PDA

View Full Version : moving a leafloader solo

vaacutabove
11-04-2012, 09:05 PM
I bought my first leafloader this year I do have a swing away hitch for the dump. But my problem is I cant pull a trailer with it hooked up. Tall side trailers is all I have. This is the second time I have had to move it adound my self its a 16hpgreat BG. Love it just to dam heavy. How do yall move this stuff with out a loader or fork lift of some kind. It sits on a Dolly in the shop but drive way is gravel so even thats out.
Posted via Mobile Device

caseysmowing
11-05-2012, 05:38 AM
I have a trac vac loader 16hp VG hitch mount. I have it on a dolly and I can get it in the hitch by myself with it on the dolly. I can't get it out of the hitch by myself. Wish I had the swing away hitch so I could just mount it once and then take off and put back on the trailer. I have to remove mine everytime I dump.:cry: Hope someone on here has a good idea how to do it.

lawn crafters
11-05-2012, 06:15 AM
I use a forklift. But u could use like a winch or chain and pulley from the ceiling or a pallet jack . Something along those lines
Posted via Mobile Device

STIHL GUY
11-05-2012, 07:59 AM
I have a 16 hp mounted to my trailer so I can still tow my trailer...I use a dolley or have someone give me a hand
Posted via Mobile Device

Fwilamosky
11-05-2012, 08:18 AM
i've seen them mounted to the tongue of the trailer for the spring and fall and then removed during only the mowing seasons. Might work good for you and would only take a little welding

Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries
11-05-2012, 02:27 PM
I've seen solo operations without forklifts take them on and off via engine hoists. However, being on gravel complicates maters as the hoist wheels are designed for asphalt. If you can modify the wheels to roll on gavel it should work.

C Jovingo Landscaping
11-05-2012, 03:02 PM
This is what I plan to use.

http://www.harborfreight.com/1-2-half-ton-capacity-pickup-truck-crane-with-cable-winch-37555.html

I'm probably gonna mount to trailer but could be anchored to concrete pad if one is available to you. We use these at my full time job for handleing 55gal drums (Boss bought electric winches for them though)
Posted via Mobile Device

jones68
11-05-2012, 03:54 PM
i think i would use a 4 wheeled dolly and build it up with lumber to make a platform that would put the loader about where it needs to be and back the truck to the edge of the garage and you should be able to jockey it around a few inches to get it lined up :weightlifter:

gcbailey
11-05-2012, 04:22 PM
This is what I plan to use.

http://www.harborfreight.com/1-2-half-ton-capacity-pickup-truck-crane-with-cable-winch-37555.html

I'm probably gonna mount to trailer but could be anchored to concrete pad if one is available to you. We use these at my full time job for handleing 55gal drums (Boss bought electric winches for them though)
Posted via Mobile Device

I know a guy who has the exact same thing... it's decent, but you might as well throw the winch away, it's crap, more specifically the soft metal handle that gives out.

He put a 3k# superwinch on it and re-enforced the bottom of his truck using a 5" piece of channel across the width of the bed to keep it from sagging when it gets weight on it. Pretty sweet setup now. He can load a 48" walk behind with it.

nobagger
11-05-2012, 05:45 PM
I bought my first leafloader this year I do have a swing away hitch for the dump. But my problem is I cant pull a trailer with it hooked up. Tall side trailers is all I have. This is the second time I have had to move it adound my self its a 16hpgreat BG. Love it just to dam heavy. How do yall move this stuff with out a loader or fork lift of some kind. It sits on a Dolly in the shop but drive way is gravel so even thats out.
Posted via Mobile Device

All of these ideas have disaster written all over it. I would find a way to mount it on the trailer so the only time you need to move it is before and after the season. Ours is mounted on a frame that slides into our plow hitches, we still need at least two guys to get it on and off.

djlunchbox
11-05-2012, 05:49 PM
I use a dolly to roll ours around the shop, then an engine hoist to put it on and off. It stays on the truck all season though, so its not a big deal.

corey4671
11-05-2012, 06:38 PM
http://www.harborfreight.com/10-inch-pneumatic-swivel-caster-38944.html

I've thought about mounting some of these on my loader. I hang mine on the back of my dump trailer. When I need to take it off, I raise the dump trailer to get the back closer to the ground, rock the loader back and slip it on the door.

juspayme
11-06-2012, 02:20 AM
just stack some pallets and nail a plywood sheet to the top one, then just back your dump up to the pallets and slide it off.

robtown
11-06-2012, 07:09 PM
I made a bracket that lets me mount it on the tongue of the trailer. 4 bolts and i can take it off slide a hand truck and wheel it in the garage.
it works great ...never jack knifes.
I used 1 x 3 box tubing.