PDA

View Full Version : 10k postcards

TimNNJ
10-26-2012, 05:22 PM
They hit the streets today through tomorrow....I wacked them up between 5 towns in my area...I have about 20 -25 signs that went out today as well..may put some more out tonight...with this storm hitting us in a couple days I didn't want to have a good chunk out at once...anyone else have their postcards out yet?

newguy123
10-26-2012, 09:40 PM
They hit the streets today through tomorrow....I wacked them up between 5 towns in my area...I have about 20 -25 signs that went out today as well..may put some more out tonight...with this storm hitting us in a couple days I didn't want to have a good chunk out at once...anyone else have their postcards out yet?

Good for you man...way to be proactive. Are these for snow services?

TexasFire221
10-31-2012, 11:16 AM
My first round went out am an getting calls. Second round I believe just went out or is just bout ot og out. 3rd round always gets the most calls

TempleLawnCare
10-31-2012, 11:32 AM
Are you dealing with a company like ADVO that goes out in the mailers or the post office direct? Are they doing the printing and mailing? Also without going into your business or personal numbers, I would like to know what something like this costs. Thanks for any info, I hope it works out for you.

TexasFire221
10-31-2012, 11:40 AM
Are you dealing with a company like ADVO that goes out in the mailers or the post office direct? Are they doing the printing and mailing? Also without going into your business or personal numbers, I would like to know what something like this costs. Thanks for any info, I hope it works out for you.

Just go on their website and look. I just put in to mail to everyone in my county and its 5,200 addresses and it $752.00 plus $330.00 for the flyers. So for $1,100 I can send them to 5,200 homes and P.O. boxes. Think I might try this.

TempleLawnCare
10-31-2012, 11:51 AM
Wow, very cool. Thanks, I had no clue the usps website would have such indepth information. I have 7200 adresses for $1110 plus expenses. Only downside is those are just county residents, 90% of my money comes from vacation homes.

TexasFire221
10-31-2012, 12:03 PM
Wow, very cool. Thanks, I had no clue the usps website would have such indepth information. I have 7200 adresses for $1110 plus expenses. Only downside is those are just county residents, 90% of my money comes from vacation homes.

Sorry my last statement was for EDDM through the post office. I was responding to two threads and got them mixed up. As far as the post cards I already sent out they are through Holidynamics. I cant remember exactly how many I sent out but I think It was around 1500 and it cost me $1,800.

TimNNJ
10-31-2012, 12:54 PM
Damn for an extra 700 you can get 10k sent out on 8.5x11.
Mine went out last week. And of course sandy has messed that up. It's a mess around here no power back for at least 7-10 days as long as 20 or more days where we are. And my business line is down. Still have email thoughts with all the extra clean up and volunteering I'm hoping we can get her going for this Christmas season.

Sorry my last statement was for EDDM through the
post office. I was responding to two threads and got them mixed up. As far as the post cards I already sent out they are through Holidynamics. I cant remember exactly how many I sent out but I think It was around 1500 and it cost me $1,800.

TempleLawnCare
10-31-2012, 01:01 PM
I appreciate this thread, and hope your power and phone is restored sooner. Stay safe and warm.

TexasFire221
10-31-2012, 01:33 PM
Damn for an extra 700 you can get 10k sent out on 8.5x11.
Mine went out last week. And of course sandy has messed that up. It's a mess around here no power back for at least 7-10 days as long as 20 or more days where we are. And my business line is down. Still have email thoughts with all the extra clean up and volunteering I'm hoping we can get her going for this Christmas season.

Im pretty new to direct mail. Can you pick the demographics that its mailed to? Mine only go to incomes of $150,000+ and home values of $350,000+ i believe.

TempleLawnCare
10-31-2012, 01:51 PM
Texas, "just go to their website and look" here is the website I found, hope it helps.
https://www.usps.com/business/every-door-direct-mail.htm

TexasFire221
10-31-2012, 02:01 PM
[QUOTE=TempleLawnCare;4570228]Texas, "just go to their website and look" here is the website I found, hope it helps.
https://www.usps.com/business/every-door-direct-mail.htm[/

I know that, but that is different than the direct mail program I used. The USPS EDDM is EVERY door direct mail. Mine only go to certain homes, not the trailer park over behind the run down Exxon.

TempleLawnCare
10-31-2012, 02:08 PM
Gotcha....from what I was reading on their website you can pick your routes right down to the road, so I don't see why you couldn't target certain neighborhoods.

addictedtolandscaping
11-01-2012, 05:45 AM
I did the direct mail with Holidynamics also. For me, never again as it stands right now. Last year, nothing this year so far nothing. This is going to be a big decision year for me with regard to holiday lighting. Pretty much planning in closing the door f there is nothing new this year.

TheBetterDoorhanger
11-01-2012, 01:00 PM
Check out A'Deas Printing (www.adeasprinting.com) We do direct mail and also door hangers and flyers.. On the direct mail, we can do a basic list that you can choose by carrier routes and select homes, apartments, businesses, and/or trailers.. or for a little more you can get more specific with your search like choosing a specific income or home value.. I know right now we have a special for 5,000 for $.26 ea includes the printing, addressing and mailng (it does not include the mailng list) this special is for the basic carrier route mailing, but we can adjust the price if you want to get more specific. We have designers on staff that can help with any design if needed as well.
If you'd like any more information or some pricing let me know. My name is Glenda and my email is glenda@adeasprinting, or my number is 1-866-778-4254

PlantscapeSolutions
11-04-2012, 09:51 AM
If you want the best price on printing and mailing you need to deal with Cactusmailing.com. Adeas was 10 cent a card higher when I had them quote me for the same thing. Do not ever use the default mailing list from a direct mail place or the every door crap from the USPS. If your not hitting your target market your wasting a lot of money. I now use Info Group for my list and the results were much better.

I use 4x6 with color on both sides and great printing quality. The cost is 35 cents per at most. I target only $600K plus to multi million. Below that the budgets for lighting are mostly going to be bleak.

TimNNJ
11-04-2012, 10:17 AM
We are still without power..have a generator..mass destruction where I am..right down the street..helping deliver clothes, food and gas to people ...and it's getting down to the low 30's..sad scene around here...

but for the postcards..you can select the streets and neighborhoods..set up an acct with usps and mess around with it..you can zone down to street level..pick the routes you want..it's a little bit of a pain..but we did 10k in 3/4 of a day..if that...at .25 per card..glossy 8.5x11 both sides..printed and shipped..but whatever works for you ..cheers

If you want the best price on printing and mailing you need to deal with Cactusmailing.com. Adeas was 10 cent a card higher when I had them quote me for the same thing. Do not ever use the default mailing list from a direct mail place or the every door crap from the USPS. If your not hitting your target market your wasting a lot of money. I now use Info Group for my list and the results were much better.

I use 4x6 with color on both sides and great printing quality. The cost is 35 cents per at most. I target only $600K plus to multi million. Below that the budgets for lighting are mostly going to be bleak.

TexasFire221
11-06-2012, 09:39 AM

Thats all fine and dandy if you have homes worth that much in your target area. Homes in my area pretty much cap at $350,000

PlantscapeSolutions
11-06-2012, 09:56 AM
Thats all fine and dandy if you have homes worth that much in your target area. Homes in my area pretty much cap at $350,000

Other things I filter are the age of the homes. I want nothing older then 1990 for landscape & maintenance advertising. For holiday lighting we left off the age of the homes.

PTP
11-11-2012, 12:57 PM
I did the direct mail with Holidynamics also. For me, never again as it stands right now. Last year, nothing this year so far nothing. This is going to be a big decision year for me with regard to holiday lighting. Pretty much planning in closing the door f there is nothing new this year.

Something is wrong here. I also did a mailing with them. Last year, I got about 25K in work from the mailing - lots of estimates. This year, not one call. Something tells me that the post card never got all the way to the mail box.

PlantscapeSolutions
11-11-2012, 01:11 PM
Something is wrong here. I also did a mailing with them. Last year, I got about 25K in work from the mailing - lots of estimates. This year, not one call. Something tells me that the post card never got all the way to the mail box.

What type of incentive or deal did you guys put on your cards to try to get people interested? This year things may be getting off to a slow start. I have two jobs and about five calls so far.

I had one card and two HomeAdvisor.com leads yesterday.

PTP
11-12-2012, 09:26 PM
Well, I did get some calls today. They are a little slow still but at least I know the cards got out.
Posted via Mobile Device

PlantscapeSolutions
11-12-2012, 11:13 PM
Well, I did get some calls today. They are a little slow still but at least I know the cards got out.
Posted via Mobile Device

I got two calls from million dollar homes and one call from a 3 million dollar home today.

PlantscapeSolutions
11-24-2012, 01:35 AM
I'm at the five job mark and it looks to be six shortly. I have three to look at from the cards tomorrow.

TimNNJ
11-24-2012, 08:13 AM
I think this week will be the week ...97% of my rehangs..have a couple more I will follow up with...1 new ...a couple add ons...and follow ups to the estimates I have out there Monday..tis the season

TexasFire221
11-24-2012, 12:59 PM
I am really going to have to work on a custom card next season. Met with a new customer yesterday and she said she got two cards in the mail. The other guys was larger and I wish I could of seen it but she couldnt find it. I need to set myself apart and brand my business and im pretty sure the current cards im using isnt doing that.