PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Kubota ZG100

KV9064
11-05-2012, 05:56 PM
check out the New Kubota ZG100 very nice compact Zero Turn

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8UoJEpDtGCVY3Z0WXBpV2w3M0U/edit?pli=1

Brules
11-05-2012, 07:29 PM
Wow, nice looking unit.......everyone seems to be going all in on the $5-6k range for 2013.

KV9064
11-05-2012, 08:15 PM
they are saying less than $5K

dieseltech
11-05-2012, 08:42 PM
Nice looking little mower...less than 5 k would be a good deal too. Really like the led headlight built in too. That was a great idea to integrate them. Wish my zd326 had them built in like that!
Posted via Mobile Device

gene gls
11-05-2012, 09:05 PM
Its a home owner unit.............

ferrijessica
11-05-2012, 11:12 PM
That was a great idea to integrate them.

dieseltech
11-05-2012, 11:32 PM
Its a home owner unit.............

Or a smaller company on a budget...has all the workings of a comm mower less the engine which with proper maintenance should be ok
Posted via Mobile Device

Brules
11-06-2012, 06:00 PM
Pulled this off of their Facebook:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8349/8162339200_08b5798b3b_z.jpg

And some more info from the comments:

S-Series mower & it will have the Kohler engine on the 48" & 54" in this series & has LED lights, suspension seats w/ arm rests, & 5" deep hydraulic lift fabricated decks. The E-Series will have B&S engines in 48" & 54" no suspension seat no lights, & the same deck. Alot of the B&S engines are now manurfactured by Dihatsu in Japan & have alot of improvements over the old ones.

grassman177
11-06-2012, 09:31 PM
i was impressed actually at at the show at these. built well, and way better any day than all those other HO models from toro, cub cadet, bad boy etc.

GMLC
11-06-2012, 09:50 PM
Looks really nice!!
Posted via Mobile Device

StanWilhite
11-07-2012, 04:05 AM
Looks really nice!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Alright GMLC, you should know I'm not gonna let you by with saying how bad Bad Boy's design looks (using straight lines and angles) compared to the more curved design lines on Gravely's....and then turn around and say this Kubota mower looks good, when it's basically the same design as BB!! Come on now....play fair...some of us are watching you! :laugh:

Really....it actually looks like it was styled after Bad Boy, or DC....which is fine by me.

On a little more serious note though, what's the deal with the low profile rear tires? Looks like that would take away most of the shock absorbing quality of a regular tire with low air pressure. I don't get that, but maybe I'm missing something.

JCLawn and more
11-07-2012, 07:53 AM
they are not using a kubota engine or transmission, that makes me mad.

GMLC
11-07-2012, 08:01 AM
Alright GMLC, you should know I'm not gonna let you by with saying how bad Bad Boy's design looks (using straight lines and angles) compared to the more curved design lines on Gravely's....and then turn around and say this Kubota mower looks good, when it's basically the same design as BB!! Come on now....play fair...some of us are watching you! :laugh:

Really....it actually looks like it was styled after Bad Boy, or DC....which is fine by me.

On a little more serious note though, what's the deal with the low profile rear tires? Looks like that would take away most of the shock absorbing quality of a regular tire with low air pressure. I don't get that, but maybe I'm missing something.

Sorry the front end looks nothing like a BB. One caster comes straight off the frame and the other is curved. Im not going to hijack this thread.
Posted via Mobile Device

StanWilhite
11-07-2012, 02:41 PM
Sorry the front end looks nothing like a BB. One caster comes straight off the frame and the other is curved. Im not going to hijack this thread.
Posted via Mobile Device

How can discussing the mower (that is the sole subject of the post) be hijacking? :confused:

I think the Kubota looks fine. I just see a lot of straight lines and angles in the design, that reminds me of the design of BB....which you said made BB look cheap. To me, at a glance at least, the outward appearance of parts of the Kubby (especially the deck) look extremely close to a BB.

I just had to pick at you a little for saying the Kubby looks good and BB's look bad, when, to me at least, the designs have lines that look really similar.

The profiles of BB, and DC aren't as sleek looking as some of the other manufactures, but in reality, that doesn't have anything to do with their grass cutting abilities.

But ok....I'll leave it alone. :) *trucewhiteflag*

KV9064
11-30-2012, 04:13 PM
I wouldnt compare Kubota to a BB

Ridin' Green
11-30-2012, 05:04 PM
Not sure why, but your link doesn't work for me. I'd like to see more pics other than the one above if that's possible.

KV9064
11-30-2012, 05:09 PM
try it again it works for me, thats computers for ya

Ridin' Green
11-30-2012, 05:26 PM
Nope, still nada. I am not a computer person in the slightest. I'll have my wife taker a look at why this isn't working for me when she gets home.

Brules
11-30-2012, 05:56 PM
Found this:

http://www.tractor.com/manufacturers/kubota/2013-kubota-zg100-kommander-review-1553.html

Lots of good info.

Brules
11-30-2012, 05:59 PM
Sales literature:

http://www.bagleytractor.com/files/kubota_kommander_zg100-series_literature.pdf

Ridin' Green
11-30-2012, 06:25 PM
Brules-
thanks very much for links.

I admit I suck at finding anything new on the net. It's not for lack of trying or just being too lazy. I just don't seem to ever punch in the right search words to get the results I'm looking for most of the time.

I really don't care for the pimp daddy low pro rear tires. On a car I understand the purpose. On a mower they're just rediculous. I don't care for the engine choices on these new machines either. Even if I were strictly buying a machine for homeowner use, I'd want a top of the line engine, and would gladly pay more for one.

JCLawn and more
11-30-2012, 06:35 PM
Brules-
thanks very much for links.

I admit I suck at finding anything new on the net. It's not for lack of trying or just being too lazy. I just don't seem to ever punch in the right search words to get the results I'm looking for most of the time.

I really don't care for the pimp daddy low pro rear tires. On a car I understand the purpose. On a mower they're just rediculous. I don't care for the engine choices on these new machines either. Even if I were strictly buying a machine for homeowner use, I'd want a top of the line engine, and would gladly pay more for one.

And they have that option on the next mower up but its gonna cost 8 grand.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ridin' Green
11-30-2012, 06:52 PM
And they have that option on the next mower up but its gonna cost 8 grand.
Posted via Mobile Device

I know. In reality though, there's not that much actual difference in price between the top of the line engines and the ones they've chosen (for the manu's). They could have kept the price down to within a few hundred of where it is now, and still used a good engine. Just stepping up in engine quality shouldn't raise the price 3K.

JCLawn and more
11-30-2012, 06:57 PM
I know. In reality though, there's not that much actual difference in price between the top of the line engines and the ones they've chosen (for the manu's). They could have kept the price down to within a few hundred of where it is now, and still used a good engine. Just stepping up in engine quality shouldn't raise the price 3K.

Whell your talking about steping up to a wet clutch pto, faster speed, kubota built pumps, kubota gas engines and so on. This is a mower built to compete with the cheapest deere's and toro's. You can't do that when a good engine alone retails at close to 2 grand retail.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ridin' Green
11-30-2012, 07:06 PM
I'm not talking about stepping up to any of that other stuff here. I can live with the other features on this machine, but I would want a top of the line engine like the Kohler Command, Vanguard, or Kawi. They don't cost the manu's very much more at all over the price of the cheap engines they've put in these machines, especially in the bulk buys they make. The additional couple hundred bucks would be well worth it to almost anyone who knows much at all about the different engines. It wasn't that long ago that all manu's were using top tier engines in their machines ranging from basic lawn tractors all the way to the top end machines for homeowners, and they did it at reasonable/affordable prices.

There's no need for all the other stuff you just listed, and I never mentioned wanting to see that stuff offered on these machines.

JCLawn and more
11-30-2012, 07:11 PM
I'm not talking about stepping up to any of that other stuff here. I can live with the other features on this machine, but I would want a top of the line engine like the Kohler Command, Vanguard, or Kawi. They don't cost the manu's very much more at all over the price of the cheap engines they've put in these machines, especially in the bulk buys they make. The additional couple hundred bucks would be well worth it to almost anyone who knows much at all about the different engines. It wasn't that long ago that all manu's were using top tier engines in their machines ranging from basic lawn tractors all the way to the top end machines for homeowners, and they did it at reasonable/affordable prices.

There's no need for all the other stuff you just listed, and I never mentioned wanting to see that stuff offered on these machines.

I thought you were thinking the 3k was for just the engine that's why I put that. I know kawi would never be an option because they are in competition with their mule. In my mind I don't get why they didn't make it a hoziontal egine system and but their 2cyl air cooled engine on it. Who knows
Posted via Mobile Device

Ridin' Green
11-30-2012, 07:20 PM
I thought you were thinking the 3k was for just the engine that's why I put that. I know kawi would never be an option because they are in competition with their mule. In my mind I don't get why they didn't make it a hoziontal egine system and but their 2cyl air cooled engine on it. Who knows
Posted via Mobile Device

That's what I'm thinking. Would have been a far better selling point, and it would have been well ahead of the competition, because I seriously doubt other manus' (especially the cheap bastages at Deere) won't step up and use a great engine in their counterpart machines which are bound to come out soon.

Jimslawncareservice
11-30-2012, 11:51 PM
Those low pro tires will ride rough. Wife took on a test drive a car with those on them several years ago. Rode like a hay wagon.
Posted via Mobile Device

TriCityLawnCareLLC
12-01-2012, 07:34 AM
looks sweet! I'll most definitely try one out. Only thing that i note right away is the ROP bars don't seem to fold

TinMan1
02-07-2013, 08:19 PM
I didn't notice the ROPS nope don't want it without fold down
Posted via Mobile Device

AUTOX
02-24-2013, 10:04 AM
Kubota ZG123S-48 - 23 hp Kohler Courage Pro - 44 lbs TQ

Fuel tank is below the seat ,lowers CG, Adj Seat - non folding ROPS - Deck thinner than the BB - Low Profile tires - rear hitch included

O% 36 month financing fees $100 , require adding to home insurance or Kubota insurance $7 per month

4 year /300 hr warranty

Was tested 4 years prior to release

Or

BB ZT Elite - 48 27 hp Kohler Courage Pro - 43lbs Tq

0% financing includes $130 fees - Thicker deck - Deck has Front & Rear Anti Scalp wheels - Lift to access to belts -

Ridin' Green
02-24-2013, 01:26 PM
Kubota ZG123S-48 - 23 hp Kohler Courage Pro - 44 lbs TQ
Fuel tank is below the seat ,lowers CG, Adj Seat - non folding ROPS - Deck thinner than the BB - Low Profile tires - rear hitch included

O% 36 month financing fees $100 , require adding to home insurance or Kubota insurance $7 per month

4 year /300 hr warranty

Was tested 4 years prior to release

Or

BB ZT Elite - 48 27 hp Kohler Courage Pro - 43lbs Tq
0% financing includes $130 fees - Thicker deck - Deck has Front & Rear Anti Scalp wheels - Lift to access to belts -

Just an FYI-
If you are basing your decision to buy, off either of those two torque numbers (which you must be somewhat since you threw them out there), you are being mislead. The Kohler Pro 23 is true rated at 20.4 HP & 36.8 ft lbs torque, and the 27 at 23.5 HP & 36.9 ft lbs torque. In reality, the 27 is better in both departments, though the actual difference in torque is a non issue. Cut some thick grass with either enigine on the same machine though and the 27 will easily out perform the 23.

The true rated numbers are shown at the bottom of the spec list for each engine on Kohler's site. The ones you cited are the old numbers they used under the old non realistic, overinflated J1940 system. They are taking forever to switch over the the true rating system so they can sell off all their NOS engines.

AUTOX
02-24-2013, 04:34 PM
What is the designed life of the Kohlers? Web forums mentions 1200 to 2k Hrs

Difference and design life in the Kawasaki FR 726cc offered for $200 more on the BB?

Resale value between the Kubota and BB

gene gls
02-24-2013, 05:49 PM
Engine life depends on your maintinance. Running with dirty air filters shortens the life big time. Also not cleaning the crap off the engin will make it over heat which is a nono.

Deezer1
04-22-2013, 08:43 PM
Was looking at this unit, going to dealer some time this wk to check it out. What's your guys opinion on buying this or a used Hustler fastrak super duty 54" deck from private owner with 70hrs and 1 1/2 yrs old? Will warranty transfer with the hustler? Not using commercialy,just like the quality of the hustler for the money
Posted via Mobile Device

JCLawn and more
04-22-2013, 09:08 PM
How many acres do you have?
Posted via Mobile Device

gene gls
04-22-2013, 09:19 PM
Was looking at this unit, going to dealer some time this wk to check it out. What's your guys opinion on buying this or a used Hustler fastrak super duty 54" deck from private owner with 70hrs and 1 1/2 yrs old? Will warranty transfer with the hustler? Not using commercialy,just like the quality of the hustler for the money
Posted via Mobile Device

I would not buy the Hustler. Mine was a money pit and all models use a lot of the same parts.

Deezer1
04-22-2013, 11:36 PM
Sorry to hear about your hustler Gene, interested to know what problems you had. I'm mowing a little over an acre now but might be moving with more acreage in mind no more than 5
Posted via Mobile Device

gene gls
04-23-2013, 09:59 AM
Sorry to hear about your hustler Gene, interested to know what problems you had. I'm mowing a little over an acre now but might be moving with more acreage in mind no more than 5
Posted via Mobile Device

I had a wide range of problems, pto clutchs, wheel motors, hydro pumps, spindle bearings, belt pullys. I should have junked it early on but I owed too much money on it. If you are only going to mow your own lawn, you probely will not have much trouble. Heat was the main killer to my machine. It was designed more for flat land. I had a lot of steep mowning and when you run steep grades it creats a lot of heat. The hydro system needed to have a larger tank and a better way of disapating the heat from the oil. I had tight routes and the mower didn't have a chance to cool off inbetween customers. Most days it ran 4-5 hours steady with out shutting down. It was very easy to have brown spots (burnt grass) from stoping to move objects out of the way.

Grady1
04-27-2013, 02:20 PM
Whell your talking about steping up to a wet clutch pto, faster speed, kubota built pumps, kubota gas engines and so on. This is a mower built to compete with the cheapest deere's and toro's. You can't do that when a good engine alone retails at close to 2 grand retail.
Posted via Mobile Device

That is bullspit. I'm demo'ing one for the weekend and the junk Deere's and toro's don't hold a candle to these Kubota's. Grant it for every 10 posts that you read on here about the Kohlers being junk, you'll read 10 more that say the Briggs are junk, blah blah blah, you can't keep up.

I didn't notice the ROPS nope don't want it without fold down
Posted via Mobile Device

The ROPS not folding down is not an issue in the least bit. It' s maybe 5' 10"-6' off the ground and if you have branches hanging down below that it's time to get out your saw.

Does anyone own one of these ZG's or actually have experience with them? Thanks. Grady

JCLawn and more
04-27-2013, 02:29 PM
That is bullspit. I'm demo'ing one for the weekend and the junk Deere's and toro's don't hold a candle to these Kubota's. Grant it for every 10 posts that you read on here about the Kohlers being junk, you'll read 10 more that say the Briggs are junk, blah blah blah, you can't keep up.

The ROPS not folding down is not an issue in the least bit. It' s maybe 5' 10"-6' off the ground and if you have branches hanging down below that it's time to get out your saw.

Does anyone own one of these ZG's or actually have experience with them? Thanks. Grady

My point was this mower was not suspose to compete with the commercial stuff, that's why they have the 200 and 300 series. I own a ZD326, I think the 300 series is kinda in a class of its own, but kubota made me mad using kholer engines and hydro-gear hydros. Kubota already makes their own small twin engine I would much rather have. Yes its a good mower, but its not going to compete with 8 grand mowers most of us run. Also you have never caought a tree with your rops before, I got my mower air born one time with it up lol and it weighs over a ton. Its made to compete with bad boys sold at TSC and what not, not a exmark lazer, or JD900 series.
Posted via Mobile Device

Grady1
04-27-2013, 02:49 PM
My point was this mower was not suspose to compete with the commercial stuff, that's why they have the 200 and 300 series. I own a ZD326, I think the 300 series is kinda in a class of its own, but kubota made me mad using kholer engines and hydro-gear hydros. Kubota already makes their own small twin engine I would much rather have. Yes its a good mower, but its not going to compete with 8 grand mowers most of us run. Also you have never caought a tree with your rops before, I got my mower air born one time with it up lol and it weighs over a ton. Its made to compete with bad boys sold at TSC and what not, not a exmark lazer, or JD900 series.
Posted via Mobile Device

JC, you are absolutely right the 300 series are in a class of their own. Having run a 331 & 326 for the better part of 2 summers, there is nothing that comes close to them. Oh and as far as catching something on the ROPS. Had a brand new 331, it didn't have 10 hrs on it, caught a ground wire with it. Ouch! I just measured the ZG, it's exactly 5' 7" off the ground. I do have to disagree with you about being made to compete with the BB's, it's still a Kubota for God's sake. You know how they're built. :)

JCLawn and more
04-27-2013, 02:51 PM
JC, you are absolutely right the 300 series are in a class of their own. Having run a 331 & 326 for the better part of 2 summers, there is nothing that comes close to them. Oh and as far as catching something on the ROPS. Had a brand new 331, it didn't have 10 hrs on it, caught a ground wire with it. Ouch! I just measured the ZG, it's exactly 5' 7" off the ground. I do have to disagree with you about being made to compete with the BB's, it's still a Kubota for God's sake. You know how they're built. :)

Sadly its only a kubota chassis and deck on this one.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ridin' Green
04-27-2013, 03:11 PM

Junk Deere's and Toro's?:confused:
I hope you are referring to the stuff sold at the BB stores. The commercial lines in either brand are far, far from junk.

The rops folding is a great thing. Not folding is just dumb. Get out your saw? Better get permission from the HO before you start cutting their trees?branches or else you may not have to worry about mowing their lawn for very long.

Grady1
04-27-2013, 04:29 PM
Junk Deere's and Toro's?:confused:
I hope you are referring to the stuff sold at the BB stores. The commercial lines in either brand are far, far from junk.

The rops folding is a great thing. Not folding is just dumb. Get out your saw? Better get permission from the HO before you start cutting their trees?branches or else you may not have to worry about mowing their lawn for very long.

Yes, that was directed towards the big box stores. And cutting HO's branches? We're talking about a residential mower here, not for business.

Deezer1
04-27-2013, 05:51 PM
Still looking to go to dealer this wk or Monday, working 2nd shift is killing my shopping time.
Posted via Mobile Device

JCLawn and more
04-27-2013, 06:28 PM
Let us know what you think. I'm looking at a ferris evolution and this could be a cheaper option for me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Deezer1
04-27-2013, 06:46 PM

Please let us know what your thoughts are on this mower, which model you demoing
Posted via Mobile Device

Grady1
04-27-2013, 08:12 PM
Please let us know what your thoughts are on this mower, which model you demoing
Posted via Mobile Device

The ZG 127S. Well other than the 50 minutes that it took me to mow my 1.2 acres, that's the only time I got in the seat. I do like it, just not sure I like it enough to take the $5700 plunge. I haven't found anyone yet that owns one to get some feedback.

Brules
04-28-2013, 11:31 PM
For $5700 I would probably jump into a Scag Freedom Z or a Bad Boy...

Deezer1
05-03-2013, 05:41 PM
Well went down to dealer today, and it is a nice mower but Im not sure about spending that much money on a residential mower. Tried both models ZG124E and ZG123S,loved the suspension seat on the S and really liked the deck lift design on both mowers, no pin to set hight at, just turn the knob and push foot down once to lift deck at full hight and one more time to release to set height. Is the Kholer motor that much better than the Briggs?? Dealer said it was an upgrade over the Briggs . 4989+ tax for the 48"ZG123S and 5298+ tax for the base model 54" ZG127E without suspension seat Kholer motor and led lights . Thinking I could find a better deal out there somewhere but not sure of buing used. The Hustler super duty I mentioned earlier in my posts sold today when I called the guy. Day late and a Dollar short
Posted via Mobile Device

Brules
05-03-2013, 05:43 PM
I personally think for the $ the Scag Freedom Z and the Ferris IS600-700Z are both better buys at this point than the Kubota.

mdncb1
07-17-2013, 12:26 AM
Hey guys new to the site, just picked up a ZG124E 48" Kubota off CL for with 8 hours on it for $3,300 with transferrable warranty. Was that a good deal? Home owner bought it and realized it was too much for his small lot...

Regards

retrodog
07-17-2013, 12:47 AM
Hey guys new to the site, just picked up a ZG124E 48" Kubota off CL for with 8 hours on it for $3,300 with transferrable warranty. Was that a good deal? Home owner bought it and realized it was too much for his small lot...

Regards

Wow yes, there was the buy of the month! I love to hear about deals like this. I was worried to death about this mower and the fact that bota can get some folks financed that sheffield and GE turned down. At first sight I was blown away, led lights were cool, looked like a stout little machine until I started looking at it closer. I started to see were the corners were cut. Deck was 10 gauge like $3499 bad boy just a little deeper design, spindles were set up like the stamped deck deere spindle, lowest pro tires I have ever seen on a mower, I felt the rocks in the parking lot just cruising around on it. dealer carried the Gravely mowers so I was acting like I was looking at buying the XL with 2800's for $4199, or hd for $5199 with 3100's fr kawa. Just for kicks we got the zg227 out to drive around too, and it felt more like the hd gravely, but in the $8000+range, got me looking at the 252 then. Honestly it felt better on the sticks, had a better looking spindle, deck design, feel, I was so blown away I had the Gravely rep bring out some demoes this week and talk about signing up with them selling... Looks like Gravely has really stepped to the plate since i looked at them last... If I was shopping for real and could get past the salesman almost begging me to buy the bota talking about how much better it was, I was thinking the Gravelys were a much better buy side by side.
I had heard that since this mower was released Kubota was gonna start making the Bota dealers start pulling the other lines out (I can see why after my visit to this one). I thought it was just a rumor, but so far verified by 6 people in the biz this week... I have an acquaintance that owns 3 bota dealerships, i will holler at him this week to find out for sure...

Timely
08-09-2013, 12:46 AM
Retrodog, I was at a dealer today and wanted to look at the Kubotas, Ferris's, and Scags. He showed me Kubota and Ferris, but when I asked about Scag, he took me out and showed me one outside and said, "You don't want one of these. We haven't sold one in 2 years." Then he pointed to something about how the deck lifts that he said was bad. He definitely didn't want to sell me one of those. He did give me the info on Ferris, but he was pushing the Kubota for sure.

JCLawn and more
08-09-2013, 11:14 AM
Retrodog, I was at a dealer today and wanted to look at the Kubotas, Ferris's, and Scags. He showed me Kubota and Ferris, but when I asked about Scag, he took me out and showed me one outside and said, "You don't want one of these. We haven't sold one in 2 years." Then he pointed to something about how the deck lifts that he said was bad. He definitely didn't want to sell me one of those. He did give me the info on Ferris, but he was pushing the Kubota for sure.

I did try out the z100. Rides rough has heck but cuts just like my zd326

KCMO95
08-12-2013, 07:26 PM
Does it look like the wheels are really big with not a whole lot of meat to the tires to anyone else or is that just me?

JCLawn and more
08-12-2013, 10:02 PM
Does it look like the wheels are really big with not a whole lot of meat to the tires to anyone else or is that just me?

Ya they are

mts25
08-13-2013, 05:15 PM
I have been running a ZG123S for a few months now and have been pleased. It is a really nice unit for residential use. I have only 2 complaints with the mower:

First, the non-foldable ROPS, how stupid. Plus, Kubota doesn't even offer a foldable one as an upgrade. After popping a wheelie or two on low branches I made my non-foldable ROPS foldable. Works great now.:)

Second, the low profile rear tires. Again, seems kind of dumb to me. They do look cool, but I would rather give up the looks for a bit better ride. Even with the full suspension seat on the S models it still rides pretty firm, I haven't tried the E models with the basic seat but I would have to imagine that ride is pretty miserable. Over the winter I will probably pick up a set of smaller wheels with meatier tires to soften things up a bit.

retrodog
08-13-2013, 05:42 PM

I hear that a lot, my mower reps get excited when they get in a bit tractor dealership, they don't understand it hurts them more than helps. Our dealer had Gravely, but always tried to sell bota first, I always sent them back to look at the other mowers again.... Out of the 65 brands I feel whole heartily that deere and bota have the least mower to offer for the most money everytime, specially when figuring long time ownership of parts and labor also at a tractor dealer. There are some tractor dealers that are easy to deal with, but its rare

JCLawn and more
08-13-2013, 06:18 PM
I hear that a lot, my mower reps get excited when they get in a bit tractor dealership, they don't understand it hurts them more than helps. Our dealer had Gravely, but always tried to sell bota first, I always sent them back to look at the other mowers again.... Out of the 65 brands I feel whole heartily that deere and bota have the least mower to offer for the most money everytime, specially when figuring long time ownership of parts and labor also at a tractor dealer. There are some tractor dealers that are easy to deal with, but its rare

Its pretty hard to say that about the kubota diesel. Bad boy is the only one that has them beat in price. I paid $12,800 in 2011. Scag was 18k, dixie was 18k+, JD would of been 17k, grasshopper over 20k for the 900's. Also none of the except JD and a wet cluch that is not a wear item, and none of them have as heavy duty of a transaxel system, and none of them as good as of trans cooling system as far as I know. Ya parts are going to be through the roof, but in 1020hrs I've had to replace one deck belt. I think in the next 1000 hrs I might have to replace the drive shaft. That's it.

retrodog
08-14-2013, 12:21 AM
Man those are high prices.. I sold a 325d grasshopper yesterday for 12800 yesterday (930 front mount is much different type of mower than a mid mount, but even those I do around $17 to 18...). The 430d is more around 15k, the grasshoppers are usually same as boat... SCAG diesel around $14k, gravely 400 with Kubota diesel around 12800 (fleet discount),... 35hp cat 4 cylinder diesel Bb 12999 28hp cat $11499...etc

JCLawn and more
08-14-2013, 07:28 AM
Man those are high prices.. I sold a 325d grasshopper yesterday for 12800 yesterday (930 front mount is much different type of mower than a mid mount, but even those I do around $17 to 18...). The 430d is more around 15k, the grasshoppers are usually same as boat... SCAG diesel around $14k, gravely 400 with Kubota diesel around 12800 (fleet discount),... 35hp cat 4 cylinder diesel Bb 12999 28hp cat $11499...etc

Ya I was quoted 18k on a 726d back in 2011. Here a 72inch gravely gas your looking at mid 12's. Ya 18k on a scag turf tiger with that CAT was him cutting me a deal. The grasshopper 726d I did not like the radiator setup because it looked the same as my 94 721d. When it gets dry and your eating grass the radiator plugs in 30min-a hour. The kubota I sometimes have to clean once a month. I would much rather have a 930d than my kubota though. 430d I don't know why they don't do a flex front axel, same with every mower. It cuts out a ton of bumps and the deck floats better. Kubota and ferris are the only ones that have that. Grasshopper front mounts now have the full floating front deck and pivoting rear axel, I imagine it must ride like a Cadillac. Ya around here nothing could touch my price on the kubota for what I got. Diesel, shaft drive through transaxels, wet clutch, shaft drive deck, greaseable everything, 360 degree pivoting anti scalp wheels, pivoting front axel, integrated mower lift with the front axel, hydraulic deck lift witch lifts the deck faster than what a foot lift can, and diesel. Gravely around here won't stock diesel and they will steer you away from them as much as possible. But now that 997 for that 17k you get diesel, electric lift, greasable bearings and a wet clutch. Still better than the scag dealer here.