PDA

View Full Version : Lite-Netics C7 & C9 Spools

PlantscapeSolutions
11-05-2012, 11:36 AM
I'd like to hear from anyone who has used the Lite-Netics magnetic socket spools. They would cost you about 27 cents a foot more then regular sockets/All In One Clips but your take down speed would be mind boggling.

I was going to buy some for areas with tile roofs and no gutters as well as the mag clips I have. The mag clips will work great in corners where gutters have the tall splash guards attached.

But I'm wondering if it is really feasible to use them in lieu of All In One Clips and recoup my money on future take down for regular application that have gutters as well.

v6rs97
11-08-2012, 11:44 AM
They stick to aluminum?

PlantscapeSolutions
11-08-2012, 12:14 PM
They stick to aluminum?

My house has metal gutters but I realize most are aluminum. I even have a few with clients with copper.

TimNNJ
11-10-2012, 09:20 AM
I asked for a sample of the product and they are sending me a couple to check it out..looks like a neat product...

PlantscapeSolutions
11-10-2012, 09:29 AM
I asked for a sample of the product and they are sending me a couple to check it out..looks like a neat product...

The supply chain is limited this year but I expect there to be a bunch of suppliers and more pricing pressure next year. Christmas Designers should have it next year.

addictedtolandscaping
11-11-2012, 05:44 AM
which distributive did you end up using??

PlantscapeSolutions
11-11-2012, 10:03 AM
which distributive did you end up using??

I'm still waiting on a go ahead for the job. 1000bulbs.com has a bunch of different sizes on their site but it shows nothing now. I was just talking to another distributor who's in the same town as Lite-Netics and I'm waiting on a confirmation that they can still get it. The prices per 1000' I saw were about $510 to $560 a roll so it's not the type of low volume stuff you want to keep much of in stock.

ChristmasDesigners
11-11-2012, 07:29 PM
We've thoroughly tested the Lite-Netics cord and are very happy with the results. For our own installations in South Florida we are unable to use it because most of the metal is non-ferrous. But in North Texas where our web distribution is based, we've tested it as well as having some of pro Christmas installers that buy from us test it and the results have been very good. The price is high, due to the cost of rare earth magnets, but the labor savings on both installation and takedown is huge.

As far as Lite-Netics retrofit bulbs, we have not fully tested these yet, so I can't offer any feedback on that product line.

Unfortunately we do not currently have any stock on hand for the magnetic cord and even the magnetic clips are sold out, but we will be well stocked next season. I do believe Lite-Netics does currently have stock on hand. If you need contact info, please contact me directly.

addictedtolandscaping
11-12-2012, 04:41 AM
Jason is this a product that you normally carry?

ChristmasDesigners
11-12-2012, 09:24 AM
No, haven't had it as a standard stock item yet. We got hooked up with Terry at Lite-Netics too late in the year to adequately market the product line. Before selling any product, we put it through a lot of testing. By the time we got a feel for the product, it was just too late to offer it.

PlantscapeSolutions
11-12-2012, 02:17 PM
It looks like Lite-Netics has some shorting out issues with their 2012 products. 1000bulbs.com has stopped selling it because of the calls they are getting for failing product. I got my hands on some 2011 C7 500' & 1000' spools that I plan to put on Ebay. If anyone is interested PM me now before they are gone.

PlantscapeSolutions
11-13-2012, 11:30 AM
It looks like Lite-Netics has some shorting out issues with their 2012 products. 1000bulbs.com has stopped selling it because of the calls they are getting for failing product. I got my hands on some 2011 C7 500' & 1000' spools that I plan to put on Ebay. If anyone is interested PM me now before they are gone.

It's now on Ebay.