PDA

View Full Version : Brick Patio

clayslandscape
10-27-2012, 11:33 PM
I have a customer that wants a round brick patio with a fire pit in the middle. I have done hardscaping but with only concrete fabricated pavers. So my question is would you do the entire patio brick as well was the sitting wall and the pit or would that be to much brick?
Would you possibly stone veneer the pit and wall? She wants it to match along with her house which is all brick..

If you all have any photos of completed brick jobs, please post.

GreenI.A.
10-28-2012, 01:03 AM
I don't like the look when the same material is used for walls and firepits as what is used for the patio. Even when I use two different materials I always use a different color for the patio than the walls/firepit. You need different materials and colors to define the area. Same as you wouldn't paint the walls, trim, floor, and cailing, of a room the same color.

DVS Hardscaper
10-28-2012, 07:24 PM
I have a customer that wants a round brick patio with a fire pit in the middle. I have done hardscaping but with only concrete fabricated pavers. So my question is would you do the entire patio brick as well was the sitting wall and the pit or would that be to much brick?
Would you possibly stone veneer the pit and wall? She wants it to match along with her house which is all brick..

If you all have any photos of completed brick jobs, please post.

"Brick" is what you typically use to veneer walls and such.

So when you say "brick" are you referring to clay pavers?

If so, it may not look bad at all with the pit and wall venerred. Many patios from the 60's and 70's were done this way.

SDLandscapes VT
10-29-2012, 08:18 AM
not our work, but a place we maintain--always have liked clay with bluestone

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/582541_505262579502327_2079605349_n.jpg