PDA

View Full Version : Battery Operated Lawn Mowers

NcgOsh
10-30-2012, 05:17 PM
Hi Guys

I got Sir Walter Buffalo and looking for buying a Battery Powered Lawn Mower. I found two at Bunnings:

(1) Ryobi Cordless Lawn Mower RLM36 - $499

(2) Bosch Cordless Lawn Mower Rotak 37Li - $499

Which one is best between those two?

Thanks in advance.

NiMa

agrostis
10-31-2012, 10:02 PM
Are you sure you want a electric mower ? I think they are good for small lawn's only. They run out of juice fast and don't have much torque. Then again a gallon of gas in Australia might be outrageous, i don't know. It doesn't look like either mower is used much in the US.

http://www.google.com/search?q=bosch+rotak+37li&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&rlz=1I7GPCK_enUS320

http://www.google.com/search?q=ryobi+RLM36&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&rlz=1I7GPCK_enUS320

kawasaki guy
11-01-2012, 06:51 AM
Just buy a pro Snapper Hi-Vac with the briggs. You will never regret it.

Electric :nono:

Just a pros opinion.

Duekster
11-01-2012, 07:03 AM
Being a commercial mowing company, I am not sure Battery power is ready for our line of work. For a home Owner with a small sized lawn (up to 300 m≤) I think there is a place for these.

The reason I said that is to qualify my response as being relatively ill-informed.

Bosch is a quality company with great engineering so I would go with them.

It says there is 1,5 hours of life on that battery. I could use these units if I had about 8 sets of batteries.

If you do get one. Please post a follow up review. I am not familar with your Buffalo but if it is like ours, it is relatively thin and should not be too hard on the mower.

kawasaki guy
11-01-2012, 07:10 AM
Being a commercial mowing company, I am not sure Battery power is ready for our line of work. For a home Owner with a small sized lawn (up to 300 m≤) I think there is a place for these.

The reason I said that is to qualify my response as being relatively ill-informed.

Bosch is a quality company with great engineering so I would go with them.

It says there is 1,5 hours of life on that battery. I could use these units if I had about 8 sets of batteries.

If you do get one. Please post a follow up review. I am not familar with your Buffalo but if it is like ours, it is relatively thin and should not be too hard on the mower.

that,s what I said

Duekster
11-01-2012, 07:13 AM
that,s what I said

I do not recall you saying to go with the Bosch unit.

This is a homeowner assistance fourm and he is looking for a Battery option for Buffalo grass.

kawasaki guy
11-01-2012, 07:16 AM
I do not recall you saying to go with the Bosch unit.

This is a homeowner assistance fourm and he is looking for a Battery option for Buffalo grass.

But battery not holding up with pro unless you have 8 batterys.

Duekster
11-01-2012, 07:22 AM
But battery not holding up with pro unless you have 8 battery's.

I know but the OP is a Home Owner asking us for an opinion about two products. I would by a BOSCH over about anything. You gave him a rant about a gas fired unit.

Oddly enough, I asked my local Stihl dealer about their battery units. He said they were great performance units. Better then Gas.

The problem again is the battery. There are LCO's that market "green" services. The dirty secret is they likely have a gas generator on the truck charging batteries all day :laugh:

But that Generator is much cleaner than the mowers and hand helds.

kawasaki guy
11-01-2012, 07:24 AM
I know but the OP is a Home Owner asking us for an opinion about two products. I would by a BOSCH over about anything. You gave him a rant about a gas fired unit.

Oddly enough, I asked my local Stihl dealer about their battery units. He said they were great performance units. Better then Gas.

The problem again is the battery. There are LCO's that market "green" services. The dirty secret is they likely have a gas generator on the truck charging batteries all day :laugh:

But that Generator is much cleaner than the mowers and hand helds.

I never thought of that.

Nutsedge
11-20-2012, 07:05 AM
Battery powered mowers don't have any torque??? An electric motor will blow an I/C motor away in the TQ department. An electric motor has full TQ production at 0 RPM.
Posted via Mobile Device