PDA

View Full Version : not sure what to think

turf hokie
11-02-2012, 09:44 AM
When we are installing lights on houses that still don't have power....

Seems trivial with all that is going on around here to be installing lights but if we don't get them up we will never finish.
Posted via Mobile Device

addictedtolandscaping
11-02-2012, 07:00 PM
Must suck with all the pictures I have seen, but it is still a business that will be required. No way around it though, must be a gut wrencher.

turf hokie
11-02-2012, 08:59 PM
had a lady stop one of my guys on a job today and give him her thoughts on how inconsiderate we were for putting up Chrismtas Lights when so many people were without power.....

He nicely explained to her that it was his job and how he supports his family and that nothing would be turned on until after Thanksgiving....I think that made her more agitated....

On the flip side, made a sale today on a house without power and the Mrs. came out in a ski parka because her house was so cold from not having heat...she was laughing about it, sold her on 1,000 and gave me a credit card on the spot....so you never know...

addictedtolandscaping
11-03-2012, 05:38 AM
Sounds like you got a great employee there, able to deal with some half wit.

Congratulations on the new account! Hoping to get atleast one or two this year. If it is a repeat of last year, it will be my last year.

NY Landscape Lighting
11-03-2012, 07:08 PM
Same Here Bryan. Tried to do those with power thursday and Friday. This week we will have to go full out. Lifts are hard to rent with all the trees down too. New calls slowed alot too. Should make end of November fun. Now another storm predicted this week too. Good Luck

turf hokie
11-03-2012, 08:10 PM
Chris,
We are going all out Monday. We are already behind schedule. Had a customer turn us away today because there is no power, not sure how it matters all that much as we would check on them when power comes back on anyway.

I pushed off some advertising already. Hopefully this doesn't kill the season. Only have a 50% renewal rate right now.

If that nor'easter hits it's gonna suck.....

Good luck to you as well

TimNNJ
11-06-2012, 09:34 AM
I am in the same boat..all the power is out around here pretty much..I have had a few estimates ..a lot of folks went out of town once this hit..so far 50% rehangs...going to start those this weekend....my guys are out doing clean ups and final cuts this week..I have a feeling we are going to get slammed in a week or two..hope so..good luck everyone..