PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Lawnboy Model 22261.....

ACA L&L
11-04-2012, 01:53 AM
As I started the search to switch our companys mowers from 21" toro proline(price too high) To something more affordable and more importantly an awesome cut..........I have takena liking to the lawn boy model 22261. I cant explain it, I have'nt used on since i was kid growing up in Indiana. I have a decent sized yard at home and have been wanting a nice mower to mow it with. I hate mowing it with the mowers at work, I usually get one that needs something on it fixed and me being me i ppull it into the garage and well 4 hours later Im coming inside smelling of gas and covered in grease taking a shower wondering why I dont just go to home depot and buy a nice mower for the house.

With all that said does anyone have a decent lawnboy, with a decent price tag they would be willing to sell off to a guy that just wants a nice mower for his house...? I had one in my sites on ebay, bid was right , the mower was rebuilt to a perfect T, but then in the last few hours I relized it was a push mower......Im seriously doubting mself now as the price was awesome for a completly redone lawnboy with the suz dura motor.....($300 pls shipping) but call me crazy i wanted the self propelled for the house as I need exsercise just not that much. I will pay for shipping, send me a or post a pic. PM me and I will send my email to anyone that has a Lawn Boy 22261 in good, running shape that doesnt need a complete breakdown and rebuild. well as long as the engine is in good shape and it not all beat to heck Ill probably take it......

ACA L&L
11-04-2012, 01:55 AM
IE: i borrowed this pic from some tractor forum with a bunch of lawn boy mower nuts on it.................so if this is your pic, I borrowed it for reference purposes only....and thanks!

smallstripesnc
11-04-2012, 08:17 AM
The 22261 is a great machine. At one point I was looking into one but couldn't find one for sale. Ebay has one pop up on occasion so keep your eyes peeled for one there.

Are you selling any of your proline toro's? I love the Suzuki 2 cycle toro's. I have a 20106 that I love but the pralines bigger tank would come in handy. It would have to be shipped to NC though.

ACA L&L
11-05-2012, 01:41 AM
The 22261 is a great machine. At one point I was looking into one but couldn't find one for sale. Ebay has one pop up on occasion so keep your eyes peeled for one there.

Are you selling any of your proline toro's? I love the Suzuki 2 cycle toro's. I have a 20106 that I love but the pralines bigger tank would come in handy. It would have to be shipped to NC though.

Hello, Im not sure if im gonna sell the 2 cycles just yet, at one point we unloaded all we had and jumped on the 4 cycles toros, then last year I came across one for like $100 bucks and I thought why not i could use it at home, then another and then one on CL which i though was a parts mower but ended up being a hidden gem that needed a new cylinder, tires were new, deck was new, cables, all of it was like brand new. It still made that slight click noise in the drive wheels....if you can believe that. Looked like crap in the add. at any rate I do have 3 running machines that we mow with, i just ordered new wheels for all of them, brackets. That was like $300. They all need a little something. I did find some engines on ebay and other parts that are hard to find, Have not purchased yet. Im looking to either sell all of them at one time so we could switch over to either snapper or toro. I have'nt heard good things about the exmarks, and the Y Bravo did not impress me when I tried it out last week. Ive never shipped a mower so I would'nt know where to start. Im gonna be calling some companys to get quotes on a leaf loader so I will see what they say. shoot me a PM with your email and we'll go from there.

smallstripesnc
11-05-2012, 07:50 AM
I PMed you!

ACA L&L
11-05-2012, 06:01 PM
I PMed you!

just saw it, i posted on your 2 cycle post