PDA

View Full Version : New to Ownership, Not to Landscaping

surfmotion
10-30-2012, 03:55 PM
Hi all,
I'm 29 years young and am just now deciding that I don't want to work for someone else anymore. I guess now is better than never, right? I have over 15 years of landscape maint. and some construction experience. I am motivated, extremely. I wake up thinking about how to improve my business plan and marketing strategies. Day dream of the perfect equipment setup I want to be running one day. And at night, I fall asleep reading "how to start a home-based Landscaping Business" by Owen E. Dell. (which is pretty good so far, amongst other landscape literature and of course "Lawnsite.com" ;) )

I just bought my first pick-up (2004 Chevy 2500hd CrewCab) and have all the basic tools and equipment needed. I have no customers. I just started advertising only a few weeks ago. I have had some bites and have done a couple estimates, but nothing concrete yet. But, I KNOW THAT I'M CAPABLE OF PROVIDING TOP-QUALITY WORK, and WHEN I'm given the opportunity to prove myself, I WILL. (<--- this is me being modest)

Just wanted to quickly introduce myself and let you all know that I have learned a lot from the various threads on this site and hope to learn/share LOTS more in the future!

Best,

Matt

MW LANDSCAPING

SRT8
10-30-2012, 04:01 PM
Good luck to you Matt.
You will land clients in no time; and when you do , keep them happy and that will lead to more clients.

If you have any questions there are a lot of us on here that are here to help.

surfmotion
10-30-2012, 09:29 PM
Thank you for the wise words, my man!

teamgreendude
10-31-2012, 09:25 PM
Hey dude have you read the book called "green side up" by Ed Laflamme? really good book with TONS of good stuff. I also read the book your currently reading and it really helped me so far.

surfmotion
11-01-2012, 06:36 PM
No I haven't, but I will... Thanks for the tip!
Posted via Mobile Device

meets1
11-02-2012, 08:42 PM
best of luck. Enjoy the new venture!

1ATony
11-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Welcome to the site.:waving: