PDA

View Full Version : NGK and Champion plugs

cuttin
08-18-2000, 07:45 PM
I have been using NGK plugs in my equiptment.Anyone notice a huge advantage to using NGK as opposed to Champion?

GrassRoots Lawn Care
08-18-2000, 08:40 PM
Recently replaces the NGK in our ECHO back pack blower with a Champion, runs smoother and quieter, seems to go through less gas but that could be me. It'll take a few weeks to tell.

Barkleymut
08-18-2000, 08:41 PM
No difference at all. The only plug I think is better is the Bosch +4 that I have in my truck. I could feel the slight power increase and the fuel increase has been about 2% but thats it.

Keith
08-18-2000, 09:31 PM
I think Champion plugs are much improved over what they were a few years back. I used to run NGK exclusively, but I see little difference in the two. I had a Champion in my oldest Shindaiwa T230 (came with it). I have replaced it one time....it's almost 3 years old. :D

SKDCO
08-18-2000, 10:59 PM
I haven't noticed any diff but I do prefer the NGK's, I use them in all of my equipment and vehicles.

Runner
08-18-2000, 11:51 PM
AC

BUSHMASTER
08-19-2000, 01:06 AM
Here is the truth... 13 years in the parts industy...... whent to several different plug factories.........champion supplies ac with certian plug numbers and visa versa. no lie .... look for price .......AND MOST OF ALL CORRECT HEAT RANGE THIS IS THE KEY......the only time brand name really comes into play is when dealining with a race engine on a dyno...then you can see a 1 or 2 hp dif..but that a whole nother storie

milike
08-28-2009, 01:35 PM
I have been using NGK plugs in my equiptment.Anyone notice a huge advantage to using NGK as opposed to Champion?

I believe NGK are far superior to champion, in small engine equiptment.

them split fire are good either for samll engine. :walking:

grassman177
08-28-2009, 01:57 PM
ngk here, had better life out of them. echo comes with them so we use them

pugs
08-28-2009, 02:42 PM
Champion all the way. Running bad, strange spark issues...check the plug, oh its an NGK. Put a Champion in it, problem fixed.

I have had some Honda's in the shop for servicing, take the plug out to check it. Looks good, gap is good. Put it back. Starts fine. Give it back to the customer...they come back in a few days with a bad plug. After that I see an NGK I dont put it back.

Had it happen on a few brand new Honda engines too. Right out of the box with faulty NGK plugs in them.

Tanaka Backpack blowers too. TBL-7800's. Intermittent running problems within days or weeks of selling them. Pop in a Champion, problem gone. These suck cause its a funky little 8 dollar plug.

4.3mudder
08-28-2009, 08:24 PM
Same to me, I use them both, whatever they have on the shelf or behind the counter.

topsites
08-28-2009, 08:40 PM
Yeah, I found a slew of Champion plugs for like 35 cents each, I now have well over 100 Champion spark plugs in stock.
If, on the other hand, the find I made had come in any other flavor, then the plugs I use wouldn't be Champions.

I also find, in addition to heat range, you got to be dang careful on the threaded part,
as some plugs drop into the cylinder space deeper than others.

Other than that, it would be nice if I could find double platinums on sale like that :laugh: