PDA

View Full Version : Comments on Website

dklawncare
01-24-2003, 05:44 PM
I just got done redesigning my logo and web page...here is the link....www.dklawncare.com (http://www.dklawncare.com) ...any comments, tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hamons
01-24-2003, 05:53 PM
I like it!

It looks very well put together. I thought some of the text was hard to read -- the green on grey with the white shadows.

I think that it would benefit greatly from a few photos of lawns you have cut (or could cut if you don't have any pics) -- people like to see what there lawn could potentially look like!!!!

dklawncare
01-24-2003, 05:58 PM
yeah, thats one thing i forgot to mention...i now have a digital camera so i can take pics of some of my nicer lawns and put them in my gallery page, but right now the only picture i could take now is the snow outside (if i would have known it would have snowed this much in Nashville this winter I would have bought a plow!). I also am thinking about including an equipment page that shows all of my commercial equipment to ensure the customers that they are getting professional service. Good idea or not? And you weren't the only one who said the text was hard to read...i am going to go back and change it to another color. Appreciate the feedback!

E-man
01-24-2003, 07:26 PM
I noticed under your Professional Sevices were it says DKL uses the latest lawn equipment to give your the perfect look. I think you may be missing the word "lawn" after your.:)

Other than that I think it looks great.

gslam88
01-24-2003, 10:50 PM
I looked at it, and it looks pretty good.... I did get a good laugh out of the cartoon...

I also agree a little with hamon, the text coloring of green and gray could be hard to read....

just my .02... IMO

Pete

lawnagent
02-05-2003, 12:34 AM
Hey, I like it alot. You have put alot of thought into that site. The one Ive been building is a little more conservative. You have alot of good ideas like referals and senior discounts on there, it should bring you some business.

excel25
02-05-2003, 07:23 AM
Looks good, I think if you turn off the white shadows on the green print it would be easer to read. Good job...

PaulJ
02-05-2003, 10:40 AM
One thing (and this is just my opinion) is I don't like to have to scroll left to right when viewing a web sight. maybe that's just the way my computer is set up but any sights that make me do this bug me.

again just my personal feelings

Otherwise good layout and info.

dklawncare
02-11-2003, 12:08 AM
I agree...with my computer it looked fine. But then I looked at it with a friends computer who had a smaller resolution viewing screen and saw that it didn't look good. I totally redid the site...let me know any additional thoughts...also, i was wondering if anyone knew how to do a client login...thanks

Lawn-Scapes
02-12-2003, 12:20 AM
I think you should slow the scrolling down just a tad. Otherwise everything looks good.