PDA

View Full Version : Leaf Loader Help

HobieDude
11-01-2012, 05:11 PM
We recently purchased a used Lesco 16hp debris loader to help us with some leaf removal in a 160 townhouse community. It has the swing away hitch and we are mounting it on the rear of our F550. The part that extends into the truck is 6" square and we need to extend it about 2 feet further into the truck. What are your suggestions?
We tried some flimsy roofing tin but it was quickly worn away. We need something a little stronger. Thanks for your expertise.

Ethanslawn
11-01-2012, 08:50 PM
a welding shop will do it cheap have them make is 6 inch at the top and have them weld on like a extension piece on the bottom 1-3 inches that slides over the loader and you will have to drill the holes if you search" leaf monster" by grasschoppers mine is posted on their i have the 16hp lesco and i mounted it on my trailer (no hitch mount). i might be able to get pics if you choose

HobieDude
11-02-2012, 07:23 AM
Thanks for your reply. I was thinking something like a round piece of hose or even a piece of pvc. It would have to be at least 9" in diameter to fit over a 6" square pipe. Would that work? What do others use?

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING
11-02-2012, 07:33 AM
The pvc trick does work,
But if you are going to use this set jp for a while go ahead and do it correctly. Shoot by a fabricators shop and have them extend it for you. In the long run you will be glad you did.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ethanslawn
11-02-2012, 08:15 AM
For my discharge shoot I used black ribbed 10" but I would be afraid to use it as an extension. for what it cost I agree with dependable it makes a big difference.
Posted via Mobile Device

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping
11-02-2012, 07:58 PM
I agree with the fab shop. I would have them make it so the extension can come off and on. Never know when the extension may be too long for some reason. When I bought my 2007, I had to add to the vertical section of the tube on my Billy Goat Loader. They actually make a extension that bolts on. I like it that way. If I want to use the 99 for a clean up I simply can unbolt the extension.

HobieDude
11-03-2012, 09:24 AM
It's at the end of the discharge chute where i need the extra length. I think I'll try the plastic 10" ribbed pipe first is I can find some.

Currinson
11-03-2012, 05:26 PM
I have seen guys use a traffic cone to extend, it is nice to use at the point where the hose enteres the box, it remains flexable. I mounted my vac on the top of my F350, it has been like that for 10 years, I would never do it any other way. We pull an enclosed trailer so I couldnt put it on the hitch, the swing out set up is a pain when dumping. Good luck, keep us posted. We start sucking up leaves this week, Had a small issue with carb on 16 HP Briggs, this gas is awful for small engines. what are you guys using for additives??

Kkane97
11-03-2012, 08:24 PM
I have seen guys use a traffic cone to extend, it is nice to use at the point where the hose enteres the box, it remains flexable. I mounted my vac on the top of my F350, it has been like that for 10 years, I would never do it any other way. We pull an enclosed trailer so I couldnt put it on the hitch, the swing out set up is a pain when dumping. Good luck, keep us posted. We start sucking up leaves this week, Had a small issue with carb on 16 HP Briggs, this gas is awful for small engines. what are you guys using for additives??
Do you have a pic of that set up???

Currinson
11-04-2012, 10:08 PM
I have posted some on this site already, I will try to locate them. It won't let me post the same file.

Kkane97
11-04-2012, 10:39 PM
Wow that is very cool! http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?p=4563475#post4563475

Currinson
11-05-2012, 08:34 PM
It works great. The vac is a 16hp lesco. I broke the shaft in our first engine a few years back and upgraded with electric start. It was a pain trying to start that thing with the recoil. I had it angled so I could pull it from the ground but still a pain. The electric start is awesome. Also modified and upgraded the exhaust after a small fire. I have had this design for 10 years and I am always looking for different Ideas. The back gate latches with the tail gate and has a tormenter pole mounted to the inside to hold the door open if needed. If you guys want any more pictures let me know.

McG_Landscaping
11-05-2012, 08:41 PM
Ive actually heard of using dryer vent pipe or stove pipe? ask Pressedun. he just did the same thing to his

HobieDude
11-09-2012, 07:25 AM
Update: we located a 2 foot section of 8" vacuum hose, slit the sides a little and slid it over the square discharge. We used 2 hose clamps to hold it on. There are gaps between the round pipe and square discharge but it seems to be working fine. Thanks for everyone's help.