it as an "as seen on tv" product for $100. So much for that... I suppose I could still design my own, but someone might try to sue me for stealing their idea. http://youtu.be/K6uYFihkZ2U

Sprinkler Buddy
10-27-2012, 09:52 AM
A while back I had an idea that I wanted to make a hedge trimmer with a vacuum system attached to it so that the clippings would be collected soon as they're cut. Then I found out today that someone already created such a tool a couple years ago, and was selling it as an "as seen on tv" product for $100. So much for that... I suppose I could still design my own, but someone might try to sue me for stealing their idea. http://youtu.be/K6uYFihkZ2U

Their infomercial has run here for a few years. They demonstrate it being used on shrubs that are already perfectly shaped, you can't even tell they are trimming anything. :-) I think they even have them in the box stores here now, I have a feeling most would be disappointed when they try it themselves.