PDA

View Full Version : Winter watering restrictions

minx
10-30-2012, 06:35 PM
Does commercial and residential have the same watering restrictions,
Do they both change this week.. Do we go down to once a week..

Greg78
10-30-2012, 06:55 PM
Where are you at? Around here the County/City sets the restrictions. Our's is twice a week.

williams lcm
10-30-2012, 06:59 PM
Yes, depending on your area everyone is required to water once a week(commerical or residental). Sat or Sunday watering only. This time of year you really don't need to water more than once per week.

minx
10-30-2012, 07:10 PM
it is at 2 days per week now.. I just thought when it went to winter daylight hours it changed back to once a week.. I cover a few counties.. orange, osceola and lake.. daylight hours change 4th november.. So I think I maya have to phone all counties.. last year we went down to the once a week schedule.. just dont want any customers getting violations. Gwen

Greg78
10-30-2012, 07:13 PM
it is at 2 days per week now.. I just thought when it went to winter daylight hours it changed back to once a week.. I cover a few counties.. orange, osceola and lake.. daylight hours change 4th november.. So I think I maya have to phone all counties.. last year we went down to the once a week schedule.. just dont want any customers getting violations. Gwen

You don't need the counties to tell you when to change. We do the same as Williams once per week.

Keith
10-30-2012, 10:01 PM
For St Johns water district

http://floridaswater.com/wateringrestrictions/

bugsNbows
10-31-2012, 08:36 AM
Per water mgt. district guidelines... back to once per week when the time changes (as mentioned earlier).

Ric
10-31-2012, 10:14 AM
Per water mgt. district guidelines... back to once per week when the time changes (as mentioned earlier).

Yep My Catch 22

My area of S W Fla is right on the line and has a Central Florida Water District which is more conservative than the more liberal S W Water District of the next town south of me.

Now the real issue here is my area has a Huge Fresh Water source that just pours into the Gulf of Mexico but we can't water because we are in the wrong district. BTW just two miles up the River from me is my county's Water plant that supplies 4 other counties.

minx
10-31-2012, 12:58 PM
I hVe st cloud city apparently staying on 2 days and orange county going to one (st johns catchment area). Still awaiting Osceola.. Which looks like there may be a possible divide.. Can't get toho website up.. So rang in aNd I am waiting with baited breath.

minx
11-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Os eola 2 x weekly.. So I fall into 3 different ones... St cloud having a commercial day and Osceola not having one.. So only my st John ones to alter.. Guess that's good really..

southernmower
11-06-2012, 07:26 PM
Here in Oviedo it depends on if you have a reclaimed water connection. If you don't , you're allowed 1 day per week (Saturday) during Standard Time. If you're using reclaimed water you're allowed 3 days per week (Monday, Wednesday, Saturday).