PDA

View Full Version : using the bathroom?

Surferbum21
11-02-2012, 07:29 PM
so i've done lawn care for 15 years and sometimes your on a jobsite and you nature calls. theres no jumping in the truck and running to gas station in time. So i've always cornered up to a side of house or fence way out of view of anyone seeing. well i have never minded my workers doing this as well. Apparantly my customer saw my guy put the trimmer down and walk to side of house so he followed him. my guy was tucked away peeing in the corner of the fence way down side of house where no one would have ever seen him. My customer was furious and his wife wanted to drop us immediately and not pay for service. I apologized over and over and tried explaining to him that we drink 2 gallons of water each a day and for one can't hold it sometimes and two i'm not stopping every 30 minutes each time a worker needs to pee.

What are ya'lls thoughts? I for one don't see a problem as long as they aren't flashing their weewee for kids or anybody to see. I assured the customer it would not happen again and just told my guys not to do it at that house anymore.

zechstoker
11-02-2012, 07:38 PM
Completely unacceptable if you ask me. I will and have left in the middle of a job when I gotta go that bad, and always go back to finish the work I was in the middle of. I had a guy working with me for a short time who "went" at a customer's house like your guy did. He wasn't fired over it, but he got his one and only warning.
Posted via Mobile Device

CHUCK'SLAWN
11-02-2012, 07:43 PM
It happens my guys water alot of bushes. If it's a place you cann't go anywhere there is a pee bucket in the enclosed trailer. Dump it out and rinse out bucket and your ready to go

KrayzKajun
11-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Thats why i love my limo tint on my truck or my enclosed trailer. Big mouth gatorade bottles are your best friend. I would never go in a customers yard.
Posted via Mobile Device

Patriot Services
11-02-2012, 07:44 PM
Bonus of enclosed trailer or heavy window tint. No way on a customers property. You never know who is looking out a window. UNPROFESSIONAL!
Posted via Mobile Device

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping
11-02-2012, 07:45 PM
Totally inexcusable!! I have an enclosed trailer. Part of the decision to buy an enclosed was the ability to take a leak.

RussellB
11-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Yup. Unprofessional. There are lots of places around here being built so I know where the porta johns are.

93Chevy
11-02-2012, 07:54 PM
You gotta be smart about where and when you go. If ANYBODY can see you, it's not worth it. And for crying out loud, the guy shouldn't have set his trimmer down. Carry it with you and leave it running. That way they think you're just on the phone or something and don't think anything of it. And never keep your hands at waist level unless you're "loading" or "unloading" the "package" so to speak. Lean against the wall to "take a load off," pretend you're on the phone, hands on the hips to make it look like you're surveying the situation or taking a quick rest. It's the movement down and back towards the fly that you have to be careful of. I've gone in the middle of the street in a truck wheel well. Nobody even looked at me because it just looked like I was resting my arms on the bed rails. And they didn't notice the stream of fluid

nobagger
11-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Thats why i love my limo tint on my truck or my enclosed trailer. Big mouth gatorade bottles are your best friend. I would never go in a customers yard.
Posted via Mobile Device

DIDO to everything! Very unprofessional imo. I had a guy who must have had the smallest bladder and every couple lawns he had to go, well one time he went behind some dumpsters that are right in the middle of some condo's we do and not two seconds later some female tenant came down with her trash so I had to do some interference. Ever since that we stated keeping our Gatoraide bottles. I definitely think women are more sensitive to this than men are but still....
Technically its a crime.

corey4671
11-02-2012, 08:02 PM
I have specific places on my routes where I know I can go. One is actually under a deck. There is a recessed wall in the house under the deck. No way anyone can see me. Other one is behind a neighbor's fence around the backyard. Last one is at the dead end of a neighborhood with some woods. Number one isn't my problem. It's number two. I guess I just have IBS...when it hits me, there's no holding it.

JB1
11-02-2012, 08:03 PM
sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

recycledsole
11-02-2012, 08:03 PM
You gotta be smart about where and when you go. If ANYBODY can see you, it's not worth it. And for crying out loud, the guy shouldn't have set his trimmer down. Carry it with you and leave it running. That way they think you're just on the phone or something and don't think anything of it. And never keep your hands at waist level unless you're "loading" or "unloading" the "package" so to speak. Lean against the wall to "take a load off," pretend you're on the phone, hands on the hips to make it look like you're surveying the situation or taking a quick rest. It's the movement down and back towards the fly that you have to be careful of. I've gone in the middle of the street in a truck wheel well. Nobody even looked at me because it just looked like I was resting my arms on the bed rails. And they didn't notice the stream of fluid

hahahaha

we are part of nature and we should be allowed to be natural. but if the customer is concerned (probably most are) then i wouldnt let them see you doing it.

OakNut
11-02-2012, 08:08 PM
The biggest mistake was trying to explain, or "rationalize" it to the client.
That would have ticked me off to have someone try to make excuses for their employee pi$$ing in my yard.

recycledsole
11-02-2012, 08:19 PM
That would have ticked me off to have someone try to make excuses for their employee pi$$ing in my yard.

i agree with oaknut

larryinalabama
11-02-2012, 08:25 PM
I plan on putting a camping potty in my box truck. Fortuniately Ive never been "caught peeing"

ztman
11-02-2012, 08:59 PM
I dont get mad when dogs do their business in my yard, but I would if a human was peeing on the side of my house. Would you want someone to pee on your home, especially in the bushes you may trim. Get some class, or a bucket

Patriot Services
11-02-2012, 09:30 PM
The scene from Me, Myself and Irene comes to mind. Squatting in the front yard, reading their paper an dropping a deuce.
Posted via Mobile Device

grasscutter24
11-02-2012, 09:33 PM
You should have told your customer that you wouldn't charge him for watering his shrubs for free!:laugh: When ya gotta go... ya gotta go. It would probably be better not to go that close to a customer's house. Behind a shed or in the woods next time!

greenstar lawn
11-02-2012, 09:40 PM
That's why it's nice to have an enclosed trailer. I buy a few 5 gallon buckets along with toilet seats to fit them. Works great and with the enclosed its private
Posted via Mobile Device

Spring Valley Lawn Service
11-02-2012, 11:36 PM
What if your wife walks out in your yard and caught a man with his pants down.

Surferbum21
11-02-2012, 11:43 PM
That's just the thing. my 4 man crew is running 4-6 yards per hour so we are never at a yard for more than 10-15 minutes. With 4 guys I'm not driving them to the gas station to piss every hour bc not all of them are going to go at the same time. Like I said we are drinking tons of water to stay hydrated. I have to pee once sometimes twice per hour. I'd easily lose over an hour just on pee breaks myself.

Maybe nobody quite understood. when we do pee it's in someones backyard on the very side of the house all the way down to the fence (peeing in the corner of the fence where absolutely no one would ever see our weiners. We always make sure there are no windows where someone might glance out and see us doing the deed. This guy just got curious and went out to check and went all the way around his house literally completely around the house to find him. Now had he been in the middle of the backyard peeing in his flowerbed and his wife looked out and could see him yah.

I guess i'm just a southern boy used to peeing off my back porch instead of the toilet.

chuacro
11-02-2012, 11:49 PM
Just use a big bottle in the truck and watch for people. You just got to watch out for those little old ladies that like to walk out to give you a check.

Surferbum21
11-02-2012, 11:51 PM

i looked at my original post. it did make it sound like i was making excuses to the customer. I meant that i kept apologizing over and over and said it would never happen again. The part where I was making my excuses was to all of you on here. i never said any of that to the customer. def smarter than that when a customer is pissed off about something. I always make sure they know i agree with them they are completely right and will not happen again. I guess i just think of it as if someone was at my house say working on my hot tub and had to pee i wouldn't give two shits if they went down on the side of the house and peed on the fence.

PTP
11-03-2012, 07:36 AM
I understand that when you gotta go, you gotta go. But keep in mind that if you get caught by the wrong person, you could wind up as a registered sex offender.

clydebusa
11-03-2012, 08:14 AM
Totally inexcusable!! I have an enclosed trailer. Part of the decision to buy an enclosed was the ability to take a leak.

Same here. Might install hose with a funnel on the end and have it drain under trailer. Not sure on this yet, but thinking on it.

scotts lawn care
11-03-2012, 08:42 AM
We use a homemade urinal I installed in the front of my enclosed trailer. = LIFESAVER!!

gcbailey
11-03-2012, 09:03 AM
catheter.... just walk and go, walk and go..... or those depends diaper things.... haha

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping
11-03-2012, 10:04 AM
Same here. Might install hose with a funnel on the end and have it drain under trailer. Not sure on this yet, but thinking on it.

I think the hose draining on the street is a bad idea. A jug and empty at the end of the day.

herler
11-03-2012, 10:11 AM
Well, I used to do that in my earlier years but once or twice I ran into trouble as well,
and I mean a lot of folks don't realize it but that stuff stinks!

More than anything that's what stops me, even days or a week later the smell could offend someone.
What if relatives are out to visit, and ohhh what's that smell, omg it really smells over HERE, what's that?
Whether number one or two, but can you imagine Aunt Olga finding that brownie?

Why not, why stop at number one, why not go all the way, number two's the one that truly can't wait anyhow if you ask me.

And it's all right with some folks but not at all with others so I keep an empty big mouth gatorade bottle in my truck and since tinted windows are illegal here I pretend to do paperwork, number two's a bit trickier but I'll unhook the trailer because it's easier to drive and if there's no time I'd still rather go in my pants than in some customer's back yard (that having been said I haven't had any accidents yet).

All in all I think it's been 7 or so years since the last time I went in someone's back yard,
today the thought still crosses my mind at times but I just won't do it.

STIHL GUY
11-03-2012, 11:33 AM
I have certain lawns with woods that I can piss in..for the others ill hold it untill I get to the next lawn
Posted via Mobile Device

alldayrj
11-03-2012, 06:22 PM
I've gone 16 hrs without peeing and thats killing a case of water bottles with 2 guys. Dad used to have a theory that if you have to pee you're not working hard enough
Posted via Mobile Device

cgaengineer
11-03-2012, 06:33 PM
I try not to leave bodily fluid deposits in clients yards but will if I can get away with it. Since we use a box truck it's pretty easy to go in a chemical measuring cup and just dump it in the street when done...
Posted via Mobile Device

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping
11-03-2012, 06:38 PM
I've gone 16 hrs without peeing and thats killing a case of water bottles with 2 guys. Dad used to have a theory that if you have to pee you're not working hard enough
Posted via Mobile Device

Wish I could do that. I'm worse than a pregnant woman! I need a tow behind portatoilet like in the commercials! LOL:laugh:

mikeypizano
11-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Am I the only one who asks to use the bathroom?

inzane
11-03-2012, 08:18 PM
trailer hitch toilet seat..

http://www.amazon.com/The-Original-Off-Road-Commode/dp/B0026OUWEM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351988207&sr=8-1&keywords=trailer+hitch+toilet+seat

or emergency underpants..

http://www.amazon.com/Accoutrements-12041-Emergency-Underpants/dp/B003DM3MN4/ref=pd_sim_sg_3

RussellB
11-03-2012, 11:40 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Your dad is a wise man.

Weekend cut easymoney
11-04-2012, 12:02 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

good line, i'll need to remember that!

turtle
11-04-2012, 12:23 AM
Posted via Mobile Device
Can tell your dad has never passed a kidney stone. I've never had a boss that let us run to the bathroom. I used to hold it as long as I could, but sometimes you just have to go, try to get as far from house when you can. But sometimes you have to duck into a corner near the house, best idea I've found is piss in a coffee cup then pour it down the stormdrain.

yardguy28
11-04-2012, 12:55 AM
very unprofessional in any situation. I stop once maybe twice on a bad at a gas station to use the bathroom. I do have an enclosed trailer but only use that for emergency situations.

we are grown men and some of you are going to the bathroom once or twice an hour? I drink a 5 gallon cooler full of water every day of work and sometimes in an 8-10 hour day I never stop to use the bathroom till I'm home. that's rare though.

I usually stop half way through the day to use the bathroom and wash up a bit to eat my lunch or stop for lunch.

you have a problem if you can't go 2 hours or more without peeing. I don't care how much liquid you drink.

cpllawncare
11-04-2012, 01:41 AM
I tend to agree,^^^^ I was in the military, and trust me you learned to hold it, no matter what. I have never went on a customers property, once on the morning, then at lunch and once in the evening no matter how much water I'm drinking, same for the guys, I tell them up front we're not stopping for bathroom breaks, go before you start the route and not again until your lunch break, and then when your done at the end of the day you can stop on your way in if you have to, that's three opportunties for the bathroom, plenty, imop.

alldayrj
11-04-2012, 08:36 AM
I think i held my pee for 36/48 hours (cant remember, 6 years ago) when trying to pass my hydration certification test for wrestling, it wasnt awesome but hey it worked and i learned a lot about self control. Had to write reminders on my hands, bathroom mirrors etc lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

Patriot Services
11-04-2012, 10:11 AM
I think i held my pee for 36/48 hours (cant remember, 6 years ago) when trying to pass my hydration certification test for wrestling, it wasnt awesome but hey it worked and i learned a lot about self control. Had to write reminders on my hands, bathroom mirrors etc lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

Not only is that damaging to your kidneys, it doesn't prove a thing.
Posted via Mobile Device

alldayrj
11-04-2012, 11:44 AM
I havent had to pass a hydration test since because it was my senior year and last season but if i had to do it again i probably would. Failing certifications is a big deal. I did pass by the way
Posted via Mobile Device

macgyver_GA
11-04-2012, 01:17 PM
I've never peed in a customer's yard, but I have puked in one customers yard. I had a pine straw job scheduled to do at a customer's house to spread 30 bails of pine straw. Well I woke up that day with some sort of stomach bug and it was about 90 degrees outside... not a good combination. At one point, in the backyard I got sick and couldn't hold it back. Ended up puking my guts out in their backyard (mostly water & gatorade from drinking so much in the heat). Luckily I just covered it up with the pine straw I was spreading. After that job, I went home and slept the rest of the day.

A good friend of mine worked for an LCO during college and he was telling me that he had gut gurgling attack of the runs one time on a job. There wasn't enough time to make it to a gas station so he ran up to the front door and rang the doorbell, the customer (wife) answered the door and he said he apologized and said it's an emergency and needs to use the restroom really bad. She laughed and said sure, and pointed to the 1/2 bath right off the foyer. He ran to the bathroom and opened the door and the customers husband was sitting on the toilet taking a crap. He said that was the most embarrassing moment of his life and the customer's wife started laughing even harder and pointed him to another restroom upstairs.

Patriot Services
11-04-2012, 01:28 PM
Unloading butt gravy in a customers house is almost as bad.
Posted via Mobile Device

clydebusa
11-04-2012, 02:19 PM
I've never peed in a customer's yard, but I have puked in one customers yard. I had a pine straw job scheduled to do at a customer's house to spread 30 bails of pine straw. Well I woke up that day with some sort of stomach bug and it was about 90 degrees outside... not a good combination. At one point, in the backyard I got sick and couldn't hold it back. Ended up puking my guts out in their backyard (mostly water & gatorade from drinking so much in the heat). Luckily I just covered it up with the pine straw I was spreading. After that job, I went home and slept the rest of the day.

A good friend of mine worked for an LCO during college and he was telling me that he had gut gurgling attack of the runs one time on a job. There wasn't enough time to make it to a gas station so he ran up to the front door and rang the doorbell, the customer (wife) answered the door and he said he apologized and said it's an emergency and needs to use the restroom really bad. She laughed and said sure, and pointed to the 1/2 bath right off the foyer. He ran to the bathroom and opened the door and the customers husband was sitting on the toilet taking a crap. He said that was the most embarrassing moment of his life and the customer's wife started laughing even harder and pointed him to another restroom upstairs.

Now that is funny I don't care who you are... :laugh:

SRT8
11-04-2012, 03:09 PM
Unloading butt gravy in a customers house is almost as bad.
Posted via Mobile Device

This made me chuckle lol
Posted via Mobile Device

cpllawncare
11-04-2012, 05:32 PM
I guess the lesson to be learned here is carry extra underwear "Just in case" LOL

THEGOLDPRO
11-04-2012, 05:45 PM
I have probably peed in about 75% of my customers yards at one point or another over the years. Then again im in a pretty wooded area so maybe that helps us hide better. Either way if i gotta piss im gonna go piss. I have had people over the years sneak up on me while i have been peeing and just laugh about it.

JB1
11-04-2012, 05:47 PM
I have probably peed in about 75% of my customers yards at one point or another over the years. Then again im in a pretty wooded area so maybe that helps us hide better. Either way if i gotta piss im gonna go piss. I have had people over the years sneak up on me while i have been peeing and just laugh about it.

i always looked at it as marking our territory.

Surferbum21
11-04-2012, 06:56 PM

you sound like me. i understand a lot of people will feel different about it but peeing on a fence in a corner where no way anyone would ever see does not seem that big of a deal to me.

customers are 90% never home and doubt they want one of my dirty grassy hispanic workers in their home. this guy has dogs so they pee all over the yard and worried about pee on a fence?

guess i'm old fashioned and don't see a problem with peeing outside...i've done it for 15 years with no problems.

jetta
11-04-2012, 07:44 PM
we have enclosed trailers and drilled a hole in the floor ,mounted a funnel to a rubber hose

THEGOLDPRO
11-04-2012, 08:29 PM
I would say i pee outside more then i pee inside.

93Chevy
11-04-2012, 08:53 PM
I don't urinate inside unless I get up in the middle of the night. I do have close neighbors at home, but I can squeeze between my truck and the driveway retaining wall be out of sight. I don't like making water inside.

HLM HustlerZ
11-04-2012, 09:26 PM
If you have to go, well nature calls. I don't see the big deal being unprofessional here. Yeah if you do lawn work in the inner city and pee in the customer's front yard then that's just stupid.

I do ask customer's to use their bathroom from time to time, maybe 2-3 times a year. But I'm not carrying a bottle or bucket in my truck / trailer to pee in, it will get spilled or turned over and I'm going to be pissed (probably at one of my guys). Do what you have to do- indoors or outdoors.

chuacro
11-04-2012, 11:33 PM
If you sneak up on me peeing in the truck in a bottle that would be one thing. If you catch me peeing on a customers property not good. I just empty when I get home. I work solo so I only have to live with the pee.

Surferbum21
11-04-2012, 11:46 PM
I don't urinate inside unless I get up in the middle of the night. I do have close neighbors at home, but I can squeeze between my truck and the driveway retaining wall be out of sight. I don't like making water inside.

exactly. and if i do pee inside i follow the golden rule "if it's yellow let it mellow if it's brown flush it...looks like i just broke my rule

Patriot Services
11-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Is that considered part of a multi app fert program?
Posted via Mobile Device

yardguy28
11-05-2012, 09:31 PM
say what you will. it just amazes me at how many seem to think its perfectly acceptable to just take a leak wherever you are.

that type of behavior is reserved for cavemen and these foreigners who seem to think they can use the corner of a store as there bathroom or spit on the floor.

that or we must be a bunch of 2 year olds who can't hold our bladders and should be wearing diapers.

93Chevy
11-05-2012, 09:54 PM
Don't worry, I won't pee on holidays.

Lawnvision
12-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Completely a no,no! Men hold it until they get to a bathroom. Now a woods, that's different.

PerfectEarth
12-02-2012, 12:18 PM
Man, I didn't realize how many guys think this is a professional sin.

I run a pretty tight ship, in terms of being professional. But that doesn't mean I don't have my favorite outdoor pee spots tucked away all over the city of Louisville!! When you gotta go... you gotta go.... and find a dense row of Arbs up agains a retaining wall! Lol

Definitely guilty of this, on almost a daily basis.

Patriot Services
12-02-2012, 04:15 PM
Cameras are everywhere. Who wants to be first on Americas Dumbest or Caught on Video.
Posted via Mobile Device

Landscape Poet
12-02-2012, 04:31 PM
Cameras are everywhere. Who wants to be first on Americas Dumbest or Caught on Video.
Posted via Mobile Device

Seeing them more and more these days. The neighbor to one of our properties just had one installed I noticed this week. Not a big issue as we are metro enough there is generally not a big need unless it is a emergency at which point I will find a taller viburnum etc and pull out my felcos and act like I am doing a little trimming from the back side of the shrub. I have had to a couple times because I simply was not going to make it and I am not pissing on myself.

The camera thing catches my attention - I simply do not get them, I mean you live in a a gated/guarded community already, have a alarm system , and now camera security system.....what gives...you that scared?

yardguy28
12-02-2012, 07:28 PM
well besides being unprofessional I just always try to live with the mind set that there is ALWAYS someone watching.

White Gardens
12-02-2012, 07:37 PM
Man, I didn't realize how many guys think this is a professional sin.

I run a pretty tight ship, in terms of being professional. But that doesn't mean I don't have my favorite outdoor pee spots tucked away all over the city of Louisville!! When you gotta go... you gotta go.... and find a dense row of Arbs up agains a retaining wall! Lol

Definitely guilty of this, on almost a daily basis.

Glad to know I'm not the only one! LOL!

" Sure you can have a drink, but that's not Gatorade."

Mowingman
12-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Wow, this thread brings back memories of a discussion on this topic about 10 or 12 years ago. Anyone remember the classic thread, "Banos in the bushes" ?
It went on for months and had hundreds of replys. Maybe one of the topics with the most replys ever.

GreenI.A.
12-03-2012, 12:25 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

I used to have the same theory, until one night in basic training when I woke up and my testicles were swollen, wash was litterly the size of a base ball, the pain was so bad I couldn't move. The only thing funny about it was when I screamed in pain one of the guys went and got the drill sgt on. When he came in the room and saw my junk, all he could say was "holy ****" and called an ambulance. Turns out I got a massive infection which developed into epididymitis, the infection was caused by not urinating enough. I finally started listening to the drills when they would say if your not peeing your not drinking. Since then I have had a few other medical problems from dehydration. Now, you will very rearly see me without a bottle of water within each.

Too add about peeing in a customers yard. For me it's not worth it. I have a buddy who pulled over on the side of the highway on his bike when on a ride with a bunch of guys. He went into the woods out of sight to pee, when he came out a statie was parked behind them and asked what he was doing in the woods. He told the statie what he did and that he was sure to be out of sight. Statie said it didn't matter, cuffed him, out him in the back of the car and then he spent the next few years on the sex offender list.

yardguy28
12-03-2012, 05:57 AM
guess in my opinion there is only one place number 1 and number 2 should be done and that's in a toilet in the bathroom.

it's ridiculous that guys will go to the extent of peeing in a public place just to safe money and time from stopping at a restroom. we are grown men, we are talking about 1 or 2 stops in an 8-10 hour work day. if your going more than that or can't hold your bladder that long then go see a doctor.

I even pull an enclosed trailer where I would never have to stop but I only use the enclosed in a real emergency.

guess I'm weird that money doesn't mean so much to me that I'm willing to pee in clients bushes just to save a few bucks.

wegomow
12-03-2012, 07:39 AM
well besides being unprofessional I just always try to live with the mind set that there is ALWAYS someone watching.

Well said! I share the same philosophy.

Darryl G
12-03-2012, 08:47 AM
Does anyone know of a bottle with a bigger opening than a Gatorade bottle?

zackvbra
12-03-2012, 12:53 PM
ive only been caught pissing one time. after that, the guy told me if you ever have to piss, just use the bathroom in my tool shed. (yes he has plumbing in his tool shed, he is LOADED) thank god he wasnt mad, because it is my biggest account. 5 acre $165 weekly mowing. with 5 acres, I thought there is no way he would see me, because i was toward the back near the property line behind a tree, at least 100 yards away from the house, but he caught me somehow.

chrisvinky
12-08-2012, 09:00 AM
I have spots at certain houses where there is no way they can see me. One is behind a storage building backed up next to a woods. The other is an overgrown field that is literally 6 ft. tall of brush.

The way I figure it if somebody can see my junk from where I pee at, I need to be doing something besides lawn care! ;)

yardguy28
12-08-2012, 09:09 AM
doesn't make it any more ok or professional.

how old most of doing lawn care? you can't hold your bladder until you come around a public restroom?

using the bathroom outside is something that should only be done in an emergency situation not matter what. personal or business situation.

my grandmother owns 80 acres of land with no houses on it within site. there is a wooded area on the 80 acres. when I go shooting I use the bathroom before I go shooting and I wait until after I'm done to stop somewhere or I'll drive the 20 min to the closet place in the middle and come back.

JB1
12-08-2012, 09:15 AM
Your are friggin nuts to drive back twenty minutes. There nothing like it out in the middle of the woods standing on a log and letting it go
Posted via Mobile Device

Darryl G
12-08-2012, 11:53 AM
doesn't make it any more ok or professional.

how old most of doing lawn care? you can't hold your bladder until you come around a public restroom?

using the bathroom outside is something that should only be done in an emergency situation not matter what. personal or business situation.

my grandmother owns 80 acres of land with no houses on it within site. there is a wooded area on the 80 acres. when I go shooting I use the bathroom before I go shooting and I wait until after I'm done to stop somewhere or I'll drive the 20 min to the closet place in the middle and come back.

So you're in the middle of the woods on 80 acres and you'll leave to go take a P? Seriously? I wanna take you backpacking in the wilderness just for fun. Would you pack it out? :laugh:

205mx
12-08-2012, 12:16 PM
ive only been caught pissing one time. after that, the guy told me if you ever have to piss, just use the bathroom in my tool shed. (yes he has plumbing in his tool shed, he is LOADED) thank god he wasnt mad, because it is my biggest account. 5 acre $165 weekly mowing. with 5 acres, I thought there is no way he would see me, because i was toward the back near the property line behind a tree, at least 100 yards away from the house, but he caught me somehow.

LOWBALLER!!!!

Jk
Posted via Mobile Device

yardguy28
12-08-2012, 12:39 PM
So you're in the middle of the woods on 80 acres and you'll leave to go take a P? Seriously? I wanna take you backpacking in the wilderness just for fun. Would you pack it out? :laugh:

I probably wouldn't backpack in the first place. I usually don't put myself in situations where I'd have to use the outdoors because there aren't bathrooms around.

yes I seriously leave to use the bathroom when I'm on my grandmothers woods. I've been know to leave a clients property in the middle of a job on a few occasions as well.

205mx
12-08-2012, 12:51 PM
I've never heard of someone with such a bathroom complex
Posted via Mobile Device

yardguy28
12-08-2012, 12:56 PM
I've never heard of someone with such a bathroom complex
Posted via Mobile Device

well now you have. we have toilets for a reason.

Darryl G
12-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Maybe it's really Yardgal?

chuacro
12-08-2012, 08:41 PM
As old as I am when I have to take a pee the 20 minute drive will not work. Got to have a emergency plan in place.

yardguy28
12-08-2012, 08:48 PM
oh I have an emergency plan in place. but it used for an emergency. not oh I'm on my way to joes house and have to pee but I'm not stopping at a public place I'll just pee in the backyard behind the fence.

it's more like when I'm in a neighborhood doing multiple places and half way through I don't think I can hold it until I come across a public place.

jrs.landscaping
12-08-2012, 09:53 PM
I'm glad I work in some rural areas. Losing almost an hour in driving to take a leak isn't an option. If I have to go I know where all the spots are in every service area.

Chilehead
12-08-2012, 10:26 PM
Urinating anywhere outside of a restroom, let alone a client's yard is unprofessionalism defined. In Georgia, you will go into the Sex Offender Registry for peeing in public. The charges would be Indecent Exposure and Lewd & Lascivious Behavior. You better have a good attorney before taking a leak in the woods here.

zackvbra
12-08-2012, 11:29 PM
Urinating anywhere outside of a restroom, let alone a client's yard is unprofessionalism defined. In Georgia, you will go into the Sex Offender Registry for peeing in public. The charges would be Indecent Exposure and Lewd & Lascivious Behavior. You better have a good attorney before taking a leak in the woods here.

The only reason why they made that a sex offender status offense is because "actual" perverts/crazies would protest "I was just peeing" if they were caught hanging their ..... around at people. Seems like that would be a common excuse.

My opinion still stands however. I believe we should be able to piss without having to worry about being charged with a sex offense.

But thanks for the info! I was not aware at all that it was that serious in GA. I will know it for future references. It sure would be hard to get business if I was caught and had to go door to door in my neighborhood saying "Hi im required by law to inform you that im a registered sex offender! And by the way, Would you like some lawn service?" LOL

93Chevy
12-09-2012, 01:39 AM
It's much more sanitary to make water outside than in a public restroom. No doorknobs, stall doors, flush valves, sinks, paper towel dispensers, etc. If you shower regularly, there should be no problem making water outside and not washing your hands. In a public restroom, unless it's a high-class hotel or restaurant, I feel like I need to disinfect myself with bleach after looking at the door handle.

Darryl G
12-09-2012, 08:57 AM

Wouldn't you need to actually expose yourself to others? I don't think anybody is recommending you whip it out and wave it around for others to see.

yardguy28
12-09-2012, 09:22 AM
I'm glad I work in some rural areas. Losing almost an hour in driving to take a leak isn't an option. If I have to go I know where all the spots are in every service area.

I work in some rural areas as well.

to clarify something unless I have an emergency (#2) I don't generally make special trips to public restrooms. I stop in between properties as I pass them.

going in clients yard once in a blew moon on an emergency only basis isn't nearly as bad as those who do it on a daily basis to avoid stopping.

while I don't condone it all I can be more forgiving on an emergency only basis. but these guys who do it daily all day long lack professionalism as a business and are disgusting as a human being.

PerfectEarth
12-09-2012, 09:23 AM

Let's be realistic here.... this is the silliest thing I have ever read on this site.

EIGHTY acres all alone and you can't take a leak anywhere. You will drive 20 minutes for 15 seconds of relief. I'm having trouble understanding this.

yardguy28
12-09-2012, 09:29 AM
Let's be realistic here.... this is the silliest thing I have ever read on this site.

EIGHTY acres all alone and you can't take a leak anywhere. You will drive 20 minutes for 15 seconds of relief. I'm having trouble understanding this.

you can call it silly all you want. I'm not gonna go in public unless its an absolute emergency. if I can hold it for a drive to a bathroom I will most certainly do so.

you guys can balk at it all you. pee in your clients yards if you want.

I find it disgusting as a human being and unprofessional as a business.

PerfectEarth
12-09-2012, 09:36 AM
you can call it silly all you want. I'm not gonna go in public unless its an absolute emergency. if I can hold it for a drive to a bathroom I will most certainly do so.

you guys can balk at it all you. pee in your clients yards if you want.

I find it disgusting as a human being and unprofessional as a business.

Peeing in a field on your grandmother's 80 acre property while shooting guns is a bit different than dropping your pants and watering Mrs. Smith's rose bushes in the backyard of her house.

yardguy28
12-09-2012, 09:38 AM
Peeing in a field on your grandmother's 80 acre property while shooting guns is a bit different than dropping your pants and watering Mrs. Smith's rose bushes in the backyard of her house.

not to me.

cpllawncare
12-09-2012, 10:00 AM
not to me.

You'd never make it in the military, that's for sure. We went anywhere and everywhere, you don't have an option, I've messed up many a pr of underwear in the middle of fire fight.

patrick6411
12-09-2012, 10:18 AM
Me personally, I donít use a customerís yard unless itís an emergency. But at the same time I do understand that when you have to go you have to go. Between jobs I have stops that I will make for restrooms.
Now my question is why did the property owner follow your guy? Did he know the guy was up to something? I just find it strange that he would follow him.
What all of us need to think about, what if a woman or child was to see you or a worker relieving himself. Then the police was called, that would be a hell of a situation. Then if it got into the papers it would be even worse, PR.

205mx
12-09-2012, 10:45 AM
not to me.

Really that's not an opinion that's a fact. It ACTUALLY is DIFFERENT.
Posted via Mobile Device

Darryl G
12-09-2012, 10:53 AM
Really that's not an opinion that's a fact. It ACTUALLY is DIFFERENT.
Posted via Mobile Device

I agree...but rose bushes? Not the best choice!

205mx
12-09-2012, 11:39 AM
I agree...but rose bushes? Not the best choice!

I sure WONT be going on any rose bushes lol!
Posted via Mobile Device

Chilehead
12-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Wouldn't you need to actually expose yourself to others? I don't think anybody is recommending you whip it out and wave it around for others to see.

Here is the actual law defined per GA code:

According to Title 16, Chapter 6 O.C.G.A ß 16-6-8 (2009) this is prosecuted as Public Indecency, it is a sexual offense, and the specific section is listed below:

TITLE 16. CRIMES AND OFFENSES
CHAPTER 6. SEXUAL OFFENSES
O.C.G.A. ß 16-6-8 (2009)

Public indecency

(a) A person commits the offense of public indecency when he or she performs any of the following acts in a public place:

(1) An act of sexual intercourse;

(2) A lewd exposure of the sexual organs;

(3) A lewd appearance in a state of partial or complete nudity; or

(4) A lewd caress or indecent fondling of the body of another person.

(b) A person convicted of the offense of public indecency as provided in subsection (a) of this Code section shall be punished as for a misdemeanor except as provided in subsection (c) of this Code section.

(c) Upon a third or subsequent conviction for public indecency for the violation of paragraph (2), (3), or (4) of subsection (a) of this Code section, a person shall be guilty of a felony and shall be punished by imprisonment for not less than one nor more than five years.

Upon the completion of incarceration, the offender will be required to register on the Georgia State Sex Offender Registry.

It appears that it takes getting caught 3 times to land you on the GA Sex Offender Registry. However, once you are on that registry, you are screwed for life. Check this out: https://www.schr.org/files/post/HB%20571%20UPDATE%2011%2015%2010.pdf

The moral of the story is DO NOT PEE IN PUBLIC. AT ALL. EVER.

CL&T
12-09-2012, 02:43 PM
Which of those (1-4) do you think would apply to urinating in the bushes of a back yard? Think carefuly about the word "lewd" and what it means when answering this.

Jallal
12-09-2012, 03:27 PM
Haha, sweet Jesus - another "Peein' in the bushes" thread.

Darryl G
12-09-2012, 04:36 PM
You can usually get old toilets for free. Just find an out of the way spot in the customers yard to put it and disguise it a bit.

yardguy28
12-09-2012, 04:48 PM
leave it to darryl to post some pics of his backyard in a peeing in the bushes thread.

Darryl G
12-09-2012, 05:13 PM
I don't have anything that fancy in my back yard, but I do have several favorite spots. I usually prefer to broadcast for a more even greening of the lawn though.

PerfectEarth
12-09-2012, 06:25 PM
I'm still dwelling on this "80 acres and can't pee" thing.... LOL. Been racking my brain all day to understand this denial of one of man's greatest privileges and freedoms.

If I surveyed 10,000 men and asked them if they would pee outside, ALONE, on an 80 acre farm property, with NO houses within hundreds of yards, I can assure you those 10,000 men would probably say, "Why the hell are you even asking me this??! I go OUT to 80 acre properties so THAT I CAN pee in the great outdoors!"

Brodie
12-10-2012, 04:32 AM
so i've done lawn care for 15 years and sometimes your on a jobsite and you nature calls. theres no jumping in the truck and running to gas station in time. So i've always cornered up to a side of house or fence way out of view of anyone seeing. well i have never minded my workers doing this as well. Apparantly my customer saw my guy put the trimmer down and walk to side of house so he followed him. my guy was tucked away peeing in the corner of the fence way down side of house where no one would have ever seen him. My customer was furious and his wife wanted to drop us immediately and not pay for service. I apologized over and over and tried explaining to him that we drink 2 gallons of water each a day and for one can't hold it sometimes and two i'm not stopping every 30 minutes each time a worker needs to pee.

What are ya'lls thoughts? I for one don't see a problem as long as they aren't flashing their weewee for kids or anybody to see. I assured the customer it would not happen again and just told my guys not to do it at that house anymore.

Please educate me a bit on this subject. You have stated that the customer was home and has seen your guy peeing. So far I have it, the bit where Im lost is and I may be a bit slow but if your customer is home and you need to pee why dont you ask to use their toilet.

I get that not all customers are at home but if they are why not ask. I dont think many people will say no.

Please somebody enlighten me.

jackal
12-10-2012, 05:35 AM
I had to quit peeing off my back porch because it was making yellow spots in the grass.

yardguy28
12-10-2012, 07:07 AM
I'm still dwelling on this "80 acres and can't pee" thing.... LOL. Been racking my brain all day to understand this denial of one of man's greatest privileges and freedoms.

If I surveyed 10,000 men and asked them if they would pee outside, ALONE, on an 80 acre farm property, with NO houses within hundreds of yards, I can assure you those 10,000 men would probably say, "Why the hell are you even asking me this??! I go OUT to 80 acre properties so THAT I CAN pee in the great outdoors!"

probably because I don't considering being able to urinate outside mans greatest privileges and freedoms.

come on man, get real......:hammerhead:

205mx
12-10-2012, 08:18 AM
probably because I don't considering being able to urinate outside mans greatest privileges and freedoms.

come on man, get real......:hammerhead:

Him get real? Driving back when you are alone in 80 acres of woods in irrational,
Illogical, incomprehensible!

Come on man! Get real!
Posted via Mobile Device

JB1
12-10-2012, 09:31 AM
Maybe it's the satellites over head watching. Giving him stage freight
Posted via Mobile Device

PerfectEarth
12-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Him get real? Driving back when you are alone in 80 acres of woods (is) irrational,
Illogical, incomprehensible!

Come on man! Get real!
Posted via Mobile Device

Thank you.

I peed outside, behind my shop THREE times today and it was great. And life goes on.

CL&T
12-10-2012, 07:37 PM
THREE TIMES!! That makes you a sex offender!

-Hal

jrs.landscaping
12-10-2012, 07:49 PM
Thank you.

I peed outside, behind my shop THREE times today and it was great. And life goes on.

:eek:

Our shop doesn't have a bathroom. There are plenty of places to go considering it is surrounded on two sides by over 180 acres of forest. If one of my guys asked to go to the store to take a leak..... well that's never happened so I don''t know what I'd do?

Toro 455
12-11-2012, 08:57 AM
It's a good thing some of you weren't born before the popularity of indoor plumbing.
And being born then after the introduction of the birth control pill these same people find multiple sexual partners acceptable.

I don't have a standing policy. I just use discretion. And try to plan ahead.
Policy goes out the window when urgency strikes. I mean if you got diaharea would you risk pooping your pants sitting in your truck on the way to a gas station?

Isn't it ironic that people jailed for exihibsionism are put into prisions where the toilets are visible to anyone walking buy. And they're made to stand stark naked in front of a health care worker and pee into a cup using only one hand for drug tests. And sometimes the health care worker is female!
The prisioner's got to be thinking "Hey! this is all I ever wanted to begin with!"

CL&T
12-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Good one.

Someone mentioned what if kids see you. One of the first things my father taught me was to pee in the bushes...

Darryl G
12-11-2012, 11:06 AM
It's a good thing some of you weren't born before the popularity of indoor plumbing.

I didn't realize it was getting that popular. It must be nice to not have to pick between having to put your coat and shoes on in the middle of the night to use the outhouse or to sneak into Momma's room to use her pi$$ pot....she don't like when I do that.

Michael J. Donovan
12-11-2012, 11:12 AM
I think this may be getting a little carried away with some of the comments and insinuations so I am going to close this one out for now