PDA

View Full Version : Tee-Box Annual Ryegrass. $40 Pennington, $26 Gulf or neither?

adam.neusbaum
11-04-2012, 12:37 PM
I'm overseeding a driving range's Tee-Box & can't decide which winter rye to use. This is my first request in years so I'm long time out of the loop.

Ric
11-04-2012, 02:03 PM
I'm overseeding a driving range's Tee-Box & can't decide which winter rye to use. This is my first request in years so I'm long time out of the loop.

Prennial Rye (more Expensive) is the better choice because of the thinner blade and Greener Color. But don't overseed too heavy. You can stunt Spring Green up of the main turf by chocking it out.

adam.neusbaum
11-04-2012, 02:14 PM
My odds for Perennial may go up with JDL/LESCO rather than HD or Lowes I suppose. Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device

Weekend cut easymoney
11-04-2012, 02:33 PM
Perennial rye is far easier to maintain, grows half as fast and darker green...annual seems to hold more water....its tough to cut if it goes a week in between mowing s
Posted via Mobile Device

adam.neusbaum
11-04-2012, 02:35 PM
All delicious advice I never found during a google search. Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

keithslawnc
11-04-2012, 03:23 PM

Use perrinal eagle overseeding rye from lesco/John Deere. It is a blend of 3 different types of rye. I know the John Deere Landscapes in Ocala off hwy 200 had some last Monday.

adam.neusbaum
11-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Will do, working near The Villages so ill try in Oxford first off 301 but I doubt it. 200 ain't bad though for the good stuff. More great advice, thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device